• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horace Grant says LeBron James Miami Heat no match for Michael Jordan's Bulls

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
OH Wait, I cant stop Laughing at this my stomach hurts. Let me catch my breath. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This has got to be the dumbest comment of the month on SportsHoopla! How old are you by the way ? Kobe Shaq Lakers would destroy the Thunder, it's not even close, but thanks for the laugh, please continue. :rofl:

So they aren't good defenders, but then most in the league. Nothing crwzy about the comment, maybe you just don't know.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ had a little over 1000. James about 850. Once Lebron gets to 1000, it will be roughly 1500 more assists. That isn't much though...ya know

And he will only have 27,500 points while MJ has 32,300. That is 5,000 more points. That isn't much though, ya know...

And he will only have 1,700 steals while MJ has 2,500. That is 800 more steals. That isn't much though, ya know...

On the plus side LBJ will have 3,300 turnovers. That is more than MJ's 2,924.

See what I did there?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he will only have 27,500 points while MJ has 32,300. That is 5,000 more points. That isn't much though, ya know...

And he will only have 1,700 steals while MJ has 2,500. That is 800 more steals. That isn't much though, ya know...

On the plus side LBJ will have 3,300 turnovers. That is more than MJ's 2,924.

See what I did there?

Hence the more all around player, plus if you watched bball you know Lebron handles the ball about 90% of the time, like a PG. So it is obvious he will have more turnovers.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious though.

If Lebron was still on Cleveland he would be up there close to MJ in points, might have more assists, and probably more turnovers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they aren't good defenders, but then most in the league. Nothing crwzy about the comment, maybe you just don't know.

Nothing crazy about you saying the current Thunder team would beat the 2000/02 Lakers?!?

Time to stop drinking buddy!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they didn't. Doesn't mean they get everything right and most of them are just in that position bc they used to be there.

For example: Skip knows a lot about basketball, but predicting games I do a better job than that chump. Evaluating between two great players who will win. It is a coin flip, anyone could win especially when both are as talented as these two.

It's common sense man. This is a little different than scouting a player and shit.

ATTENTION ALL SPORTSHOOPLA MESSAGE BOARD MEMBERS! SHANEMAN IS NOW THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE HUMAN BEING ON THE TOPIC OF BASKETBALL! BY JUST WATCHING A COUPLE OF GAMES A WEEK DURING THE SEASON AS WELL AS READING THE BOX SCORES AND WATCHING ESPN'S TOP TEN PLAYS OF THE DAY, HE HAS AMASSED MORE KNOWLEDGE ON THE SPORT THAN THE LIKES OF 11 TIME CHAMPION COACH PHIL JACKSON, 5 TIME CHAMPION COACH AND 2TIME CHAMPION GM PAT REILY AND THE ONLY MAN TO BE LEAGUE MVP, GOACH OF THE YEAR AND GM OF THE YEAR, LARRY BIRD. EVERONE, BOW TO HIS SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE!

tumblr_kzhxmzvDxB1qboiiho1_400.gif

Man, I wish you would put you mind to world peace...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your data is telling you that Harden would have been better for the Heat than Wade this season. That anthony davis is a better center than Dwight Howard; that david west is a better defender than Tim Duncan and serge ibaka. Are you comfortable that win shares and defensive win share show this?

For the umpteenth time. Then pick you metric. I said win shares were a quick and easy way. If you want something more in depth, I suggest you get started. Then present it and I will proceed to pick it apart and prove you wrong...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the more all around player, plus if you watched bball you know Lebron handles the ball about 90% of the time, like a PG. So it is obvious he will have more turnovers.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious though.

If Lebron was still on Cleveland he would be up there close to MJ in points,(he wasn't even up there when he was in Cleveland) might have more assists, and probably more turnovers.

So assists is what makes you an all around player? Gotcha. Of course. Nothing else matters. But wait. You just said that LBJ handles the ball, to quote, "about 90% of the time, like a PG" So if he would have more turnovers because he plays like a PG, might that not explain the increase in assists too?

colbert.gif

But since you seem to think assists is indicative of being an all around player, then you must agree, Johnny Stockton was the best all around player ever.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the umpteenth time. Then pick you metric. I said win shares were a quick and easy way. If you want something more in depth, I suggest you get started. Then present it and I will proceed to pick it apart and prove you wrong...

Did you miss the post I posted earlier? Here it is below again:

You should know by now if you have been a long time fan of hoops that a metric alone isn't going to give you the complete picture of the talent of a player and their value to the team. If you are going to base your argument based totally on a metric then this discussion will be futile. There is a reason that people coach teams and not computers, there is more to the game of hoops than data.

