• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see this yet? New Eli Roth production...

HAUNT (2019)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. This was political narrative disguised as a movie.

This was a horror movie for liberals only ...The monster? ...White people.

I must have watched a different movie. I guess if some people want to look for something to bitch about from a political narrative they'll find it.

that said, certainly not a horror. falls into sci-fi for me. you can get a gist of the entire movie from this thread

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 days of horror starts tonight... Y'all know what to do.

EFv872GWsAALV_C
Kicked off my start with Left Bank (Linkeroever) - 2008

fine start to the month. getting tougher to find stuff that I haven't seen before that also looks interesting. usually i'll just throw on some random crap that I know will be crap.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicked off my start with Left Bank (Linkeroever) - 2008

fine start to the month. getting tougher to find stuff that I haven't seen before that also looks interesting. usually i'll just throw on some random crap that I know will be crap.
Same here. I don't have time to hunt the streaming platforms for something good on weeknights. Get home at 5:30-6, cook dinner, and have about 20-30mins to myself before the wife & kids get home. I just throw something on as soon as I step in the door. Have to pause it when the kids get there so I don't scar them for life lol. Wait til they go to bed then I finish the movie.

I kicked my 31-days off with Hush (2016)

hush.jpg

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... Do they call it "A Quieter Place" ?

Judging by the cast returning it's gotta be a sequel. Also excited to see what Cillian Murphy brings to the table. Maybe an additional antagonist?

So we have a mother, 2 kids & a baby... Probably going to be a small timeline jump so as to alleviate the baby issue, which already presents all sorts of problems to the script.

Cillian Murphy is a silent attraction for most people. Most won't see this movie because of his addition, but they will enjoy it more because of his addition. Liked the first one, saw a lot of unfavorable reviews about the first one that I couldn't have disagreed with more.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 Days of Horror - Day 1:

Just got done watching School Spirit, an episode of the Hulu Original Anthology series, Into the Dark. It wasn't bad, but it was very predictable. I generally like the Into the Dark series, but a lot of the episodes are hit or miss. Treehouse has been the best so far, in my opinion. It seems like the premise of these episodes are great but the execution is lacking in many areas. With that said, I'd still recommend the series to anyone who likes horror. None of the episodes tie in together so no need to watch them all in order.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cillian Murphy is a silent attraction for most people. Most won't see this movie because of his addition, but they will enjoy it more because of his addition. Liked the first one, saw a lot of unfavorable reviews about the first one that I couldn't have disagreed with more.
I think it was @Taddy Mason I had the conversation with, but we went back & forth for a few pages in this thread somewhere over A Quiet Place. Lots of logical fallacies that we discussed and tried to reason with. I'd be interested to see your view on a lot of it. You'll have to forgive me though as I don't quite recall everything that was discussed or if we found defined reasoning for some of the issues.

I will say this though... My 2nd & 3rd viewings of that movie went A LOT better. I caught a lot more things that I either missed or that were added to the DVD release. And they helped alleviate a ton of questions.

My original review here: Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with damn near everything. I hoped this was going to be good, but ultimately disappointed.

I would add (and you may have mentioned it and I forgot, you wrote a lot lol) the writing was very poor. I am a father of two and I found myself constantly wondering why these parents were acting the way they were. Their "parenting" skills were nonexistent and when you couple that level of bad writing with bad acting... it was just really bad. Numerous times I was saying out loud 'what parent would do that?' 'say that' 'act like that' or even 'not do this/that' or something to that affect.

That jaw seen though lol
Agreed. In regards to being a parent... Sadly, I feel this way about a lot of movies. Tons of illogical moments that make you emotionally disconnected from the characters. But I do get some sort of evil satisfaction from when parents meet their untimely end due to those stupid actions... "Well serves you right for bein a terrible parent"

Yea that wreck scene was gnarly. A brief but good gorey touch to an otherwise forgetful movie.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subscribed to Shudder for the month of October. Love the premise but it may be a one a done until more content is added.

They do have a Creepshow series I need to check out. Greg Nicotero is involved which gives me some hope.

So far I've watched Slumber Party Massacre (typical, amazing 80s slasher), Deadectives (a ghost hunter comedy, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit) and Hell House LLC 2 (not as good as the original but worth a watch).

