• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it.

Can you please sign Strong to a Kirk Ferentz type contract?

We just don't know yet. The man needs time. You guys have NO idea. Mack Brown left this team with very little talent and the talent that was there was either on drugs or living over at the Hilton.

I understand it's fun to kick a rival when they are down. I get it. Have fun, but please remember that your time will come as all of ours does.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qnea9.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was coming off a (6-7) unranked year...and a team with two true freshmen playing on the offensive live (one I think is 17 years old still).

They are the youngest team in the Big 12 unfortunately with a heavily front-loaded schedule.

They played a top 10 team with 18 returning starters on the road.
I figured it might be a recipe for a blowout.

I thought it might be closer in score, but it was the only game on the schedule that seemed like a no chance game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you have zero kind of offense in the 2nd year.
With all the QB's in Texas, how hard is it??
The defense might be good but how can you tell when the Offense gives you no help at all.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game will not be shown on the LHN as scheduled. More than likely they will replay Texas whipping Nebraska from five years ago. Good for their ego. And for TexasExes, we all know what reliving history to reclaim the glory means.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just don't know yet. The man needs time. You guys have NO idea. Mack Brown left this team with very little talent and the talent that was there was either on drugs or living over at the Hilton.

I understand it's fun to kick a rival when they are down. I get it. Have fun, but please remember that your time will come as all of ours does.

Our time has been here for about 15 years.

2 losing seasons ('04/'07), a .500 season ('02), an 8-4 season ('05), and a slew of 9/10 win seasons does not meet Nebraska expectations.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was coming off a (6-7) unranked year...and a team with two true freshmen playing on the offensive live (one I think is 17 years old still).

They are the youngest team in the Big 12 unfortunately with a heavily front-loaded schedule.

They played a top 10 team with 18 returning starters on the road.
I figured it might be a recipe for a blowout.

I thought it might be closer in score, but it was the only game on the schedule that seemed like a no chance game.

How many years are those excuses going to fly for Strong?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not an excuse.
Strong has made a decision with his philosophy.
But, He deserves to be judged once the team is all his guys.

Strong ran all the offensive linemen off the team with his morality purges. He consciously made a weak unit critically weak and the team overall very thin. He has to live and die with his credo. Morality vs Talent

Deep down (if we admit it), we would love to have a thug loser like Joe Mixon on the team getting 200 all purpose yards in week one.... but it wont happen under Charlies watch.

It is hard to swallow...and it might not work.
But, there wont be any Dorial-Green Beckhams on his team no matter how talented.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have been in our time since 2004. Welcome to the club.

EDIT: Ra is right I will add in 2001 is when it started. Colorado 62 Nebraska 36. It really wasn't that close.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't be fucking serious.

You guys win the recruiting battle every year, right?

And you don't have the talent to win now? Even in year 2?

How you can't recruit a winning QB in Jexas as THE program in that state is a fucking miracle. I mean, you have to try to recruit poorly to bring in such shitty QBs while being THE program in Jexas.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years are those excuses going to fly for Strong?

I'm sorry to point our the facts and mess up your argument, but it's only been one year.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How you can't recruit a winning QB in Jexas as THE program in that state is a fucking miracle. I mean, you have to try to recruit poorly to bring in such shitty QBs while being THE program in Jexas.

Ok, so here's where you're dead ass wrong. "You guys win the recruiting battle every year, right." NO we don't. We haven't even been 2nd or 3rd best in the state of Texas in a long long time. That's the problem. Don't believe the media hype. Not for Texas and not for Nebraska.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so here's where you're dead ass wrong. "You guys win the recruiting battle every year, right." NO we don't. We haven't even been 2nd or 3rd best in the state of Texas in a long long time. That's the problem. Don't believe the media hype. Not for Texas and not for Nebraska.

I thought you guys have always said that you OWN Jexas?

Is that not true?

If not so, what happened to make it not true?

And if not so, how do you NOT be the best recruiting hub in Jexas? You are Jexas for fucks sake.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, they don't have the talent to even keep it close.

Plus they have Watson as OC. :dhd:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that not true?

And if not so, how do you NOT be the best recruiting hub in Jexas? You are Jexas for fucks sake.

They have the most $$$$ and get the best players.

That is their mantra.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that not true?

I've seen your posts about Texas on this board. I understand you hate Texas, and that's fine. You have never seen me make fun of Nebraska. I think Nebraska is a top notch school and has a top notch football program. If you want to be sarcastic and make fun of Texas, then do it with the other Longhorns on the board. They love to play. If you want to have a serious discussion about recruiting, then continue.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen your posts about Texas on this board. I understand you hate Texas, and that's fine. You have never seen me make fun of Nebraska. I think Nebraska is a top notch school and has a top notch football program. If you want to be sarcastic and make fun of Texas, then do it with the other Longhorns on the board. They love to play. If you want to have a serious discussion about recruiting, then continue.

I don't hate Texas. In fact I do respect your program.

However, I do dislike many of your posters on this board. Many of them suck ass.

As for recruiting, it should be embarrassing for you to ever finish outside of the top 5 for your program.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack left a steaming mess with limited talent.
Then Charlie kicked 10% of the remaining talent off the team with his morality purges.

Painful but probably the right thing to do.

Texas is paper thin and young everywhere as a result.
STRONG has had exactly one recruiting class. He inherited Mack's last class when he came in January 14.

STRONG's first class actually gives us a little hope.
I was happy and pleasantly surprised by the freshmen last night.
They made freshman mistakes no doubt, but it was obvious who was playing hard.

Malik might be the best player on the team already and the de facto team captain it seems.
The problem is that there is only so much a true freshmen can do as the team leader.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always know you have a Great Coach in their second year.
They always show you whats ahead.

After the first game on the road vs a top 10 opponent?