• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy shit vs Texans

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet Nagy is more likely to get fired than Pace. But I haven't kept up with any news regarding this.
Is it not Pace that decided to take Turdinsky over Watson and Mahomes??

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not Pace that decided to take Turdinsky over Watson and Mahomes??

No one is defending Pace. But between the two I'd fire Nagy first.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a loooooooooooong time since I've been able to give out game balls, being I only give them when we win.

Do you think they had the dub club party after this win too?

"be you" and this club dub thing just makes me cringe. Fire Nagy now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they had the dub club party after this win too?

"be you" and this club dub thing just makes me cringe. Fire Nagy now.
Kinda makes me cringe too. My game balls do not include any club dubbing and disco lights. I merely gave them out to those deserving of special recognition for exceptional play today. The entire team played outstanding, so let's just say those 6 were first amongst equals.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is enough for that relic McCaskey to resign Trubustky

Sincerely,
Wisconsin

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic Bears. Suck hard until you're all but out of the playoffs then start playing some decent football.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet Nagy is more likely to get fired than Pace. But I haven't kept up with any news regarding this.

The roster...and its flaws...belong to Pace.

I’m for a clean slate across the board. But if it’s a choice between Pace and Nagy this off-season....the smart choice is firing Pace.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize Houston's Defense is awful, but that is what you are SUPPOSED to do to a terrible Defense.

Say what you will about Trubisky, but Nagy and the Bears are to blame for his lack of development. Nagy has refused to coach to his team, instead, just coaching to his system.

Rumors afloat that Nagy stays. I am fucking done with the guy, personally. Have been for awhile. If he'd just stay out of his own way, he'd be alright, as the players seemingly like him, but waaaaay too often do I leave a game feeling he sucked the life out of the team.

It really feels like he spent the last 2 years trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. For his tenure, it has always felt like talent was secondary to belief in his scheme. Way too often, has obvious talent been sitting on the sideline watching the game. Montgomery is a perfect example of this. Kid is a special talent, and far too often seems like he's just there for looks, with no real intent to center anything around him. Kid should be a 130 yfs kinda guy, every week, but that doesn't adhere to Nagy's stupid scheme. Dude has tunnel vision on it, and forgets about team and player strengths.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize Houston's Defense is awful, but that is what you are SUPPOSED to do to a terrible Defense.

Say what you will about Trubisky, but Nagy and the Bears are to blame for his lack of development. Nagy has refused to coach to his team, instead, just coaching to his system.

Rumors afloat that Nagy stays. I am fucking done with the guy, personally. Have been for awhile. If he'd just stay out of his own way, he'd be alright, as the players seemingly like him, but waaaaay too often do I leave a game feeling he sucked the life out of the team.

It really feels like he spent the last 2 years trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. For his tenure, it has always felt like talent was secondary to belief in his scheme. Way too often, has obvious talent been sitting on the sideline watching the game. Montgomery is a perfect example of this. Kid is a special talent, and far too often seems like he's just there for looks, with no real intent to center anything around him. Kid should be a 130 yfs kinda guy, every week, but that doesn't adhere to Nagy's stupid scheme. Dude has tunnel vision on it, and forgets about team and player strengths.

My gut opinion: Nagy is a "call the play based on the defense presented" guy. He actually lets DC's dictate his playcalls. And because of that, our best actual player options don't get to shine because of course the opposing DC's are actively attempting to limit them (Robinson/Montgomery). It's a terrible approach. Management probably loves it though, because no 1500 yard rusher = no big dollar payday. If I was conspiratorial, I would go down that road...but it will only lead me to further anger beyond what these past 2 seasons have already provided.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nagy talked about calling the offense to the personnel but it didn't seem like he ever really did. He didn't have a ton of talent but still: that doesn't explain ridiculous play calls and his teams being woefully outplayed in the 3rd quarter when the good coaches make the necessary adjustments. You can see it in how well we've done in the 4th quarter when Nagy is forced to throw out his playbook: we always seems to move the ball better and the offense runs smoother. WTF Nagy take a hint and make the normal offense more like that.

I think too much is made about developing quarterbacks, to say that a team screwed up with a guy or not. I don't see much else that the Bears could've realistically done with Trubisky. 2018 was the year but he didn't really take that big of a step and the offense lived on being brand new so defenses didn't have the full book on them. 2019, the O line sucked by Trubisky took a step backward and it's not like he wasn't given every chance possible. Were he going to develop then he would have. I think it's about as simple as saying that he doesn't have the mental aspect to be able to process everything that's going on at the speed of the NFL game. That doesn't mean he's stupid; it seems to be a skill as much as it is being able to throw with accuracy is. Good guy, will be a really good backup QB to have, just go down as another Bears QB bust.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky kicks Watson's ass! Now you know why management went with Trubisky

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy talked about calling the offense to the personnel but it didn't seem like he ever really did. He didn't have a ton of talent but still: that doesn't explain ridiculous play calls and his teams being woefully outplayed in the 3rd quarter when the good coaches make the necessary adjustments. You can see it in how well we've done in the 4th quarter when Nagy is forced to throw out his playbook: we always seems to move the ball better and the offense runs smoother. WTF Nagy take a hint and make the normal offense more like that.

I think too much is made about developing quarterbacks, to say that a team screwed up with a guy or not. I don't see much else that the Bears could've realistically done with Trubisky. 2018 was the year but he didn't really take that big of a step and the offense lived on being brand new so defenses didn't have the full book on them. 2019, the O line sucked by Trubisky took a step backward and it's not like he wasn't given every chance possible. Were he going to develop then he would have. I think it's about as simple as saying that he doesn't have the mental aspect to be able to process everything that's going on at the speed of the NFL game. That doesn't mean he's stupid; it seems to be a skill as much as it is being able to throw with accuracy is. Good guy, will be a really good backup QB to have, just go down as another Bears QB bust.

I don't see it that way at all. I see a coach that failed his QB by being a stubborn asshole. He took a step back in '19, because his coach tried to make him be Peyton Manning. He wanted to make him a pocket passer with quick read ability, overnight, and run his Frankenstein scheme. All while having a great D and an excellent rookie back sitting there, that didn't get near enough focus, and who even now is just barely broaching the stubborn frontal lobe of Nagy.

I hate to be an apologist for Trubisky, but I swear to all fuck, if the Bears had drafted Mahommes, we would've ruined him too.

It's really what we do best. :pout:

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way at all. I see a coach that failed his QB by being a stubborn asshole. He took a step back in '19, because his coach tried to make him be Peyton Manning. He wanted to make him a pocket passer with quick read ability, overnight, and run his Frankenstein scheme. All while having a great D and an excellent rookie back sitting there, that didn't get near enough focus, and who even now is just barely broaching the stubborn frontal lobe of Nagy.

I hate to be an apologist for Trubisky, but I swear to all fuck, if the Bears had drafted Mahommes, we would've ruined him too.

It's really what we do best. :pout:
I mean that's fine but even if Nagy did what he should do with Trubisky, you still don't have a quality QB on your hands. Trubisky at his best is still a bottom tier starting QB who can only put numbers up against terrible defenses. So whether Nagy does the right thing with him last year or even this year it still doesn't matter much: he's not a QB you can build a team around and that is going to be the case with almost any coach/GM in place.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is defending Pace. But between the two I'd fire Nagy first.
I'm curious to see how this season plays out. Nagy as a play caller, no doubt, bad. Fire him bad. However, Nagy as a head coach, not calling plays, could be ok. Not forgiving him per se for the last three seasons of play calling, one of which led to a play off birth. Let's see how this all ends.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy lost the team, he is done after this year. Pace may stay 50/50 there. IMO.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy lost the team, he is done after this year. Pace may stay 50/50 there. IMO.
You look at the guys Pace brought in from the draft and it's impressive. Johnson, Kmet and Mooney all look like real ballers from this draft alone. Montgomery is awfully good. Whitehair, Daniels and Mustipher might have futures here on the interior line. Defensively it's significantly better with guys like Goldman, Nichols, RRH, Smith, Kwiatkowski, Amos, Eddie Jackson and others. He's hit on some trades and free agents as well like Robinson, Mack, Hicks, Trevathan, Amukamara, Patterson and others. He's got some big misses though like Trubisky, Kevin White and Floyd.

If anything is going to sink him it's Trubisky + this offseason. The O line was terrible this year and he largely ignored it in favor of spending big money on Robert Quinn who's been maybe as good as Mario Edwards and Barkevious Mingo. Foles didn't do anything to help the situation more than Trubisky other than the Atlanta game, and of course, Pace hired Nagy who's been terrible outside of 2018 (when he had Fangio heading the defense).

I'd hate to lose Pace the talent evaluator but I'd like to get a guy in who's better at executive decision making.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's fine but even if Nagy did what he should do with Trubisky, you still don't have a quality QB on your hands. Trubisky at his best is still a bottom tier starting QB who can only put numbers up against terrible defenses. So whether Nagy does the right thing with him last year or even this year it still doesn't matter much: he's not a QB you can build a team around and that is going to be the case with almost any coach/GM in place.
For every Super Bowl winning team with a franchise QB, there is a super bowl winning team with a pedestrian QB.

It's the consummate team game. Sure, it helps to have a Mahommes or Rodgers, but there are other ways to get there. We have never needed Mitch to put up big numbers. Had Nagy relied on the talent he had, and built his team, like say...Tennessee??? This team would've won games and been in meaningful games.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Pace but he's also had some tremendous picks especially in the middle of the draft. I don't know what Nagy has done right.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Pace but he's also had some tremendous picks especially in the middle of the draft. I don't know what Nagy has done right.

Signed Glennon. Traded up for Trubisky. Traded for Foles.

Oh and hired Nagy.