AHS is bad but I think it's purposely bad. As stated, it's like an 80s slasher movie so I love it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Exorcist. The part where she grabs the priest's nuts still haunts me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subscribed to Shudder for the month of October. Love the premise but it may be a one a done until more content is added.

They do have a Creepshow series I need to check out. Greg Nicotero is involved which gives me some hope.

So far I've watched Slumber Party Massacre (typical, amazing 80s slasher), Deadectives (a ghost hunter comedy, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit) and Hell House LLC 2 (not as good as the original but worth a watch).

AHS is bad but I think it's purposely bad. As stated, it's like an 80s slasher movie so I love it.
Damn dude... All in 1 day?

WE GROVEL AT YOUR FEET!!!

AHS - definitely avoiding that one until I get some better reviews. Everything I have seen from the trailers makes me cringe. And you can tell its on purpose. Just why though? lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goin with the classics! I like your style! :suds:
Saw it as a teenager many years ago and still remember going home and being the only one in the house that night. I could not stop looking down at the foot of the bed expecting to see that awful demon girl sitting there.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting off movies, I watched the pilot for Evil last week and it looks like it might have some promise.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it as a teenager many years ago and still remember going home and being the only one in the house that night. I could not stop looking down at the foot of the bed expecting to see that awful demon girl sitting there.
Horror roots! Certain movies give very lucid memories. Ones that you constantly dream about for the rest of your life. One of the many things that I love the most about this genre. And keeps me pursuing this genre is search of making more of those same memories. Love it.

My dad took me to see the original Halloween at a drive in theater when I was a very young age. Had my head on a swivel looking for that white mask everywhere I went for weeks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horror roots! Certain movies give very lucid memories. Ones that you constantly dream about for the rest of your life. One of the many things that I love the most about this genre. And keeps me pursuing this genre is search of making more of those same memories. Love it.

My dad took me to see the original Halloween at a drive in theater when I was a very young age. Had my head on a swivel looking for that white mask everywhere I went for weeks.
Ha ha! I hear you brother. In your head you know it isn't real but that doesn't stop you from believing it could happen. The mind is a funny thing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I hear you brother. In your head you know it isn't real but that doesn't stop you from believing it could happen. The mind is a funny thing.
Shit yea it is. The twisted thing is I don't know if its my mind WANTING to see it. lol. Looking out at distant hedges & alleyways thinkin, "damn that would be epic to see Michael standing there"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midsommar now available. About an hour in and I hope the script is flipped soon. Recall this being a darling earlier in the year in the horror category, but so far, it's just playing like an art flick that critics like. As I said, only an hour in and there's still 90 minutes left on this, hope it goes a Mandy route and gets really nuts from here. Been pretty bright and relaxing so far.

So what was the end result? I know it's getting great reviews but that doesn't mean much.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was @Taddy Mason I had the conversation with, but we went back & forth for a few pages in this thread somewhere over A Quiet Place. Lots of logical fallacies that we discussed and tried to reason with. I'd be interested to see your view on a lot of it. You'll have to forgive me though as I don't quite recall everything that was discussed or if we found defined reasoning for some of the issues.

I will say this though... My 2nd & 3rd viewings of that movie went A LOT better. I caught a lot more things that I either missed or that were added to the DVD release. And they helped alleviate a ton of questions.

My original review here: Horror Movies

The whole pregnancy thing was something that I missed also. First off, why are you having a baby during, what seems to be, the WORST time for something like a crying baby that can't be kept shut for periods of time? But, regardless, the first time I watched the movie, it came as a shock to me to see exactly how pregnant she was in, what seemed to be, out of nowhere. But after watching it a few more times I can see some subtle things that could hint to her being pregnant. The waterfall discussion you guys were having was spot on. That is the BEST place to live in a world where making noises signs your death certificate.

Something that I thought about after watching the movie 2-3 times was, did the son REALLY need to die at the beginning of the movie? I get that built in a bigger sense of protection for the daughter for the entire movie, but it didn't seem necessary to me. I do get, cinematically, why they did it, I just fight with some movies that do things that are unnecessary to the story as a whole. It's not like they learned anything from that event aside from ''protect your kids'' but that's something that should've been instilled in them from the beginning.

If the 2nd movie doesn't have them building a home near the waterfall, they don't know how to survive a world-ending event properly lol.