• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heyman: Rob Manfred Will ‘Seriously Consider’ Reinstating Pete Rose

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to get off their "holier than thou" pedistol. He's one of the greatest ever to play the game. Stop looking stupid and get him in the hall.

It's embarrasing to the game of baseball, he's practically the Dirk Diggler of baseball.....

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose got what he deserved and agreed to. His punishment seems to have been a solid deterrent to others. When you break the "Golden Rule" of baseball, you get to reap what you sow. No Hall for Pete.

WTF are you talking about, Golden Rule of baseball?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose got what he deserved and agreed to. His punishment seems to have been a solid deterrent to others. When you break the "Golden Rule" of baseball, you get to reap what you sow. No Hall for Pete.

Yep. I am a man who believes in consequences. Pete Rose was well aware of what the consequences of gambling on baseball were and he chose to gamble on baseball. I don't believe in preferential treatment, so just because he was a great player and a hell of a compiler, I don't think that means he should be beyond reproach.

He knew what would happen if he got caught, he gambled anyway, got caught, and now he should take his punishment and shut the fuck up about it. It's ironic that he was known for his gritty style of play is now known for being a whiney bitch when it's time to pay the piper.

Last edited:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I am a man who believes in consequences. Pete Rose was well aware of what the consequences of gambling on baseball and he chose to gamble on baseball. I don't believe in preferential treatment, so just because he was a great player and a hell of a compiler, I don't think that means he should be beyond reproach.

He knew what would happen if he got caught, he gambled anyway, got caught, and now he should take his punishment and shut the fuck up about it. It's ironic that was known for his gritty style of play is now known for being a whiney bitch when it's time to pay the piper.

Penalty doesn't fit the crime. The piper has been paid

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. I was thinking the exact same thing. Well, actually I was thinking 13, but it's all the same.

Sadly, it is a sign of the times that so many folks will excuse poor or even criminal behavior by pointing out that others did it too and didn't get caught or it wasn't as bad as what so and so did etc.

Rose accepted his ban in exchange for the burial of the most damning evidence against him. In my opinion Bart Giamatti and Faye Vincent were far too kind to him and should have finished the investigation and buried what was left of this POS' reputation for good.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, it is a sign of the times that so many folks will excuse poor or even criminal behavior by pointing out that others did it too and didn't get caught or it wasn't as bad as what so and so did etc.

100% agree.

I ran into the dean of students from the school that I went to from K-8 a few months ago. I never did anything really wrong, but I was constantly up to mischief. He said the main thing he remembered about me was that if I was caught, I was caught. I'd never try to lie my way out, never say so and so did this or that, never said it was someone else's idea - you got me, what's the punishment. As strange as it may sound, it meant a lot to me that that is how he remembered me.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about, Golden Rule of baseball?

Seriously?
th

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll back out of this thread and let you two finish jerking each other off

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll back out of this thread and let you two finish jerking each other off

That's a good plan there, sparky. If and when you decide to come back, make sure to bring your water wings.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rose accepted his ban in exchange for the burial of the most damning evidence against him. In my opinion Bart Giamatti and Faye Vincent were far too kind to him and should have finished the investigation and buried what was left of this POS' reputation for good.
You have to think that Manfred will (probably already has) discuss the situation with Vincent and Selig before he acts.

Manfred has made a lot of big statements since taking the office...

1) He will "ban" the defensive shift
2) He will implement the DH in the NL
3) He will reinstate Rose

Basically, all he has REALLY said is that he is willing to consider these things. Personally, I think it is mostly bluster and nothing will come of any of these things.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think that Manfred will (probably already has) discuss the situation with Vincent and Selig before he acts.

Basically, all he has REALLY said is that he is willing to consider these things. Personally, I think it is mostly bluster and nothing will come of any of these things.

I hope you're right on the bolded.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard some crap about banning the defensive shift. What kind of shit is that? Would they make players stand on specific spots? Fucking stupid, just like Dhoey.