• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot compare OSU and TX. Meyer is in his 4th yr at OSU. Strong is in yr 2. OSU has the pick of the litter in the Midwest. TX has 3 other schools to compete for talent in its state alone. Plus Oklahoma. Strong booted a lot of guys in yr 1.

You are comparing apples to oranges. No matter how vehemently you disagree.
Meyer in his 3rd year, bro. This season is his 4th, not last season.

OSU is the power in the midwest, sure, but Texas is also a more fertile recruiting ground. When you include teams like michigan, Penn State, Michigan State and Notre Dame in the equation, is basically negates that point, especially considering those programs regularly out-recruit TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech.

Besides, Texas is supposed to be THE top dog in their state. They have more resources than any school in the nation. They've brought in more than enough talented recruits in recent years. There's no reason they should have basically no offense and be this pathetic. Strong has had 2 offseasons with that program. Being so wildly unprepared as they were yesterday while making no adjustments is inexcusable. If this is a glimpse of how this season is gonna go, UT may be looking for a new coach for the 2017 season.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk like Mack had recruited nothing but walk ons his last 3 years at Texas. Stop with that excuse. There is enough talent on this team to give Notre Dame a better game than what we saw last night. The scheme and game plan was terrible. Again, that is a coaching issue, not a lack of talent issue. It is a very strong possibility (no pun intended) to consider that Strong might just be an average head coach. I don't think we can beat Rice next week.

I can't blame the coaches. I still say we have no talent! If so, where? How many All Americans are we going to have this year? Mack Brown IS to blame for this. He didn't recruit nearly as good as we were all lead to believe. Sorry, we just disagree.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone done a follow up on "where are they now" Strong dismissals?

I know Overstreet played against Tech last night and carried 7 times for 55 yards. more yards than any Texas RB got last night.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not Louisville. Our arrogant as hell slogan is, "We're Texas". With that being said, I'm tired of hearing the excuse of how Mack left this team with zero talent. There are 9 players on NFL rosters from last year's team, 5 were drafted, the other players signed FA contracts. So fucking spare me with the excuse of Mack leaving no talent. Last night was a coaching issue. The offense still looks like the same shitty, pop warner offense from last year with the same shitty, clueless QB. Nothing has changed. I understand if some of my fellow orangebloods want to use the "youth" excuse, that's fine. But that game last night was awful; players looked confused and out of place. LAST NIGHT WAS DUE TO BAD COACHING all across the board. FSUmanager, at $5M a year, Strong is in no situation to field shitty teams like last night. At least field a team that competes, I can handle this team losing if it's at least competing. Start Heard. Why the fuck is Heard not starting? He can't do any worse than Swoopes. WHY NOT START FUCKING JERROD HEARD FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! WHY???!!!! SWOOPES FUCKING SUCKS!!! FUCK YOU SHAWN WATSON!!!!

I have no problem if Patterson fires Strong after we lose to Rice next week, which is a very strong possibility. This team and coaching staff is so bad, I won't be surprised if Rice whips our ass at our own house next Saturday. Why not? Everybody else takes us to the woodshed at our house. This is bullshit......
Don't care what the school's name is. Don't care that 5 guys got drafted either. None of that means dick when it comes to expecting things too quickly which every fan base does. Maybe Heard is worse than Swoopes. I have no idea. But when you do a purge like Strong did last year you must expect a dropoff. If not then your expectations are too high from the get go.

I did not care for the Jimbo Fisher hire when it happened. He was never a HC before and I wasn't sure if he would work out. I said I would give him 5 yrs to prove himself. It has been 5 yrs and I am glad he is at FSU.

Mack did not leave the cupboard bone dry, but 9 out of 120 is. Very small % to take over with if your philosophy is completely different. Strong went with changing the culture and attitude he saw in players. That means it is going to take longer than some may want.

My opinion is you are overreacting to 13 games. But you are entitled to your opinion even if it differs from mine. But to say it is all coaching is not really fair. You had what 8 or 9 true freshman playing a lot of snaps? You have one of the youngest teams in the country too. It takes time is all I'm saying. You guys complaining about a 3 pt production against a team with 18 returning starters is just crap. Try losing at HOME 30-0 against WAKE FUCKING FOREST. Yeah FSU did.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem if Patterson fires Strong after we lose to Rice next week, which is a very strong possibility. This team and coaching staff is so bad, I won't be surprised if Rice whips our ass at our own house next Saturday. Why not? Everybody else takes us to the woodshed at our house. This is bullshit......
Sweet yeah let's do it. Let's clean house and not even have coordinators left to take the helm. That way we'll be forced to do a very quick search and be able to draw in some even lesser known, less experienced coach from God knows where who we'll have to pay out the ass for because of contract issues with his present job. OR WAIT I guess we can get someone who isn't working for a school right now like Charlie Weis! That's never blown up in anyone's face! Maybe we can convince Todd Graham that THIS is actually his TRUE dream job. Ooo I bet Jim Tressel would listen! Then after one season and another million dollars to some searching firm, we'll be able to hire THE ONE - that mythical unicorn that is Urban Meyer's lovechild with Nick Saban who will take a team of duds who have been dealing with multiple systems now and win the NC in year one!!!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer in his 3rd year, bro. This season is his 4th, not last season.

