• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horrible SS contracts of past and present collide - NYY @ TEX 7/27-7/30

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello there mr hindsight. I suppose he should've known Choo would be a giant flop, that Elvis would regress to a below replacement level player, Darvish and Perez would need TJ, That Holland would have a freak accident followed by an unforseeable shoulder injury, and Profar would be unable to stay healthy among other things I don't have time to type out.

The only thing I lay entirely at his feet is the bullpen. That mess is his baby, and he definitely should've built us a better one. It's easy to sit in front of your computer 2 years later and point to what should've been done. Fact is, if just a third of those unforseeable events don't happen then this team is certainly in the race. But keep on with that, bud.
Not hindsight at all. I said all along that I didn't like those moves. I expected Choo to be better than he has been and still didn't like the signing. The moves between the 2013 and 2014 seasons were simply not enough to make a big enough difference.

Derek Holland being healthy all this year would not have made that big of a difference overall. Not enough to make us major contenders for sure. Profar being healthy would have simply kept Roogie in the minors so I don't think even he would have made a big difference. Also, you are always going to suffer some injuries. We have not been unfairly hit with injuries this season at all.

It is easy for you to sit in front of your computer and say I am using hindsight, but I don't operate that way. I had many folks tell me I was being too pessimistic back two offseasons ago. That is they way it always seems to go. If you say the team is making a mistake when it happens then you get blamed for being too pessimistic. Then when you recall what you thought later on you are blamed for using hindsight. You just can't please some folks I guess.

I was criticized soundly for opposing the Choo and the Prince acquisitions when they took place and I was criticized soundly a year ago for complaining that Beltre should have been traded while he still had significant value. So I am not simply using hindsight now.

I still say we should have rebuilt after 2013 unless we were willing to gamble on a lot of free agents. I said it back then as well.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello there mr hindsight. I suppose he should've known Choo would be a giant flop, that Elvis would regress to a below replacement level player, Darvish and Perez would need TJ, That Holland would have a freak accident followed by an unforseeable shoulder injury, and Profar would be unable to stay healthy among other things I don't have time to type out.

The only thing I lay entirely at his feet is the bullpen. That mess is his baby, and he definitely should've built us a better one. It's easy to sit in front of your computer 2 years later and point to what should've been done. Fact is, if just a third of those unforseeable events don't happen then this team is certainly in the race. But keep on with that, bud.

well stated and totally correct

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody needs to tap-the-brakes on Mr. Odor IMO. It's wonderful he's hitting lights-out. I love his attitude, hustle, and it seems he's developed some sense of plan at the plate. However, he still plays a very bad 2nd base, and uses his head for a doorstop at times.

It's not just the error - technically recorded as a hit - from last night. Although, I don't recall seeing anything quite that horrid in a very long time. It is however the fact he's averaging better than an error a week, and the number of balls he doesn't field cleaning, or throw properly seems to be growing. Very concerning to me.

And as far as Perez and Harrison are concerned, most here are not very surprised by what we are/aren't getting, and frankly, I expect to see more of the same for the foreseeable future.

I stated previously, I expect to see 2 steps forward one game, 1 too 2 back the next. Just the way it is for most guys coming off sever injuries.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody needs to tap-the-brakes on Mr. Odor IMO. It's wonderful he's hitting lights-out. I love his attitude, hustle, and it seems he's developed some sense of plan at the plate. However, he still plays a very bad 2nd base, and uses his head for a doorstop at times.

It's not just the error - technically recorded as a hit - from last night. Although, I don't recall seeing anything quite that horrid in a very long time. It is however the fact he's averaging better than an error a week, and or throthe number of balls he doesn't field cleaning,w properly seems to be growing. Very concerning to me.

And as far as Perez and Harrison are concerned, most here are not very surprised by what we are/aren't getting, and frankly, I expect to see more of the same for the foreseeable future.

I stated previously, I expect to see 2 steps forward one game, 1 too 2 back the next. Just the way it is for most guys coming off sever injuries.
Don't think it's time to tap the brakes yet

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 day games today. That's odd isn't it?

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BannyRooster brings back the standard lineup tonight...

DDJ - Roogie - Prince - AB - Big Mitch - Hambone - Elvis - Choo - Chirinos

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also 21 and wasn't expected to be here at this point. It sucks we're getting his growing pains at the top level, but like you said, I love his bat and his gamesmanship.
Agree. It's no secret his shortcoming right now is defense. Get that on the up and up and we will have us a solid all around ball player.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wandy might be fine after taking some time to rest. He has already pitched way more innings than he did last year and he is right at the amount of innings this year that he pitched the past two years combined.