• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy shit vs Texans

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every Super Bowl winning team with a franchise QB, there is a super bowl winning team with a pedestrian QB.

Not in the past 20 years. The scales tip towards franchise guys. Granted a lot of that is Tom Brady.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Pace but he's also had some tremendous picks especially in the middle of the draft. I don't know what Nagy has done right.
Pace gave up play calling. Perhaps the first thing he has done right. Sadly, he is still setting up the offense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the past 20 years. The scales tip towards franchise guys. Granted a lot of that is Tom Brady.
Well sure, it's not exactly sixes, but there are still a few.(Foles, Peyton Manning was hot garbage when Denver won....Flacco...Eli....)

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, it's not exactly sixes, but there are still a few.(Foles, Peyton Manning was hot garbage when Denver won....Flacco...Eli....)

Peyton doesn't enter that conversation because of who he was. He didn't have his physical talent anymore but he's still the smartest QB the league's ever seen.

Eli was a franchise QB. He started 234 games all for the same franchise. Won 2 SBs.....it doesn't get more franchise than that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton doesn't enter that conversation because of who he was. He didn't have his physical talent anymore but he's still the smartest QB the league's ever seen.

Eli was a franchise QB. He started 234 games all for the same franchise. Won 2 SBs.....it doesn't get more franchise than that.
Broncos won despite Manning tho. Smart or not, he was pretty awful that year.

I mean Cutler started a lot of games for us too? I realize Eli is pushing it, but let's get real here, Eli is lucky to have 2 rings, and if we're being genuine here and sticking within the realm of discussion, NOBODY is gonna say they won cuz of Eli. They won, cuz they had a dominant defense, and a great running game.

You know, the impetus of the entire point.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos win is the same thing. Dominant defense and a good running game.

Both are things Nagy SHOULD HAVE hung his hat on during his time here, IMO, but seemingly did just the opposite with his game plans and playcalling.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos won despite Manning tho. Smart or not, he was pretty awful that year.

Threw two touchdowns in the AFC title game to help get them in the dance. Awful year overall, for sure.
I mean Cutler started a lot of games for us too? I realize Eli is pushing it, but let's get real here, Eli is lucky to have 2 rings, and if we're being genuine here and sticking within the realm of discussion, NOBODY is gonna say they won cuz of Eli. They won, cuz they had a dominant defense, and a great running game.
You want to compare Cutler to Eli?

In the years the Giants won they were the 17th scoring defense versus 14th scoring offense and 25th scoring defense vs 9th scoring offense, respectively. The defense played better in the playoffs both times but in the regular season the offense was better than the defense.

In that second SB season Manning had nearly 5000 yards in the air during the regular season.

Spin it however you want...if you start that many games for a team under center and give them stability at the QB position....you're a franchise QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point, I believe, was for every franchise QB that wins a SB...there's a team winning a SB with a pedestrian QB.

I call bullshit.
No, that was a statement to drive the point.

The point was that there are other ways to get there, and that Nagy sucks copious amounts of dick.

Of course having a franchise QB makes it easier, but we did not have a franchise QB. We had a young, inexperienced, athletic QB. But we did have a great defense, and we SHOULD'VE had a great running game. Instead, Nagy spent a whole season pretending he had Peyton Manning, no running back, and seemingly didn't give a fuck about the dominant D. Then he spent the better part of another season, benching said young QB, cuz he thought Nick Foles was Peyton Manning, and STILL hasn't really figured out that Montgomery IS a franchise back.

The dude is a shit coach, and has wasted a talented team. A team that I believe could've won more games, even with Trubisky, had they had a better coach.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course having a franchise QB makes it easier, but we did not have a franchise QB. We had a young, inexperienced, athletic QB. But we did have a great defense, and we SHOULD'VE had a great running game. Instead, Nagy spent a whole season pretending he had Peyton Manning, no running back, and seemingly didn't give a fuck about the dominant D. Then he spent the better part of another season, benching said young QB, cuz he thought Nick Foles was Peyton Manning, and STILL hasn't really figured out that Montgomery IS a franchise back.

I mean...yes and no.

To have a great running game....you need an offensive line. We haven't had that for the most part. The tackles are embarrassing and they, hopefully, have finally figured out that Whitehair belongs at guard.