OSU is the power in the midwest, sure, but Texas is also a more fertile recruiting ground. When you include teams like michigan, Penn State, Michigan State and Notre Dame in the equation, is basically negates that point, especially considering those programs regularly out-recruit TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech.

Besides, Texas is supposed to be THE top dog in their state. They have more resources than any school in the nation. They've brought in more than enough talented recruits in recent years. There's no reason they should have basically no offense and be this pathetic. Strong has had 2 offseasons with that program. Being so wildly unprepared as they were yesterday while making no adjustments is inexcusable. If this is a glimpse of how this season is gonna go, UT may be looking for a new coach for the 2017 season.
I know those were last yrs team guys. My point still stands. PSU and UM are not poaching the top recruits from OSU and we both know that. TX has to fight two top 10 teams and an SEC school for in state recruits. Let alone all the other schools that go intk TX and take guys that TX used to be able to get. It just wasn't a fair comparison IMO.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet yeah let's do it. Let's clean house and not even have coordinators left to take the helm. That way we'll be forced to do a very quick search and be able to draw in some even lesser known, less experienced coach from God knows where who we'll have to pay out the ass for because of contract issues with his present job. OR WAIT I guess we can get someone who isn't working for a school right now like Charlie Weis! That's never blown up in anyone's face! Maybe we can convince Todd Graham that THIS is actually his TRUE dream job. Ooo I bet Jim Tressel would listen! Then after one season and another million dollars to some searching firm, we'll be able to hire THE ONE - that mythical unicorn that is Urban Meyer's lovechild with Nick Saban who will take a team of duds who have been dealing with multiple systems now and win the NC in year one!!!

Mack would come back in heartbeat and he's a hell of a lot better coach than Strong, that's for sure.....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet Gray gets more than 55 yards vs Tech

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack would come back in heartbeat and he's a hell of a lot better coach than Strong, that's for sure.....

Texas fans now wanting Mack back?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches had no clue what to do last night. The schemes were shit. The game plan was shit. No adjustments were made. 9 months and this is what Strong produced. Unacceptable. Again, at least be competitive. That's all I want. Lose 17-10 or something like that. Don't get curbstomped for fuck's sake. Field a competitive team. Even if we have a supposed "lack of talent" b/c of Mack Brown, which seems to the be main excuse Longhorn fans are using on this board, Strong can at least field a competitive team that shows heart. The losses can be a bit more acceptable. But to go out and field a team that looks like it has no idea what it's doing and then you have coaches who make zero halftime adjustment and look just as lost as the players, THAT IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeebus Christ, how difficult is it to get a QB back there that can perform? Fucking OU has a walk on at QB that threw for 400 yds and 3 TD's last night (grant it, it was against Akron Jr. High, but still). A FUCKING WALK ON!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeebus Christ, how difficult is it to get a QB back there that can perform? Fucking OU has a walk on at QB that threw for 400 yds and 3 TD's last night (grant it, it was against Akron Jr. High, but still). A FUCKING WALK ON!!!

He was the Big12 freshman of the year two years ago. I mean, it was only last season Trevor Knight was our quarterback. I really hope if Mayfield gets hurt, they give Thomas a look.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More ranting.............Why can other teams be young, have inexperience on the o-line, but go out and still win, not get blown out or be competitive? Why does our team get the ever living shit kicked out of it? Sooners, didn't yall have 4 new starters on the o-line? I thought that's what I heard. Texas supposedly has the best OL coach in the country in Wickline and so far his line has sucked a bowl of dicks. Why the fuck is this guy the highest paid OL coach in the country?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More ranting.............Why can other teams be young, have inexperience on the o-line, but go out and still win, not get blown out or be competitive? Why does our team get the ever living shit kicked out of it? Sooners, didn't yall have 4 new starters on the o-line? I thought that's what I heard. Texas supposedly has the best OL coach in the country in Wickline and so far his line has sucked a bowl of dicks. Why the fuck is this guy the highest paid OL coach in the country?

3, but it was Akron. Tennesse's front seven will be a much bigger test. With that said, they did look good after they got their jitters out, and Bedenbaugh is one of the best O-line coaches in the country.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's almost like OU played a cupcake and Texas played a top 10 team. OU isn't starting true freshmen. They are starting grown ass men that waited their turn, because OU had a quality OL. That is much different, than starting true freshmen

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer started with 4 new starters on the OL last year and looked what happened. No excuses or bitching about having a brand new o-line last year from Meyer or his OC. They fixed what needed to be fixed and ran the table, with 4 new starters on the OL and with their 2nd and 3rd string starter at QB. We can't do dick with our 1st string QB.....