• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Charlie Strong hire working out

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Norvell is the answer you have deeper problems.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STRONG is a good coach, but he is a better person with deep ties to friendship.

He experienced a lot of racism and failed job opportunities. Watson was one of the few who helped him.
He regarded Watson as a key player in getting him the Texas job and was reluctant to do what was necessary.

He is moral and loyal to a fault, but he gave Watson and Swopes much more opportunity than any sane person would.

That loyalty finally had to be tested.

This is the right move and Texas will be better off for having done so.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark times still ahead.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, there's a severe lack of talent with the players and coaches.
That cant be good.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good move. Traylors was the guy I wanted, but this will work. The power shift is from Watson/Wickline to Norvell/Traylor

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want every one of you to answer this shit for me, cuz I don't fuvkng get it. I don't buy it. I ain't gonna bite into this shit taco:

So, we spent all off-season doing? What? On offense?

And now we're supposed to be installing a new NEW offense? In the midst of a very VERY tough front loaded schedule?

This is all Charlie Strong's responsibility. I don't care if he's a defense-first coach. How can you spend all off season practicing this particular offensive scheme with the personnel and deficiencies you KNOW you have??

Last edited:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark times still ahead.

yes, yes they are.

I knew the team was severely short-handed, at the most critical of places. But I thought they would start to improve this year, maybe not in the record, but in attitude. I saw what I liked in the true freshmen, Malik, Burt, Boyd, etc. But you cant win a whole lot of games with freshmen.

Going to be another year for record improvement.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good move. Traylors was the guy I wanted, but this will work. The power shift is from Watson/Wickline to Norvell/Traylor

I wanted Traylor too.

But at least that Watson/Wickline mess is over.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 days to get a new offense going.
Thank god its Rice.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark times still ahead.

Not sure if Texas fans haven't watched this team for 5 years or just like bitching. Almost everyone I know thought the win total was going to be 6-8 this year, but they act surprised when they see a 6 win team play. It's a rebuild year, I thought the 5 true freshmen starting would have given it away

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Texas fans haven't watched this team for 5 years or just like bitching. Almost everyone I know thought the win total was going to be 6-8 this year, but they act surprised when they see a 6 win team play. It's a rebuild year, I thought the 5 true freshmen starting would have given it away
I have said that the new coach at a tier 1 team should have five years to install his players and scheme. And now I'm being told by fucking Strong himself that he wasn't even installing a planned fucking scheme at all with this fucking move.

Yeah. I'm pissed. For THAT goddam reason.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want every one of you to answer this shit for me, cuz I don't fuvkng get it. I don't buy it. I ain't gonna bite into this shit taco:

So, we spent all off-season doing? What? On offense?

And now we're supposed to be installing a new NEW offense? In the midst of a very VERY tough front loaded schedule?

This is all Charlie Strong's responsibility. I don't care if he's a defense-first coach. How can you spend all off season practicing this particular offensive scheme with the personnel and deficiencies you KNOW you have??
My guess is they thought it was just a talent and adjustment period thing, and that with a season behind them, they could only improve. That doesn't work, though, if the root of the problem is in the booth.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they thought it was just a talent and adjustment period thing, and that with a season behind them, they could only improve. That doesn't work, though, if the root of the problem is in the booth.
No bits not a booth problem. That's my point. It's not a problem of calling the wrong plays at the wrong time in the scheme. The whole fucking prostyle scheme is fucking wrong for the personnel and deficiencies we have. There was no moving the pocket, no quick drops, nary any screens, what the goddam fuck were we doing all off season, and what was Strong doing personally on the most glaring weakness, our offensive package?

So if he does truly think this is the right way to go and we just have tough it through and train up the young team in this style, then that's one thing. But now he's fucking saying we're making major changes. Yet. Fucking. Again.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I could have called the plays, and chosen a QB, to get more yards than they got Saturday.

Could not win the game, but could have moved the ball more.

That's on the entire coaching staff: but you hire a guy (Watson/Wickline) and pay them a lot of money to develop the offense. They are grown, professionals. You let them do their job without interference. They had their chance, and failed.

So you replace them, now. And he did.