• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy shit vs Texans

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't. I did.
Exactly, then you're trying to attribute that sentiment to me so you can attack me, as the high-IQ person you're showing yourself to be.

Regardless of what you think, Pace has done a good job building a team that could be competitive for years, had his QB worked out for him. Pace was all-in on Trubisky the moment he traded up for him when he probably didn't have to. He gave Trubisky an elite defense and some good weapons on offense to be able to succeed. The only major part of the plan that didn't work was Trubisky not realizing his potential, which goes down as Pace's biggest miss and he'll have to own that. For anyone with a 5th grade or higher level of reading comprehension, I'm not making excuses for him, just pointing out what's true.

What's so hard about giving a guy credit for what he did well? Are we supposed to pretend that Pace didn't get great value in drafting Eddie Goldman, Adrian Amos, Cody Whitehair, Nick Kwiatkowski, Jordan Howard, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen, Roquan Smith, James Daniels, Bilal Nichols, David Montgomery, Cole Kmet, Jaylon Johnson and Darnell Mooney using one 1st and a bunch of mostly later round picks? Are we supposed to pretend that signing Allen Robinson coming off ACL surgery wasn't a homerun acquisition? Are we supposed to pretend picking Akeim Hicks off the scrap heap wasn't a great move? Are we supposed to pretend that making a move for Khalil Mack to legitimize our defense wasn't a great trade?

Nope, i guess not. We're supposed to hate Ryan Pace, hope his family dies in a car crash and remember him as a complete and utter failure because we're so self-important that we "deserve better." Man, Chicago fans are the fucking worst.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what you think, Pace has done a good job building a team that could be competitive for years, had his QB worked out for him.

Yep. And if I could only run faster...I probably would have won a gold medal in the Olympics.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're supposed to hate Ryan Pace, hope his family dies in a car crash and remember him as a complete and utter failure because we're so self-important that we "deserve better." Man, Chicago fans are the fucking worst.

If you could show me a post where I said Pace hasn't had any hits....I'd like to see that.

I don't want them to die...just become paraplegics. Death is going overboard.

He has failed though. Unless, regardless of how many seasons you think count or not, you think 1 playoff appearance is success.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And if I could only run faster...I probably would have won a gold medal in the Olympics.
And if you had 30 more IQ points you'd come within a single digit of hitting triple digits.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you had 30 more IQ points you'd come within a single digit of hitting triple digits.

Tell me again how the first two years of Pace don't count.

Let me know which seasons do and which don't...which draft picks count and which ones don't. So on.

Let's just completely move the goal posts in whichever direction is needed to make you correct.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this season doesn't count. Because of covid and all.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could show me a post where I said Pace hasn't had any hits....I'd like to see that.
Doesn't feel good when someone puts words in your mouth does it.

He has failed though. Unless, regardless of how many seasons you think count or not, you think 1 playoff appearance is success.
I've said his resume here is mediocre and it all centers around Trubisky not turning out. Outside of missing on the QB he's done quite well. But thanks to the nature of football/the NFL, missing on the QB is a miss that counts the same as about 10 big misses on other positions. You seem to think he's a total and utter failure at anything and everything and should be thrown in jail for his crimes against the great people of Chicago.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also the guy that drafted Kevin White. And signed Mike Glennon. And Robert Quinn. And neglected the offensive line because he thought Leno and Massie were legit NFL tackles. He's the guy that traded for Nick Foles.

He's that guy too. He's the guy that has never used a high draft pick on an offensive tackle and drafted Leonard Floyd 9th overall.

Used a 2nd round pick on Shaheen. The guy that, despite having 9 picks in the 2016 draft and nothing on the roster that resembled a real NFL QB, he selected exactly 0 QBs.

When you look at the whole picture...the misses outweigh the hits.

Yes but everyone will remember him for being the guy that took Trubisky over Mahomes. No one said every move he made after that was perfect.

Every GM in the league has bad picks. Nothing to see here.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could also rattle of some great moves Pace has made too. Doesn't mean anything. He'll be remember for the guy that took Trubs over Mahomes.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't feel good when someone puts words in your mouth does it.

Only I never actually put words in your mouth. I said something....and you accused me of accusing you of saying it.....and I told you I wasn't accusing you of saying it.

But continue to be angry about something that didn't happen.
Yes but everyone will remember him for being the guy that took Trubisky over Mahomes. No one said every move he made after that was perfect.

Every GM in the league has bad picks. Nothing to see here.
Glennon. Trubisky. Foles.

It's not one bad pick. It's a complete and total failure to find success at the most important position on the field.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think he's a total and utter failure at anything and everything and should be thrown in jail for his crimes against the great people of Chicago.

You seem to enjoy hyperbole even though you get mad when it's used against you.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could also rattle of some great moves Pace has made too. Doesn't mean anything. He'll be remember for the guy that took Trubs over Mahomes.
Which is the point. Make a big miss at the QB position and it's almost impossible to recover from. The fact that Pace might actually be safe from being fired (if Nagy somehow gets sold as the only scapegoat) speaks to the quality roster he built outside of the QB spot. It likely won't be enough but you never know with the Bears' terrible ownership.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can compare great moves to decent moves to bad ones all day.

On field results are what matters.

Is 1 playoff appearance in 6 seasons good enough?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the point. Make a big miss at the QB position and it's almost impossible to recover from. The fact that Pace might actually be safe from being fired (if Nagy somehow gets sold as the only scapegoat) speaks to the quality roster he built outside of the QB spot. It likely won't be enough but you never know with the Bears' terrible ownership.

If this happens that means you are trusting the guy that hired Nagy, whom you are now blaming for this rosters issues, to replace the coach that failed. The coach he picked.

He's already proven he can't right the wrongs at QB....but he should be allowed to right the wrong at HC?

Defend that logic, please.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White.
Robert Quinn.
Bobby Massie.
The offensive line in general.
Matt Nagy - yeah, he hired him

Quite well.
Every GM has misses. He's had a lot more hits than misses, and where he would miss, he's generally recovered from it pretty well, other than QB. Massie hasn't been a net minus for us. Pertaining to Kevin White, I don't really blame Pace for a guy getting hurt three straight seasons when he didn't have any medical red flags going into it. Leonard Floyd didn't live up to his draft position but he also wasn't a total bust either as Vic Fangio liked having him around.

Nagy arguably would have been a nice hire had Trubisky turned out to be good. As i said earlier, I think too much gets made of the coaching staff in QB's development. You can pick nits but Trubisky, at his best, has been a below average QB and no coach in the league is going to magically bestow the ability to read defenses and make progressions upon him. Nagy doesn't get a free pass either but the big problem with this team has been the QB and that's Pace's guy.

Pace's doubling down on the defense in the form of Robert Quinn over addressing the offensive line with only Germain Ifedi is probably going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. If Quinn was a monster then maybe not, or if the offensive line held together then maybe not, but the opposite has been true for both. Quinn's play has been easily replaced or bested by Barkevious Mingo for christ's sake and if the offensive line could've held it together then Foles or Trubisky would be enough to win some games on the back of a great defense. Had that been the case then i'd probably argue for giving Pace another shot to find a QB. As it is, nope. I'm in favor of them cleaning house (up to ownership would be nice), trading all the vets of value (Fuller, Mack, Hicks and Robinson) and tanking for a QB in 2021.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a lot more hits than misses,

I call total bullshit. not counting 2020 draft...I have his successful picks vs. non-successful picks at 13-18. And a couple of his hits no longer player for this team.

Massie is one of the worst pass blocking tackles in football.

Blame whoever you want for White's injuries....he's a bust.
Nagy arguably would have been a nice hire had Trubisky turned out to be good.
My second wife would have been amazing if she wasn't a whore.

Are you fucking retarded? Stop.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace's doubling down on the defense in the form of Robert Quinn over addressing the offensive line with only Germain Ifedi is probably going to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yeah but if Ifedi had turned out to be good......