• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a good note those Texas uniforms were looking good

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sugar Bowl vs Alabama, year before last?

And maybe the Bedlam game to keep their rival from winning the conference to get there the game before?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Bob Stoops. How long since Oklahoma has won a big game? What a joke.
More recently than the faggot lizards.

FACT.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that CMU game, thank God we have a soft conference opener.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a frosh and a sophomore starting on the oline. You really think there is that big of a difference than two true freshmen, both who were top recruits in the country? Put that aside, do you think this team would have fared any better vs. Akron after that shit show we saw last night? We'll see this Saturday I guess..

I do. Redshirt Soph has 2 more years of working out aND training. It's a huge difference. Malik Jefferson added 20 LBs sine enrolling early. True freshmen rarely start Ina healthy program. It's even more rare when one is 17 and didn't enroll early

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Redshirt Soph has 2 more years of working out aND training. It's a huge difference. Malik Jefferson added 20 LBs sine enrolling early. True freshmen rarely start Ina healthy program. It's even more rare when one is 17 and didn't enroll early
:think:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True freshmen rarely start Ina healthy program. It's even more rare when one is 17 and didn't enroll early
This is absolutely true. At 17, the kid is still growing, let alone experienced in the game at the college speed. No one can win a championship with such a huge lack of experience on the offensive line. Not only does the kid create a weak spot in the line, the other linemen have to help out which makes them less effective as well.

I fully expect Texas to beat Rice. And I also expect them to beat Cal, although they will have to find a way to get pressure on Goff. But having both of those games in Austin will help a lot.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here's what you're missing - despite those teams being currently top 10, neither of them has been recruiting the big-time blue chip guys. Go back and look at their recruiting rankings. That isn't an excuse.
You seemed to have forgotten aTm. Between the 3 last year 20 "blue chips".

You claim excuse. I claim reason. More schools including OSU go for kids in Texas. All SEC, ACC, B12, and so on. Texas was not winning the last couple years of Mack. Kids want to go to a school that is winning, competes for ships, and can get them to the NFL. The Longhorns had no picks in the 2014 draft.

People are looking at 13 damn games for a team that lost talent due to a purge and a coach that did not have his class his first NSD. If next season they are 7-5 then start the yapping. Until then I would leave it be and see what he does instead of indicting him after 13 games!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seemed to have forgotten aTm. Between the 3 last year 20 "blue chips".

You claim excuse. I claim reason. More schools including OSU go for kids in Texas. All SEC, ACC, B12, and so on. Texas was not winning the last couple years of Mack. Kids want to go to a school that is winning, competes for ships, and can get them to the NFL. The Longhorns had no picks in the 2014 draft.

People are looking at 13 damn games for a team that lost talent due to a purge and a coach that did not have his class his first NSD. If next season they are 7-5 then start the yapping. Until then I would leave it be and see what he does instead of indicting him after 13 games!
I'm not saying fire him. In fact, I'm saying he's still going to be the coach in 2016 assuming they don't entirely bottom out this year.

However, I'm trying to point out that he's overrated as a coach and is doing a very poor job. Between 2012-2014, Texas brought in 38 recruits rated 4* or higher. I know he had a purge, but still! How can you take a team with that much talent and go 6-8 through 14 games with 6 - SIX! - losses by 20+ points? Almost half of his games, with that much talent, have resulted in a 20+ point loss with 3 of those coming at home. That's not something you see the elite, or even the great, coaches in the nation do.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying fire him. In fact, I'm saying he's still going to be the coach in 2016 assuming they don't entirely bottom out this year.

However, I'm trying to point out that he's overrated as a coach and is doing a very poor job. Between 2012-2014, Texas brought in 38 recruits rated 4* or higher. I know he had a purge, but still! How can you take a team with that much talent and go 6-8 through 14 games with 6 - SIX! - losses by 20+ points? Almost half of his games, with that much talent, have resulted in a 20+ point loss with 3 of those coming at home. That's not something you see the elite, or even the great, coaches in the nation do.

Go look at the OL recruiting and what remains.. You are using outdated information and pretending to be knowledgeable on the topic. I hate when people blindly using recruiting rankings and ignore things like distribution of scholarships.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Texas faithful are saying that Strong needs 5 years, and that he shouldn't be judged until every last player on the team is his.
His team took a dump last night...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr7KweU7ogtC2Cgs3wxXnonFXKOgxEHZ1uiABanEHc1aCFk8GRYA.jpg

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas had ONE good play on offense all night.

Zaire looks awesome. And like I said in the off season it was a joke Will Fuller wasn't on ESPN's top 100 players in the country. 140 yards receiving w/ two TD's. Dude is a beast.
Why make room for Will Fuller when you can list 85 Buckeyes, a couple SEC defensive players, and Trevone Boykin? That would require actual research by ESPNis

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make room for Will Fuller when you can list 85 Buckeyes, a couple SEC defensive players, and Trevone Boykin? That would require actual research by ESPNis
Or more to the point, why would ESPN go out of their way to market an NBC product?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only real positive I saw from last night?

I think we have found a decent punter.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at the OL recruiting and what remains..

Texas has had a 10+ year decline in offensive line recruiting even when winning 10 games.
Each year under mack it seemingly got worse and worse heading to critical mass.

Strong immediately made a problem into a full blown crisis with his value demands.
Texas lost 5 offensive linemen from the team in year one from purges and philosophical diffrences.

I would love to have Estelle Kennedy, Desmond Harrison, Darius James, Rami Hammad, and Dominic Espinosa (injury) on the team. Having all that talent on the line instead of 18 year olds would make a huge diffrence.

Maybe another coach looked the other way....maybe some of those guys would be still here.
Maybe a shadier coach would see W-L as more important than character.

But Charlie Strong is a value guy. He believes in a strong moral code.
I hope he gets a chance to show it can work.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at the OL recruiting and what remains.. You are using outdated information and pretending to be knowledgeable on the topic. I hate when people blindly using recruiting rankings and ignore things like distribution of scholarships.
There's nothing outdated about what I said at all. It's entirely factual. I'm as knowledgeable as anyone who can look at a recruiting ranking site.

It isn't as if Strong has been left with 5 freshmen walk-ons from frat row starting on his offensive line. He does have two freshmen, I'll give him that. He also has 2 seniors and a junior, and three of his starting five linemen were blue chippers. Face it - the guy has been a failure up to this point. He made his point about getting rid of guys last season, but what's his excuse for this offseason?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as though only Texas fans can hate on Charlie.
Others aren't allowed