• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not trying to get in your face or anyone else over this, but I'm Sorry, I'm telling you it's a talent issue. Trust me, I work in the world of statistics in the medical field, you can't compare two games, so that point is meaningless. What ND does today has absolutely nothing to do with last week.

I know it's easy to point the finger at the coaches. I knew this was going to happen after Mack left. I get it, but Strong needs time. I agree that Swoopes isn't the best qb, but Heard is obviously not ready. I do think he will play more tonight which is good. He needs to develop. I'm just hoping its a developmental issue and not a talent issue as well. If we have talent, where are they and what position? I just don't see any. Certainly not to the level it takes to be in the top 5 or even the top 10. I bet we don't even have any third team All Americans this year. Probably not even any honorable mentioned. We have some freshman that have a good outlook, but it's going to take time.

Toledo just stomped Arkansas, in Fayetteville mind you. The same Arkansas that stomped a mudhole in us. You are going to stand there with a straight face and tell me Toledo has more superior athletes than The University of Fucking Texas has? No offense Phantom, but you can't keep burying your head in the sand. This coaching staff is average.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon to give up on Strong.

But how about that UConn 2-0, equaling last years win total. LOL!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fun. :pop2:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude has went off the reservation with hating his own team.

A realistic progress season would be trying to go 7-5 or 8-4 with the freshmen showing progress.

2015 TEXAS was never going to be able to beat top 10 teams on the road. The talent is not there yet on the line.

Let's just wait and see how they do versus Cal and all the other middle teams of the Big 12.

Heck if they beat Cal, it will be the first 2-1 start in the last 3 seasons.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A realistic progress season would be trying to go 7-5 or 8-4 with the freshmen showing progress.

2015 TEXAS was never going to be able to beat top 10 teams on the road. The talent is not there yet on the line.

Let's just wait and see how they do versus Cal and all the other middle teams of the Big 12.

JexasExes has always been irrational in his hate and the bile and venom he spews. It just happens to be directed at his own team this time, which I for one find hilarious.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is no hate. I'm just not making excuses or sugar coating anything the way you guys do. If you can't see this is a coaching issue and not a lack of talent issue, I don't know what to tell you. Again, I wasn't expecting 2015 Texas to beat top ten teams as well. But it's not out of the question to expect our $5M a year coach to field a team that competes and have a competent coaching staff who can come up with schemes and a game plan that works. Strong has finally made a decision that is helping this team by getting rid of Watson and Swoopes. Now, it's time to fix this defense.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texasex,

It's ok to disagree about talent vs coaches, and we do. I actually hope you're right. It will make the fix come a lot faster.

I do have to tell you, I'm not sugar coating anything. Remember, I was the one that was calling for Mack Brown's head 4 years ago on the CBS board. A lot of alums saw this coming. I knew we were digging ourselves in a hole that was going to be ugly and take us a long time to get out of. In my opinion, we weren't getting any super star talent to speak of. You have to have some. You have to have a few dominate players on both sides of the ball. We were getting none. Now if you listened to the media, Mack was kicking ass in recruiting, but it was really weird, none of it showed up on the field. Only on paper. Hell, Sherman was kicking Mack's ass in recruiting and he didn't last 4 years at ATM. Now look at ATM's recruiting. They have some talent. If you think Sumlin is a better coach than Charlie Strong, you are sadly mistaken. They just have the players, and unfortunately for us, they are going to do very well this year which will make even more tough for us to recruit over them. Still don't think it's talent? Ok. I'll ask you again. How many All-Americans are we going to have this year on the first, second, third or honorable mentioned team? Don't tell me it's the coaches not developing. True talent will rise to the top and be recognized. My opinion is that if you have none, you aren't going to finish in the top 20 in most years. If you don't finish in the top 20 then you have probably lost a lot of games. Great coaches or not.

Charlie Strong has been successful everywhere he has been. The coaching staff has to come up with schemes and game plans that are aligned with the talent they have. They work with these guys everyday. They know far better than you or me the strengths and weaknesses of these guys. You have to give the man chance. I just think you are asking for way too much too soon. We all want a quick fix, but it's not going to happen. If it turns out that Charlie Strong isn't the guy, we'll get someone else who is. Hang in there. We'll get there.

I do admire your passion.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texasex,

It's ok to disagree about talent vs coaches, and we do. I actually hope you're right. It will make the fix come a lot faster.

I do have to tell you, I'm not sugar coating anything. Remember, I was the one that was calling for Mack Brown's head 4 years ago on the CBS board. A lot of alums saw this coming. I knew we were digging ourselves in a hole that was going to be ugly and take us a long time to get out of. In my opinion, we weren't getting any super star talent to speak of. You have to have some. You have to have a few dominate players on both sides of the ball. We were getting none. Now if you listened to the media, Mack was kicking ass in recruiting, but it was really weird, none of it showed up on the field. Only on paper. Hell, Sherman was kicking Mack's ass in recruiting and he didn't last 4 years at ATM. Now look at ATM's recruiting. They have some talent. If you think Sumlin is a better coach than Charlie Strong, you are sadly mistaken. They just have the players, and unfortunately for us, they are going to do very well this year which will make even more tough for us to recruit over them. Still don't think it's talent? Ok. I'll ask you again. How many All-Americans are we going to have this year on the first, second, third or honorable mentioned team? Don't tell me it's the coaches not developing. True talent will rise to the top and be recognized. My opinion is that if you have none, you aren't going to finish in the top 20 in most years. If you don't finish in the top 20 then you have probably lost a lot of games. Great coaches or not.

Charlie Strong has been successful everywhere he has been. The coaching staff has to come up with schemes and game plans that are aligned with the talent they have. They work with these guys everyday. They know far better than you or me the strengths and weaknesses of these guys. You have to give the man chance. I just think you are asking for way too much too soon. We all want a quick fix, but it's not going to happen. If it turns out that Charlie Strong isn't the guy, we'll get someone else who is. Hang in there. We'll get there.

I do admire your passion.

And I admire yours as well. We are definitely entitled to our own opinions. I just refuse to believe the Toledo Rockets have better talent than us. I can't accept it. Regardless, I hope this defense gets straightened out by Saturday. CAL is an offensive machine......

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I admire yours as well. We are definitely entitled to our own opinions. I just refuse to believe the Toledo Rockets have better talent than us. I can't accept it. Regardless, I hope this defense gets straightened out by Saturday. CAL is an offensive machine......

Cal opened as 1.5 point favorites and quickly rose to 3.5 pt favorites.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two games into second year.

And put me down in the 'severe lack of talent' category, along with some coaching hire/strategic coaching errors.

Give the man at least a second recruiting class (that first one was a MB class, with 2 or 3 guys CS could pick up).

Thus, he's had ONE class so far. And 95% of the upperclassmen just have not/nor ever will cut it, for whatever long list of a variety of reasons. Those guys that have been on the team before CS arrived are mostly a subtraction by addition. Hate to sound mean, but it is the reality. They play 3/4 speed, and apparently no amount of cajoling, loving, or yelling is ever going to get them to change.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put in ALL the freshmen, and let them learn and take their lumps.

EVERY SINGLE BIG PLAY (other than punt returns) were made by the freshmen or sophomores.