• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

That is the difference between 12 wins and 6 wins?

That is the difference in losing by 35?

That is the difference in the offense scoring 3 points?

When you look at the inexperience and lack of talent? Yes

No matter how much you want to scream. Mack Brown left nothing in the cupboard. Just like Urban did when he left UF. Urban inherited a team loaded with talent when he got to OSU.

Stop being so obtuse. At least try to be somewhat objective. I know it is hard because of the Nebraska/TX hatred, but at least try.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not happy Nebraska lost on a Hail Mary at home with a 1st year coach.

Just laughing at the typical underachieving Texas getting blown the fuck out by 35.

Moral Victories!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think the day after your team lost you'd be just a little less of an asshole. But no , you come here talking shit about tejas when you're both 0-1.

With a new coach, I expected Nebraska to lose a close one. They lost on a Hail Mary.

Texas lost by 35. Their offense scored 3.

That same BYU team won @ Texas last season 41-7.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went 11-2 in the Big East :L
Yep and beat a top 5 team. Matters not what conference. It matters it showed improvement over time. Which is all you can ask for. This whole immediate success attitude is the problem.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has said what the Positives were for Texas last night.
What were they.

They found out they have no QB or defense. I'd say that's a positive, I guess.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and beat a top 5 team. Matters not what conference. It matters it showed improvement over time. Which is all you can ask for. This whole immediate success attitude is the problem.

Florida was not a top 5 team. I don't care what their ranking said at the time.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this the (11-2) record you're bloviating about?

2012 Louisville

Kentucky - W
Missouri St - W
N Carolina - W
Fla International - W
So Miss - W
Pittsburgh - W
S. Florida - W
Cincinnati - W
Temple - W
Syracuse - L
Connecticut - L

Florida - W

2013 Florida (4-8)
2014 Florida (7-5)

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the (11-2) record you're bloviating about?

2012 Louisville

Kentucky - W
Missouri St - W
N Carolina - W
Fla International - W
So Miss - W
Pittsburgh - W
S. Florida - W
Cincinnati - W
Temple - W
Syracuse - L
Connecticut - L

Florida - W

2013 Florida (4-8)
2014 Florida (7-5)

Bloviating? Maybe you need to try some objectivity just once. When Strong got his players for his system they improved. If you only want to minimize everything then I'm done. Because this conversation would be more productive with a wall than with you and your hatred for Texas.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloviating? Maybe you need to try some objectivity just once. When Strong got his players for his system they improved. If you only want to minimize everything then I'm done. Because this conversation would be more productive with a wall than with you and your hatred for Texas.

tombstone-well-bye.gif

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Strong at Louisville to Strong at TX. He went 7-6, 7-6, and then 11-2. Have to give him more than 13 games people.

We're not Louisville. Our arrogant as hell slogan is, "We're Texas". With that being said, I'm tired of hearing the excuse of how Mack left this team with zero talent. There are 9 players on NFL rosters from last year's team, 5 were drafted, the other players signed FA contracts. So fucking spare me with the excuse of Mack leaving no talent. Last night was a coaching issue. The offense still looks like the same shitty, pop warner offense from last year with the same shitty, clueless QB. Nothing has changed. I understand if some of my fellow orangebloods want to use the "youth" excuse, that's fine. But that game last night was awful; players looked confused and out of place. LAST NIGHT WAS DUE TO BAD COACHING all across the board. FSUmanager, at $5M a year, Strong is in no situation to field shitty teams like last night. At least field a team that competes, I can handle this team losing if it's at least competing. Start Heard. Why the fuck is Heard not starting? He can't do any worse than Swoopes. WHY NOT START FUCKING JERROD HEARD FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! WHY???!!!! SWOOPES FUCKING SUCKS!!! FUCK YOU SHAWN WATSON!!!!

I have no problem if Patterson fires Strong after we lose to Rice next week, which is a very strong possibility. This team and coaching staff is so bad, I won't be surprised if Rice whips our ass at our own house next Saturday. Why not? Everybody else takes us to the woodshed at our house. This is bullshit......

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay! It's sunday. Otherwise known as "tOfficial CFB trolling day"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we can help you deal with losing your first game. Firing shots at Texas is probably a lot easier than focusing on your own reality

Firing shots at Texas is easier than anything in life.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Mack Brown didn't ONLY recruit guys with character flaws and criminal records, he didn't recruit at all. He brought in a lot of highly regarded players according to the media. The truth is that Mack Brown only had one "great" recruiting year. 2002. That was it. He had some good years, but the media turned those into great years that just wasn't true.
Strong's performance is not in question yet. Too soon. You guys blame the coaches way to much for on the field performance. Yes, coaches are important, but so is talent. You have to have some th0roughbreds to be able to compete at a national level. I've never seen a jackass win the Kentucky Derby. We don't have any thoroughbreds right now. Strong has had one year recruiting. Can he bring them in, maybe or maybe not. The one thing I will tell you is that it's way too soon to know. You can't turn a program around in one year. That's crazy.

You talk like Mack had recruited nothing but walk ons his last 3 years at Texas. Stop with that excuse. There is enough talent on this team to give Notre Dame a better game than what we saw last night. The scheme and game plan was terrible. Again, that is a coaching issue, not a lack of talent issue. It is a very strong possibility (no pun intended) to consider that Strong might just be an average head coach. I don't think we can beat Rice next week.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exes is right. Texas has talent. You guys ain't freaking Iowa state. 3 points is bad coaching. They either can't scheme or got the wrong guys in. Going to be a long year and Charlie might be eating his words about never losing 5 again.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exes is right. Texas has talent. You guys ain't freaking Iowa state. 3 points is bad coaching. They either can't scheme or allot the wrong guys in. Going to be a long year and Charlie might be eating his words about never losing 5 again.

There were zero adjustments made at halftime both on offense and defense. Nothing!!!!! It was a thorough ass kicking and our coaches looked as clueless as our players.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen starbigD around the CFB boards lately?

:dhd: