• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been nice to start september a lot of the streaming sites have dropped a decent number of horror movies. Think one of netflix of prime added the terrifier

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the free weekend showtime, been trying to get through their on demand offerings, just saw dude bro party massacre iii, figured it'd be in the wheelhouse as i'm getting my buzz on, just terrible overall and no reason to watch it, when they try and make a bad movie, a lot of times, it just doesn't translate or they try to hard. no bueno.

so, the showtime weekend thus far (from what they offered, i'm just doing my best to catch the ones i haven't seen and not ones that may be better).

sleepwalkers - early 90s stephen king adaptation. wasn't very good, but just the nostalgic factor of it was entertaining enough for me.

with that, let's talk about stephen king. i hear a lot of times that the movies don't translate well to his books. i also hear his books have great premises, but often have poor endings. i've seen a lot of stephen king film adaptations, but have only read one book (duma key), the book certainly gave me the chills, but the ending was horrible and ruined it for me. I don't know where i wanted to go with this, but I think my end point was probably that I should read some more books before I come to a conclusion.

the lawnmower man - don't think i saw it before, i guess watching it now it looks very cheesy, perhaps the idea around it is cheesy as well, had some decent moments (obviously more sci-fi, but popped up as horror in what i was looking at).

Death Line (aka Raw Meat) - So fucking slow and with so little going on. Don't waste your time.

The Bye Bye Man - think iv'e seen it brought up recently. fairly ho hum, wasn't a bad watch, not a good one either. feel like they were trying to build up for a sequel with the most notable actor in the film.

B&B - Meh, tried for something, but don't think it got there.

going to watch nocturne now, hoping for the best.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody going to watch The Purge on TV? 10.episode special event.....hyping that a lot recently.
I will be.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been nice to start september a lot of the streaming sites have dropped a decent number of horror movies. Think one of netflix of prime added the terrifier

I watched Terrifier on Netflix over the weekend. It was great for a b-grade horror film.

Usually the clown concept in horror comes across as really cheesy, but they pulled this one off.

The opening sequence was one of the more scary/disturbing/fucked up things I've seen in a movie and the clown was not even in it.

Apparently, a sequel is in the works.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be required for you guys, that when posting, you mention if there's boobs or not.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, you're right; time for a comeback! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Agreed. Let it be known! It may even give some movies a 1-2 point ante on their ratings.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Psycho ll on Cinemax. Next up? Why, Psycho lll, of course.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41185036_2018232838226932_4716639454180147200_n.jpg

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do another batch:

Long Weekend - Australian isn't nature wild movie, fairly average, nothing to write more about.

The Meg - Jaws/Deep Blue Sea wanna be with no suspense and additional asians to up the overseas box office.

Hotel Transylvania 3 - Okay, I kid, but there's a bunch of monsters in these movies and this one has some added Van Helsing...

Homicidal - From William Castle, innovator of the illusion-o and percepto, this movie comes with a fright break at the end of the movie where the audience could leave and get a refund if they were too scared, which was pretty funny. Did read this tidbit after the fact at what he did when too many people tried to take advantage of it: William Castle simply went nuts. He came up with "Coward's Corner," a yellow cardboard booth, manned by a bewildered theater employee in the lobby. When the Fright Break was announced, and you found that you couldn't take it anymore, you had to leave your seat and, in front of the entire audience, follow yellow footsteps up the aisle, bathed in a yellow light. Before you reached Coward's Corner, you crossed yellow lines with the stenciled message: "Cowards Keep Walking." You passed a nurse (in a yellow uniform?...I wonder), who would offer a blood-pressure test. All the while a recording was blaring, "Watch the chicken! Watch him shiver in Coward's Corner!" As the audience howled, you had to go through one final indignity – at Coward's Corner you were forced to sign a yellow card stating, "I am a bona fide coward."

Overall the movie was interesting enough.

Gozu - Just a weird movie, wouldn't consider it a horror, but it is listed as such. Actually, I guess a cowheaded person is kinda fucking scary in a way, it was more gross than anything in spots. By the same person that did Visitor Q and Audition.

