• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like OU played a cupcake and Texas played a top 10 team. OU isn't starting true freshmen. They are starting grown ass men that waited their turn, because OU had a quality OL. That is much different, than starting true freshmen

We're starting one redshirt freshman. But your point is valid. That's why I kept telling people crowing about how we had to replace 3/5 of our line not to get too tied up in that. Bedenbaugh is a great coach and most of them have been just waiting their turn.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong UT = Fran A&M

Hope it gets better but it don't look like it right now.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're starting one redshirt freshman. But your point is valid. That's why I kept telling people crowing about how we had to replace 3/5 of our line not to get too tied up in that. Bedenbaugh is a great coach and most of them have been just waiting their turn.

And yet people in this thread are saying Texas has enough talent. They started a 17 year old kid last night.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as shocked as I am that a program like Nebraska has not had a quarterback in about 7 years, I'm even more shocked a program like Texas hasn't had a quarterback in 7 years.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny watching you Huskers kick Texas when they're down. You're supposed to be the greatest fan base with the most sportsmanship, but you're really a bunch of hateful, grudge holding jerks.

there was zero good to see for Texas fans last night, absolutely terrible. Go ahead and kick us when we're down, it's okay. We can take it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like OU played a cupcake and Texas played a top 10 team. OU isn't starting true freshmen. They are starting grown ass men that waited their turn, because OU had a quality OL. That is much different, than starting true freshmen

They had a frosh and a sophomore starting on the oline. You really think there is that big of a difference than two true freshmen, both who were top recruits in the country? Put that aside, do you think this team would have fared any better vs. Akron after that shit show we saw last night? We'll see this Saturday I guess..

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet people in this thread are saying Texas has enough talent. They started a 17 year old kid last night.

Did those people that say Texas has enough talent watch that game?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong is still cleaning house at Texas, trying to make the program what he wants it to be. He needs at least 1 to 2 more years to validate his success or failure.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a phone call late last night from one of my Longhorn buddies. I wanted to talk about how OU seemed to have some spark after we got over the jitters but he was so despondent I just shut up and listened. He's put some long dollars into the Horns football program over the years and is as well connected as anyone. He was beside himself that the Texas players did not look "COACHED". They just seemed to be going through the motions of playing college football against one of the premier programs in the country. This was an opportunity for Texas to lose tough, show heart, maybe even put a scare into the Irish before succumbing to the inevitable. He claims Strong is getting bad reviews from a lot of donors about his focus lack of progress. He swears if Strong doesn't make a bowl game this year he will be gone. Got a text from him this morning when he was getting ready to get on his plane and fly back to Dallas. Same thing: said other alums are not happy with what they are seeing. They need to see something and "real damn quick". He swears if OU does another 60-10 on them this year Strong won't survive it. And he says Steve Patterson will be in a U-Haul right behind him. Damn. I actually believe the UT donors are pissed enough to give Strong a quick hook.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know those were last yrs team guys. My point still stands. PSU and UM are not poaching the top recruits from OSU and we both know that. TX has to fight two top 10 teams and an SEC school for in state recruits. Let alone all the other schools that go intk TX and take guys that TX used to be able to get. It just wasn't a fair comparison IMO.
But here's what you're missing - despite those teams being currently top 10, neither of them has been recruiting the big-time blue chip guys. Go back and look at their recruiting rankings. That isn't an excuse.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a phone call late last night from one of my Longhorn buddies. I wanted to talk about how OU seemed to have some spark after we got over the jitters but he was so despondent I just shut up and listened. He's put some long dollars into the Horns football program over the years and is as well connected as anyone. He was beside himself that the Texas players did not look "COACHED". They just seemed to be going through the motions of playing college football against one of the premier programs in the country. This was an opportunity for Texas to lose tough, show heart, maybe even put a scare into the Irish before succumbing to the inevitable. He claims Strong is getting bad reviews from a lot of donors about his focus lack of progress. He swears if Strong doesn't make a bowl game this year he will be gone. Got a text from him this morning when he was getting ready to get on his plane and fly back to Dallas. Same thing: said other alums are not happy with what they are seeing. They need to see something and "real damn quick". He swears if OU does another 60-10 on them this year Strong won't survive it. And he says Steve Patterson will be in a U-Haul right behind him. Damn. I actually believe the UT donors are pissed enough to give Strong a quick hook.

Rut roh. Right now, I count 5 could or should wins on their schedule, it'll be interesting seeing how they progress.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Texas faithful are saying that Strong needs 5 years, and that he shouldn't be judged until every last player on the team is his.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Are Texas fans being given shit for not abandoning Strong fast enough? Is the irony purposeful or coincidental?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well I hope they give him more time, but of course it's not in my hands.

Last night was an unmitigated disaster, obviously. This is a year when they could have used a Baylor OOC schedule to get some confidence, but it aint happening.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Bob Stoops. How long since Oklahoma has won a big game? What a joke.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus @Goldbug The broadcast showed the little Southbend airport, and it was PACKED with Lear jets, Gulfstreams and the like.

I thought, yikes, all the BMD's are here, and if the Horns stink it up, there will be hell to pay...

Of course, some of those are ND BMD's I'm sure, but I know there were a lot of Texas ones there