• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honestly Wisconsin is just the better team

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin controlled the tempo the whole game. Not once did Cal try anything different to speed them up or take advantage of the height UK had inside. I don't think UK ever had a half court trap or a full course press in their arsenal. Cal always depended on his Bigs to win it for him.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won the game. Both teams had a week to prepare, Wisconsin was simply the better team tonight. Great ballgame and a great job on both ends.

So proud of the Cats. Watching the press conference, Aaron, Andrew, Willie, Karl.....no excuses, no blame, just great game by Wisconsin and they deserved the win. Humble group of kids in their 38 wins, lots of class in a tough loss. Good Luck to Wisconsin against Duke

shocked u are so calm. id want cal's head right now

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They impacted the game ... How can they possibly miss that shot clock violation ? That was ridiculous... BIG moment because it tied the game... Also once again refs make it almost impossible to play D in the post... it's just ridiculous...

Dude whats your issue? They also missed a slap to the face which would've been two free throws, and called a charge on a made three.

refs were bad both ways. the refs were horrible but it was zero sum

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't close. Things like that, blocks, and charges are subject to interpretation. Shot clock violation is not. Guarantee you, that will be reviewable next year. I was amazed that wasnt reviewable. Is there a play more suited for review.
It really isn't, though. Flagrant 1 doesn't have to be intentional, it just has to make contact. It did, they reviewed it, and still fucked it up somehow. There's a reason ALL the analysts said it should be a flagrant 1.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna go that far. That Kentucky team was one of the most efficient in college basketball history. They are absolutely a national title worthy team.

What I will say is that our starting five is better. I've believed it since last year, and I still believe it. Kentucky has the depth, but our first is better than theirs. Sam is better probably better than their first as well. Nigel is better than Andrew Harrison (their third best). Gasser may not be as dynamic as Lyles, but he fits our team so much better. And Bronson is better than Aaron Harrison.

In a best of seven, they kill us. Our guys play way too many minutes to stay with them. But March Madness isn't a best of seven. It's a single game. Tonight it bit Kentucky in the ass, but it doesn't mean they weren't great. They absolutely were.
Well put. Doesn't matter what happens in a best of 7, this was a one game shot, and Wisconsin deserved to win the game.
As far as the better starters...instead of the absurd talk of UK beating an NBA team, who would start on a UK/Wiscy combo squad? I'm thinking the front line would be NBA worthy with Dekker, KAT and Kaminsky, with Gasser and Aaron in the backcourt. Probably have Andrew, Lyles, Hayes and WCS off the pine, though in a couple of years, Booker would be starting. Two fantastic teams, should have been the Championship IMO, but a great game either way

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude whats your issue? They also missed a slap to the face which would've been two free throws, and called a charge on a made three.

refs were bad both ways. the refs were horrible but it was zero sum

Like I already said... It was the moments in the clutch that hurt ... And don't ask what my issue is... #Q@!$^% man I"m entitled my opinion... jesus .. I"m not a fan of either team just thought the refs blew some critical call's right at the end...

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not his fault.

He gives Kentucky a chance to win every year by bringing in the #1 recruiting class, but it's a team of one and doners and you only have a year to develop the best players.

That's the deal. You make the Final 4 almost every year, but every year, it's a group of new stars and faces.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reviewable in the last two minutes, right? I was at a bar without sound, but that's what I thought the rule was.

And it absolutely was a Flagrant 1, at minimum. I was stunned it wasn't called, but I do think it motivated our team. That was really the turning point.
Not reviewable at any pt.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I already said... It was the moments in the clutch that hurt ... And don't ask what my issue is... #Q@!$^% man I"m entitled my opinion... jesus .. I"m not a fan of either team just thought the refs blew some critical call's right at the end...

The three/charge and flagrant 1 were in the clutch moments dude....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the worst sequence for UK was the 3 straight times they went 1-4 and had last second drives that didn't hit rim and resulted in a shot clock violations. Terrible. With a 4 point lead, I'm calling timeout and clearing out, but it would be to get it inside to KAT every time, with Booker and Aaron spotting up for 3.

What can you say? Cal isn't Ryan when it comes to X's and O's, never has been. I give him a ton of credit for shaping those young men though. Great group of kids and easy to root for

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not his fault.

He gives Kentucky a chance to win every year by bringing in the #1 recruiting class, but it's a team of one and doners and you only have a year to develop the best players.

That's the deal. You make the Final 4 almost every year, but every year, it's a group of new stars and faces.

this had nothing to do with player development and everything to do with poor coaching imo

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reviewable in the last two minutes, right? I was at a bar without sound, but that's what I thought the rule was.

And it absolutely was a Flagrant 1, at minimum. I was stunned it wasn't called, but I do think it motivated our team. That was really the turning point.

I thought you said you were gonna go to Indy? Tickets too much? :P

For real though, congrats man. It's gonna be tough vs Duke. You gotta wonder if the emotion will drain them after beating undefeated Kentucky. Duke is a tough matchup for Wisconsin. Win or lose, Wisconsin had an awesome year.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the worst sequence for UK was the 3 straight times they went 1-4 and had last second drives that didn't hit rim and resulted in a shot clock violations. Terrible. With a 4 point lead, I'm calling timeout and clearing out, but it would be to get it inside to KAT every time, with Booker and Aaron spotting up for 3.

What can you say? Cal isn't Ryan when it comes to X's and O's, never has been. I give him a ton of credit for shaping those young men though. Great group of kids and easy to root for

I'll give you credit for owning the loss. UK. I didn't expect that.

The announcers even pointed out the poor results of going 1-4.

Second, I have long believed BO is the best coach in basketball as far as getting the MOST out of the players he gets. recruiting is a different story. but this is a guy who has his team always relevant with players who aren't nearly as talented as their opponents. its incredible what he does year in and year out

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there another team that could go 7 minutes without a field goal in the second half and still beat Kentucky by 7 ?:noidea:

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they missed the flagrant on UK, it was UK's fault on the shot clock. By taking the ball inbounds than calling time out to ask for a review made it unreviewable, can't turn the clock back (similar to a team running a play in football before the previous play can be reviewed). A timeout before taking the ball inbounds might have made it reviewable. On the flagrant request Bo Ryan asked for it before another play took place.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was wrong with the charge on the 3? There were a ton of bad calls but that wasn't one of them because it was a charge before the shot went off.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they missed the flagrant on UK, it was UK's fault on the shot clock. By taking the ball inbounds than calling time out to ask for a review made it unreviewable, can't turn the clock back (similar to a team running a play in football before the previous play can be reviewed). A timeout before taking the ball inbounds might have made it reviewable. On the flagrant request Bo Ryan asked for it before another play took place.
Flagrants can be reviewed at any time. Shot clock violations are only in the final 2 minutes. It really is a retarded arbitrary rule.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Refs got too involved ...... Charge call's are kinda bang bang call's that could go either way... But the shot clock violation and the drive to the hoop foul call just stood out more to me ... Either way refs got too involved down the stretch ... That's not saying Wisconsin still couldn't have pulled it off...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't check, but the announcer immediately said shot click violations are not reviewable.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this had nothing to do with player development and everything to do with poor coaching imo

Cal is not an X/O's guy. He's a used car salesman. He always will be.

It's hard for a coach to be both a great coach and recruiter.

They should have won with Memphis too.