Plus you completely ignore my comments on Horace grant and don't address them but only to say, "is that your gut feeling" when the comments were presenting a trend with and without Grant. You have a narrow minded view of hoops which leads to your lack of understanding of it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
OH Wait, I cant stop Laughing at this my stomach hurts. Let me catch my breath. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This has got to be the dumbest comment of the month on SportsHoopla! How old are you by the way ? Kobe Shaq Lakers would destroy the Thunder, it's not even close, but thanks for the laugh, please continue. :rofl:

I'm not sure Shane is old enough to have seen Shaq in his prime.

"Oden would shut Shaq down."

"Shaq never faced anyone like Oden."

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should know by now if you have been a long time fan of hoops that a metric alone isn't going to give you the complete picture of the talent of a player and their value to the team. If you are going to base your argument based totally on a metric then this discussion will be futile. There is a reason that people coach teams and not computers, there is more to the game of hoops than data.

Plus you completely ignore my comments on Horace grant and don't address them but only to say, "is that your gut feeling" when the comments were presenting a trend with and without Grant. You have a narrow minded view of hoops which leads to your lack of understanding of it.

I ignored it because it is flimsy. Correlation =/= causation. The NBA is a complicated mechanism. Too many moving parts. What else changed on the Bulls? In their division? Conference? In the Association? :noidea:

But If you truly believe that Michael Jordan only makes the Bulls a 2 win better team, they you sir, are the one that does not grasp the sport of basketball in the least.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But metrics ARE the place to start. You want eyeball test too? Jordan was a better competitor. Jordan was a better leader. Jordan played in an era where the defenses were more physical and yet did what he did.

What in the eyeball test makes you think LBJ is better? 2 inches and 50 pounds?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Shane is old enough to have seen Shaq in his prime.

"Oden would shut Shaq down."

"Shaq never faced anyone like Oden."

I watched Shaq his whole career.

I probably watched more than some these Laker jackoffs on here.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Shaq his whole career.

I probably watched more than some these Laker jackoffs on here.

"Stanley Roberts is an inch taller than Shaq. Thus, Stanley Roberts > Shaq." - Shane

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But metrics ARE the place to start. You want eyeball test too? Jordan was a better competitor. Jordan was a better leader. Jordan played in an era where the defenses were more physical and yet did what he did.

What in the eyeball test makes you think LBJ is better? 2 inches and 50 pounds?

You're eyeball doesn't count, it is too far up MJ's ass.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ignored it because it is flimsy. Correlation =/= causation. The NBA is a complicated mechanism. Too many moving parts. What else changed on the Bulls? In their division? Conference? In the Association? :noidea:

But If you truly believe that Michael Jordan only makes the Bulls a 2 win better team, they you sir, are the one that does not grasp the sport of basketball in the least.

LOL…what doesn't have many moving parts? You wanted to compare WS which has many moving parts. Are you always this contradictory. Most of the main components of the bulls were there when grant was there then not there those 2 seasons, a somewhat knowledgeable fan could come up with a reason as to why they think Grant's absence coincided with the bulls have a worse record but maybe this is too much for you.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stanley Roberts is an inch taller than Shaq. Thus, Stanley Roberts > Shaq." - Shane

It is gospel, so sayeth shane. Don't you know he is more knowledgeable than, Phil Jackson, Pat Reily and Larry Bird combined? I made an announcement. Did you not see the announcement?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he outweigh Shaq? Was he more powerful? Was he just as skilled? Did he have the same basketball IQ? Was he as good of a passer?

These are things you need to factor in, before 10/10

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans and a lone Nebraska fan are butthurt that Lebron DOES have a chance, and at that a pretty damn good one.

:suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he outweigh Shaq? Was he more powerful? Was he just as skilled? Did he have the same basketball IQ? Was he as good of a passer?

These are things you need to factor in, before 10/10

So if 6' 8" is better than 6' 6", then 6' 10" must be even better, right? :noidea:

Shane, you're getting silly, man.

Yes, Lebron is two inches taller than MJ. The comparisons end there. If you asked 100 NBA GM's if they'd take MJ or Lebron, 100 would take MJ without even thinking about it. Not 99, but all 100.

This is silly, man.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL…what doesn't have many moving parts? You wanted to compare WS which has many moving parts. Are you always this contradictory. Most of the main components of the bulls were there when grant was there then not there those 2 seasons, a somewhat knowledgeable fan could come up with a reason as to why they think Grant's absence coincided with the bulls have a worse record but maybe this is too much for you.

Are you intentionally this obtuse? WS is a metric. It has value. Is it the only thing? Nope. What else do you want to add to the comparison? Your expert opinion? Then write it up. And I will dismantle it.

And answer the question? Do you really think MJ is only worth 2 additional wins per year? Do you really think it was Ho Grant that made the Bulls tick?