Monty is good...he's not an elite every down back. Lacks quickness at times and doesn't see the hole consistently. He can be a very effective in a system. We've seen that. He can catch passes and he can get you some good, tough runs.

But this line struggles in short distance, obvious run plays and is far from being able to produce a great running game.

Everyone, almost everyone, thought benching Trubisky was the right thing to do. That's a tough one to hang on Nagy...it seemed right. Foles, aided by piss poor protection, really failed.

No one has ever thought either QB was Manning or treated them as such. That's meatball hyperbole.

Nagy has failed but this post is way off base on why.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and the ones that make multiple bad picks at the most important position on the field get fired.

Who's arguing he shouldn't be fired? Pace also made some great picks in later rounds. I can't think of a single aspect of this offense Nagy made better.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a single aspect of this offense Nagy made better.

2017...under Fox/Loggains...Bears averaged 16.5 points per game.

2018...under Nagy....26.3. Slipped way down to 17.5 last season and thanks to the recent surge they are over 20 this season.

Not that it's saying much....Nagy is a turd. A complete and total turd.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both should be fired but does anyone really want to shitcan Nagy, keep Pace, and allow this idiot to choose a new HC?

Keep in mind Covid has wrecked things financially and the team still has to pay Nagy....so any HC you sign is gonna be here at least 3 years.

The alternative is fire Pace....get a new GM...let that person decide Nagy's fate.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to hang Fox on Pace because it definitely felt like he was handed Fox...but he chose Nagy.

He's also chosen the QB of this team 3 times and failed each of them.

He's surrendered draft picks multiple times in order to move up and has left this team with holes in critical spots.

There's almost no argument to keep Pace.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...yes and no.

To have a great running game....you need an offensive line. We haven't had that for the most part. The tackles are embarrassing and they, hopefully, have finally figured out that Whitehair belongs at guard.

Monty is good...he's not an elite every down back. Lacks quickness at times and doesn't see the hole consistently. He can be a very effective in a system. We've seen that. He can catch passes and he can get you some good, tough runs.

But this line struggles in short distance, obvious run plays and is far from being able to produce a great running game.

Everyone, almost everyone, thought benching Trubisky was the right thing to do. That's a tough one to hang on Nagy...it seemed right. Foles, aided by piss poor protection, really failed.

No one has ever thought either QB was Manning or treated them as such. That's meatball hyperbole.

Nagy has failed but this post is way off base on why.
Ugh. Ok. He treated them like they were below average qbs, by really focusing on the run game, good defense and solid special teams.:rolleyes2:

2019, Nagy felt he had his guy, and tried to run his full scheme, which is ostensibly a west coast offense. Pocket passer, quick timing routes. It exposed Trubisky. He was not that guy. That doesn't mean he can't play or win, it just means that scheme does not necessarily suit or fit his abilities.

Nagy has never committed to the run, and I call total bullshit on Monty not being an every down back. Total bullshit. He is the fucking epitome of an every down back. And as far as the o-line...in both seasons '19, and '20, the o-line fared fine when focused on running. (end of '19, beginning and end of this season)

If an o-line can't fucking run block, I highly doubt the answer to that is to pass more. Run blocking is much easier than the latter.

Any failures on this team are schematic imo. Plenty of talent on the roster to find success.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree, they both should be fired.

But goddamn do I have this awful feeling that at least one of them stays.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017...under Fox/Loggains...Bears averaged 16.5 points per game.

2018...under Nagy....26.3. Slipped way down to 17.5 last season and thanks to the recent surge they are over 20 this season.

Not that it's saying much....Nagy is a turd. A complete and total turd.

So Nagy was better than Fox his first year...? That is your argument? Nagy hasn't gotten better since he's been here. The team hasn't gotten better offensively since the inheritance. And i'm sure it's not as simple as looking at points per game and letting it be the deciding factor. I'm just going to guess, Nagy had more to work with than Fox did in 2017, probably benefitted from a healthier team, he probably also oh i don't know, had more offensive signings that year...just off the top of my head. And please, by no means am i defending Fox.

Pace will forever be the guy that moved up one spot to take Trubisky over Mahomes. For as bad of a miss that was, Pace has hit some dingers as well. Nagy has hit none. This offense has gotten progressively worse, Trubisky has gotten worse, Nagy also made questionable game time decisions multiple times (not running out the clock).

If i had to choose one, i fire Nagy first.