• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horace Grant says LeBron James Miami Heat no match for Michael Jordan's Bulls

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in San Jose for a couple of years during the Bull's first 3peat and my cousin (big laker fan) used to always reiterate that those Bulls would stand no chance against the showtime lakers

Now it's (insert team) would stand no chance against the Bulls

In 10-15 years from now it'll be (insert team) would stand no chance against the Heat

Same argument as no movie will ever be better than Citizen Kane/2001 Space Odyssey

Every current great team/player will always get slighted in favor of another great team/player in a previous generation/decade.

The finals need to start already

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in San Jose for a couple of years during the Bull's first 3peat and my cousin (big laker fan) used to always reiterate that those Bulls would stand no chance against the showtime lakers

In 10-15 years from now it'll be (insert team) would stand no chance against the Heat

Same argument as no movie will ever be better than Citizen Kane/2001 Space Odyssey

Every current great team/player will always get slighted in favor of another great team/player in a previous generation/decade.

Like I said earlier, Usain Bolt wouldn't stand a chance against Carl Lewis in the 100 meter dash.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls lost in the conference semis to the eventual EC champion and they lost because of a very questionable call on a 3 point shot. They were very close to going to the Finals without Jordan. The next year the bulls were mediocre when Horace Grant left. So it appears Grant was very valuable to the team because in mid season Jordan joins the team with Grant gone and the Bulls get knocked out of the playoffs by the Magic. Not until they acquire Rodman do they get back on top. So it appears Horace was a very valuable supporting player since Jordan couldn't get on top again until they found a HOF replacement (Rodman). You may able to come up with different metrics to show that Grant wasn't as valuable as Bosh but most of the metrics aren't able to quantify defense an intangibles very well at all and in reality Grant was a much better supporting player to the Bulls than Bosh with the Heat. Currently CP3 has a higher WS in the reg season than Lebron, are we to assume CP3 is better than Lebron.

CP3 contributes to his team's wins more than LBJ, by a hair. But pick the metric. What do you want to measure? Name it.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the great thing about metrics. These things are measurable to a certain degree. They are not just shots in the dark. Think moneyball...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, Usain Bolt wouldn't stand a chance against Carl Lewis in the 100 meter dash.

If that is the case, why has nobody broke Wilt's 100 point game record or O.C.'s averaging a triple double for an entire season?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls lost in the conference semis to the eventual EC champion and they lost because of a very questionable call on a 3 point shot. They were very close to going to the Finals without Jordan. The next year the bulls were mediocre when Horace Grant left. So it appears Grant was very valuable to the team because in mid season Jordan joins the team with Grant gone and the Bulls get knocked out of the playoffs by the Magic. Not until they acquire Rodman do they get back on top. So it appears Horace was a very valuable supporting player since Jordan couldn't get on top again until they found a HOF replacement (Rodman). You may able to come up with different metrics to show that Grant wasn't as valuable as Bosh but most of the metrics aren't able to quantify defense an intangibles very well at all and in reality Grant was a much better supporting player to the Bulls than Bosh with the Heat. Currently CP3 has a higher WS in the reg season than Lebron, are we to assume CP3 is better than Lebron.

Is that your gut feeling?...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Lakers team would smoke anybody today. You can't build teams like that with the salary cap because you're talking like a 100 million dollar payroll. This Cavs team would be a serious contender in today's league and I think they'd give the heat all sorts of problems with Daugherty, Nance, Williams, and all the shooters they had:

1991-92 Cleveland Cavaliers Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

I didn't add it up but James' salary is close to the entire Cavs payroll that year. That doesn't mean today's teams suck, it just means the rules are different with the salary cap and the league is diluted with expansion.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 contributes to his team's wins more than LBJ, by a hair. But pick the metric. What do you want to measure? Name it.

You should know by now if you have been a long time fan of hoops that a metric alone isn't going to give you the complete picture of the talent of a player and their value to the team. If you are going to base your argument based totally on a metric then this discussion will be futile. There is a reason that people coach teams and not computers, there is more to the game of hoops than data.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting there are 1000 butt hurt Miami fans rights now whining:laugh3:

Why would Heat fans be butt hurt right now? I imagine they're very happy right now. I wish my team were in the Finals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change the subject but if this Heat team played the '87 Lakers 100 times, they wouldn't win one damn game. The Showtime fast break and defense would devastate them.

I was thinking that as of right now the NBA is the weakest league we have had in the last 50 years. Leboring doesn't even know what a hard foul is, Shaq would have knocked him on his ass, scored his bucket and still went to the line.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Lakers team would smoke anybody today. You can't build teams like that with the salary cap because you're talking like a 100 million dollar payroll. This Cavs team would be a serious contender in today's league and I think they'd give the heat all sorts of problems with Daugherty, Nance, Williams, and all the shooters they had:

1991-92 Cleveland Cavaliers Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

I didn't add it up but James' salary is close to the entire Cavs payroll that year. That doesn't mean today's teams suck, it just means the rules are different with the salary cap and the league is diluted with expansion.

Very true. Which is why it's impossible and in a way unfair to compare teams in today's era to teams in the past.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your gut feeling?...

Your data is telling you that Harden would have been better for the Heat than Wade this season. That anthony davis is a better center than Dwight Howard; that david west is a better defender than Tim Duncan and serge ibaka. Are you comfortable that win shares and defensive win share show this?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know there are people that are actually paid money to evaluate players right? Do you think Phil Jackson knows good players? Pat Reily? Larry Bird (the only person ever to be coach of the year and GM of the year by the way)? Do you think that they might have just a teeny tiny bit of expertise in this area?

Never said they didn't. Doesn't mean they get everything right and most of them are just in that position bc they used to be there.

For example: Skip knows a lot about basketball, but predicting games I do a better job than that chump. Evaluating between two great players who will win. It is a coin flip, anyone could win especially when both are as talented as these two.

It's common sense man. This is a little different than scouting a player and shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. About 850. So I guess math IS hard for you...

MJ had a little over 1000. James about 850. Once Lebron gets to 1000, it will be roughly 1500 more assists. That isn't much though...ya know

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the great thing about metrics. These things are measurable to a certain degree. They are not just shots in the dark. Think moneyball...

They only help you so much, doesn't predict anything. Especially going 10 for 10.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right... Jordan's Bulls would wipe the floor with Lebron and Co... it likely wouldn't be close. Especially the team that went 72-10.

I hate to agree, because I hated those Bulls teams in the 90's, but that 72-10 Bulls team was sick, especially on defense. They had an incredible run, they would destroy this Heat team 100 times out of 100 IMO.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka would have a field day on them. And you have pretty good defenders to guard Shaq and Kobe with Sefalosha and Perkins.

WOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
OH Wait, I cant stop Laughing at this my stomach hurts. Let me catch my breath. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This has got to be the dumbest comment of the month on SportsHoopla! How old are you by the way ? Kobe Shaq Lakers would destroy the Thunder, it's not even close, but thanks for the laugh, please continue. :rofl:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,928.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as big of a LeBron fan I am I still would take Jordan's bulls

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true the 2000-2002 lakers would have kill the heat.. The ref were always on their side... Ask the better team sacramento kings.. They'll tell you

Really?!? A heat fan talking about who the refs favour?

:laugh3: