• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Highest rated QB in preseason

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stupid post.

First of all, you are implying that I said Favre and Rodgers had nothing to do with his success which is just made up horseshit.

Second, He became a HC for the first time when he came to Green Bay. Therefore he had total control of the entire offense with no restrictions for the first time in his career. Also, when he was the OC in New Orleans he was considered one of the best OC's in the league. That's how he got the GB job to begin with.

No stupid is you not understanding his offense is a little better than average without Favre and Rodgers. It is you who claimed his offense is Gold hinting that if Rodgers wasn't his QB, GB's offense would just keep humming along.

DROPPING the MIKE.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stupid post.

First of all, you are implying that I said Favre and Rodgers had nothing to do with his success which is just made up horseshit.

Second, He became a HC for the first time when he came to Green Bay. Therefore he had total control of the entire offense with no restrictions for the first time in his career. Also, when he was the OC in New Orleans he was considered one of the best OC's in the league. That's how he got the GB job to begin with.

No stupid is you not understanding his offense is a little better than average without Favre and Rodgers. It is you who claimed his offense is Gold hinting that if Rodgers wasn't his QB, GB's offense would just keep humming along.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DROPPING the MIKE.

Really? :L

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you posted the same thing twice but on this one you decided to drop the idiotic finale.

Regardless, you are wrong. This is not what I implied. If you can't comprehend my original post about the matter, that's on you.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you posted the same thing twice but on this one you decided to drop the idiotic finale.

Regardless, you are wrong. This is not what I implied. If you can't comprehend my original post about the matter, that's on you.

Well I posted it with the mike statement, it got caught somewhere in Internet purgatory, saw it was still waiting to be posted but the whole message wasn't there.

By the way you are wrong about his offense being gold regardless if I drop the mike or not.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was hoping the Cowboys would draft him.

Hey G&G, you do realize that being a Cowboys' fan doesn't legally require you to root for Troy Aikman's alma mater right?

I was extremely relieved when I first found out I didn't have t root for sucktastic Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen or Brandon Doman from BYU (after the Niners gave up on him). :D

Reactions: GNG

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB might just end up being one of the great places Hundley could've winded up. Sit and learn behind Rodgers for a few seasons and he could ready to be a legit NFL QB.

^^^^^^
This

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge Hundley fan... I think he'll end up having a better career than either Winston/Mariota or both... He's on the perfect team in the right system... At least he has a good OL... His OL at UCLA was atrocious...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of QBs "can" make all the necessary throws. Kaepernick "can" make all those throws (he doesn't).

The rare trait that makes good QBs is their abilities to know & see what's happening and respond instantly. Hundley doesn't have that. He sucks. There's a reason he was taken in the 5th round (I was saying he sucked when people had him going in the 2nd).
Hundley can and does make all the throws and the kid is very instinctive. Kaepernick has a canon arm but a pea brain and is overrated as a starting QB.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Green Bay's system. Yes, Flynn looked good in a few games in that system, but Flynn, Tolzien & Wallace combined for almost as many pass attempts as Rodgers in 2013, and their passer ratings were 86.1, 66.8 and 64.4 respectively.

Meanwhile, Rodgers' passer rating was 104.9. All that said...

Hundley suuuuuuuucks. He may look like Matt Cassell circa 2008 at some point playing in Green Bay, but he'll eventually look like Matt Cassell circa 2014. He no good.

I suppose Flynn being out of the system for a couple of years made no difference, or that Tolzein and Wallace had mere weeks or months to learn the system made no difference?

Look, I'm not stamping Hundley's ticket to Canton or even the Pro Bowl, but I'd like to know WHY you think he sucks, rather than you just spouting off that he does. Even in his start against the Eagles, he was poised, made good decisions, was accurate and showed his leadership ability. Sure is was preseason, but it still showed what he was capable of in the NFL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I suppose Flynn being out of the system for a couple of years made no difference, or that Tolzein and Wallace had mere weeks or months to learn the system made no difference?

No. Those things are not significant next to the fact that all of those QBs suck.

I'd like to know WHY you think he sucks, rather than you just spouting off that he does.

He has Jamarcus Russell written all over him (another QB I said sucked when he was drafted). He does not make quick, fluid decisions & get rid of the ball quickly. He's slow & mechanical compared to starting QBs in the NFL. It's an extremely high bar to which few QBs can live up, and I don't think Hundley is one of those few.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Green Bay doesn't end up trying to trade Hundley, how many years would he have to "sit and learn" before he got a chance to start? Probably 5-7 years. When the Packers drafted Rodgers in 2005, Favre was already 35. Right now, Rodgers is only 31.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therefore, if Hundley kept tearing it up in the preseason, eventually he would ask for a trade.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I posted it with the mike statement, it got caught somewhere in Internet purgatory, saw it was still waiting to be posted but the whole message wasn't there.

By the way you are wrong about his offense being gold regardless if I drop the mike or not.
We agree to disagree.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of QBs "can" make all the necessary throws. Kaepernick "can" make all those throws (he doesn't).

True, Let me specify a little deeper. Hundley can make all the throws and can employ touch on his passes.

The rare trait that makes good QBs is their abilities to know & see what's happening and respond instantly. Hundley doesn't have that. He sucks. There's a reason he was taken in the 5th round (I was saying he sucked when people had him going in the 2nd).

That''s the reason I brought up the coaching Hundley received in college and the coaching he's receiving now. I'd hazard a guess that he's being coached like a QB who's first responsibility is to read his pre-snap keys and go through his progressions accordingly on pass plays. I'm not positive that was the case at UCLA as I think he was coached more like an athlete or a QB who always had a green light to take off on just about any given play.

Whatever the case may be. I watched two of the so-called potential high end first round draft picks at the QB position for next year this weekend. The kid from Penn St.....he was terrible......the kid from OSU........he was OK at times. I personally don't want the NFL turning to college ball with a gang of option QBs So I'm kinda vested in hoping this incoming group of youngsters, Mariotta, Jamison, Hundley etc, as well as some youngsters who've been in the NFL for a couple years, Glennon, Cousins, (please oh please oh please, Lord. Let Cousins work out for the Skins) transition into legit pro-type QBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
True, Let me specify a little deeper. Hundley can make all the throws and can employ touch on his passes.

That''s the reason I brought up the coaching Hundley received in college and the coaching he's receiving now. I'd hazard a guess that he's being coached like a QB who's first responsibility is to read his pre-snap keys and go through his progressions accordingly on pass plays. I'm not positive that was the case at UCLA as I think he was coached more like an athlete or a QB who always had a green light to take off on just about any given play.

Whatever the case may be. I watched two of the so-called potential high end first round draft picks at the QB position for next year this weekend. The kid from Penn St.....he was terrible......the kid from OSU........he was OK at times. I personally don't want the NFL turning to college ball with a gang of option QBs So I'm kinda vested in hoping this incoming group of youngsters, Mariotta, Jamison, Hundley etc, as well as some youngsters who've been in the NFL for a couple years, Glennon, Cousins, (please oh please oh please, Lord. Let Cousins work out for the Skins) transition into legit pro-type QBs.

You may be right that Hundley had bad coaching at UCLA, but I doubt it. Professional QB coaches know what they're doing. Some are better than others, but I'm sure they tried to get him to make quick decisions. My problem with Hundley is just how he moves; it's not quick & graceful.

An you're right that Hackenberg is not a good QB right now; but he's 20 years old. I'm going to wait & see with him. I'm not a fan of Cardale Jones either. I'm a huge Connor Cook fan, and I like Jared Goff (if his arm gets a little stronger).

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be cautious about calling him gold just yet. He made these numbers against players that are most likely not on any team's roster any more. Let's wait to see if he can take the second string position sometime in the next year before we go making wild predictions one way or the other.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be cautious about calling him gold just yet. He made these numbers against players that are most likely not on any team's roster any more. Let's wait to see if he can take the second string position sometime in the next year before we go making wild predictions one way or the other.
Exactly. Saying they struck gold at this point is ridiculous.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers system is the gold. Matt Flynn looked like Aaron Rodgers in that offense. Now he can't even find a job.
I'm not sure if the system is the gold, but Rodger's makes the system golden.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the system is the gold, but Rodger's makes the system golden.
When you combine the two you get one of the best teams in the NFL. McCarthy is known for developing QBs. He deserves some of the credit for Rodgers development and success. His version of the WCO a great system especially when you have a smart QB that can go through his progressions quickly.

My point was don't call Hundley gold based on 4 preseason games against 3rd stringers. He may turn out to be a great QB. But I think saying the Packers struck gold at this point is silly.