• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Highest rated QB in preseason

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed by Hundley against the Eagles. Definitely looks better than I expected.
I was hoping the Cowboys would draft him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints defensive starters are horrible... The third stringers :L.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy completed 76% of passes to bums and 3rd stringers.

While Brady threw horrid INTs on his way to a negative QBR (didn't even know that was possible). I remember you blamed the line and there were two other excuses. I think one of them was "Roger Goodell!"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers use the west coast offense just like many other teams do. To say the system is responsible is just complete horseshit but then you are full of it.
Yea, it has nothing to do with it. :L

You just said the packers struck gold again with Hundley after 4 preseason games. You are less than smart.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, point is he dropped for a reason, just like barkley, just like landry jones

Fair enough, but he was never in any real or legit conversation far as being a 1st rd draft pk either. I think a lotta people viewed Hundley like I did. More runner than passer who's game wouldn't transition well from college to pro.

Hundley does have something that Barkley, Jones, Lienart, and others lack. He can make all the necessary throws to be a pro quarterback.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but he was never in any real or legit conversation far as being a 1st rd draft pk either. I think a lotta people viewed Hundley like I did. More runner than passer who's game wouldn't transition well from college to pro.

Hundley does have something that Barkley, Jones, Leinart, and others lack. He can make all the necessary throws to be a pro quarterback.

Reactions: GNG

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers system is the gold. Matt Flynn looked like Aaron Rodgers in that offense. Now he can't even find a job.
If it were this easy, teams wouldnt be blowing #1 picks or $20M a year on QBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hundley does have something that Barkley, Jones, Lienart, and others lack. He can make all the necessary throws to be a pro quarterback.

Lots of QBs "can" make all the necessary throws. Kaepernick "can" make all those throws (he doesn't).

The rare trait that makes good QBs is their abilities to know & see what's happening and respond instantly. Hundley doesn't have that. He sucks. There's a reason he was taken in the 5th round (I was saying he sucked when people had him going in the 2nd).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it has nothing to do with it. :L

You just said the packers struck gold again with Hundley after 4 preseason games. You are less than smart.
The guy had the highest QB rating of all QB's in the preseason but you seem to think it's just because of the system. You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed but you probably already realize that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were this easy, teams wouldnt be blowing #1 picks or $20M a year on QBs.
I never said it was easy. My point was that McCarty's offensive scheme is probably the best in the league. A very QB friendly system that accurate QB's can flourish in.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was easy. My point was that McCarty's offensive scheme is probably the best in the league. A very QB friendly system that accurate QB's can flourish in.
So in your mind easier to find the talent than it is to replicate the system?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy had the highest QB rating of all QB's in the preseason but you seem to think it's just because of the system. You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed but you probably already realize that.

All I said was McCarthys system is gold. Do you disagree with that? I never said it was the only reason for Hundley's good play.

You said the Packers struck gold with Hundley based on 4 preseason games against inferior competition.

Should we have a poll asking who's statement is more asinine?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your mind easier to find the talent than it is to replicate the system?
There are no absolutes in football. But in some cases yes. Obviously you have to have talent and I would say most of the players drafted in the first 4 rounds have NFL talent. When you combine that with a great system and great coaching/play calling, you will get great results.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get me to say. I think McCarthy system is gold. Do you disagree with that?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get me to say. I think McCarthy system is gold. Do you disagree with that?
It seems you are dismissing the talent for the system in the case of GB. I think it's much easier to duplicate GB's offensive system (which is not unique in the NFL) than it would be to find another guy as good as Aaron Rodgers.

I am not asking you to speak in absolutes. Just asking for an opinion.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's much easier to duplicate GB's offensive system (which is not unique in the NFL) than it would be to find another guy as good as Aaron Rodgers.
:agree:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was McCarthys system is gold. Do you disagree with that? I never said it was the only reason for Hundley's good play.

You said the Packers struck gold with Hundley based on 4 preseason games against inferior competition.

Should we have a poll asking who's statement is more asinine?

His system wasn't gold until he got to GB. Maybe, just maybe Favre and Rodgers makes his system gold.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's not Green Bay's system. Yes, Flynn looked good in a few games in that system, but Flynn, Tolzien & Wallace combined for almost as many pass attempts as Rodgers in 2013, and their passer ratings were 86.1, 66.8 and 64.4 respectively.

Meanwhile, Rodgers' passer rating was 104.9. All that said...

Hundley suuuuuuuucks. He may look like Matt Cassell circa 2008 at some point playing in Green Bay, but he'll eventually look like Matt Cassell circa 2014. He no good.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems you are dismissing the talent for the system in the case of GB. I think it's much easier to duplicate GB's offensive system (which is not unique in the NFL) than it would be to find another guy as good as Aaron Rodgers.

I am not asking you to speak in absolutes. Just asking for an opinion.
I agree it would be easier to duplicate the system as opposed to finding someone as good as Aaron Rodgers considering he is arguably the best player in the NFL.

To say that other teams run the same offense is not true. The WCO is more of a philosophy. The system itself is created by the coach using the WCO philosophy but the actual plays are different. In addition, McCarthy is a great play caller. This season will be interesting because he is actually handing over the play calling to the OC.

BTW - I never dismissed talent at all. All I said was GB's system is gold and used Matt Flynn putting up record numbers as an example. Obviously better talent is going to generate better results. But a good offensive system and good play calling can make up for some deficiencies.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His system wasn't gold until he got to GB. Maybe, just maybe Favre and Rodgers makes his system gold.
This is a stupid post.

First of all, you are implying that I said Favre and Rodgers had nothing to do with his success which is just made up horseshit.

Second, He became a HC for the first time when he came to Green Bay. Therefore he had total control of the entire offense with no restrictions for the first time in his career. Also, when he was the OC in New Orleans he was considered one of the best OC's in the league. That's how he got the GB job to begin with.