Devour - Shitty movie from the mid aughts starring Supernatural's Jensen Ackles, not very good at all.

Voodoo Man - quick hitter at a shade over an hour. it's available on prime, as is the version with rifftrax commentary, which added so much to this lugosi flick. actually, the song they made up at the end was the creepiest thing about it. otherwise, it's hilarious.

A Field in England - Just a weird, dumb, movie. Wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Eyes of Laura Mars - I feel the concept has been done a few times since. Person can see killings happen through the eyes of the killer. Has some star power in it.

Son of Dracula - Not sure why it has Dracula in the title as he wasn't in the movie at all. The vampire was Count Alucard, completely different guy... Interesting concept, if nothing else.

Mandy - new Nick Cage joint. Starts out a bit slow, but loved the use of color in it. have a feeling this will be a cult classic.

He's Out There - The bad guy was a bit unique, though I had trouble following the logic of those in the movie.

Stephanie - Didn't care for it at all.

976-EVIL and 976-EVIL II - bad, but I liked it. Robert Englunds directorial debut and essentially directorial farewell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do another batch:

Long Weekend - Australian isn't nature wild movie, fairly average, nothing to write more about.

The Meg - Jaws/Deep Blue Sea wanna be with no suspense and additional asians to up the overseas box office.

Hotel Transylvania 3 - Okay, I kid, but there's a bunch of monsters in these movies and this one has some added Van Helsing...

Homicidal - From William Castle, innovator of the illusion-o and percepto, this movie comes with a fright break at the end of the movie where the audience could leave and get a refund if they were too scared, which was pretty funny. Did read this tidbit after the fact at what he did when too many people tried to take advantage of it: William Castle simply went nuts. He came up with "Coward's Corner," a yellow cardboard booth, manned by a bewildered theater employee in the lobby. When the Fright Break was announced, and you found that you couldn't take it anymore, you had to leave your seat and, in front of the entire audience, follow yellow footsteps up the aisle, bathed in a yellow light. Before you reached Coward's Corner, you crossed yellow lines with the stenciled message: "Cowards Keep Walking." You passed a nurse (in a yellow uniform?...I wonder), who would offer a blood-pressure test. All the while a recording was blaring, "Watch the chicken! Watch him shiver in Coward's Corner!" As the audience howled, you had to go through one final indignity – at Coward's Corner you were forced to sign a yellow card stating, "I am a bona fide coward."

Overall the movie was interesting enough.

Gozu - Just a weird movie, wouldn't consider it a horror, but it is listed as such. Actually, I guess a cowheaded person is kinda fucking scary in a way, it was more gross than anything in spots. By the same person that did Visitor Q and Audition.

Devour - Shitty movie from the mid aughts starring Supernatural's Jensen Ackles, not very good at all.

Voodoo Man - quick hitter at a shade over an hour. it's available on prime, as is the version with rifftrax commentary, which added so much to this lugosi flick. actually, the song they made up at the end was the creepiest thing about it. otherwise, it's hilarious.

A Field in England - Just a weird, dumb, movie. Wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Eyes of Laura Mars - I feel the concept has been done a few times since. Person can see killings happen through the eyes of the killer. Has some star power in it.

Son of Dracula - Not sure why it has Dracula in the title as he wasn't in the movie at all. The vampire was Count Alucard, completely different guy... Interesting concept, if nothing else.

Mandy - new Nick Cage joint. Starts out a bit slow, but loved the use of color in it. have a feeling this will be a cult classic.

He's Out There - The bad guy was a bit unique, though I had trouble following the logic of those in the movie.

Stephanie - Didn't care for it at all.

976-EVIL and 976-EVIL II - bad, but I liked it. Robert Englunds directorial debut and essentially directorial farewell.
Damn! You've been busy!

Haven't heard of most of these so I'm gonna have to check 'em out. Thanks for the writeups!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Piranha 3D last night. Tittie meter broke at some point. :wank: