• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey hey hey, Timmay's got something to say!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason marijuana is not legalized across the board is pharmaceutical companies stand to lose quite a bit of money from legalizing it and they put lots of money into lawmakers pockets. Tylenol, Aspirin, nausea medicines, as well as countless other over the counter meds would be obsolete. As soon as the money aspect gets figured out it will be legalized.

Also, marijuana is dangerous. Obviously tobacco and alcohol are dangerous as well, but the belief that there is no harm in doing it is silly. People that say they drive better etc. are foolish. It's easy to see everything coming and be more alert when you're driving 7 mph.
Still, only 1 of the 3 hemp varieties produce smokable marijuana. Even without the marijuana, 2/3 of hemp products do not need to be banned because of the health risks of pot. That's just throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Oh, and pharmaceutical companies can stand to lose quite a bit of thier oligopolic control anyway...sorry 46n2 :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason marijuana is not legalized across the board is pharmaceutical companies stand to lose quite a bit of money from legalizing it and they put lots of money into lawmakers pockets. Tylenol, Aspirin, nausea medicines, as well as countless other over the counter meds would be obsolete. As soon as the money aspect gets figured out it will be legalized.

Also, marijuana is dangerous. Obviously tobacco and alcohol are dangerous as well, but the belief that there is no harm in doing it is silly. People that say they drive better etc. are foolish. It's easy to see everything coming and be more alert when you're driving 7 mph.

Aye, it impairs your driving just like alcohol. However, it is much more healthy for you than both cigarrettes and alcohol. It should be taxed and have laws just like alcohol. You shouldn;t be fired for having it in your system, however if you go to work, or are at work high, you get fired. Same as with alcohol.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I don't have a problem with the policy because it's their business. They should be able to hire the people that fit the team the best. What kind of an idiot would try to work for a company that disagrees with their sexual bias anyway?

You have to hire/fire people based on their qualifications for and performance of the JOB. Your sexual orientation has little to do with whether you can politely greet a customer or construct a chicken sandwich. That said, sexual orientation is not a protected class (like race, gender, etc.) under federal statue, but has been protected under some interpretations of federal law and roughly 1/3 of the states have codified their own laws to protect sexual orientation in certain areas like the workplace, housing, etc. I'm sure we are going to see a big change in that over the next two decades as more states codify laws and likely some landmark federal statutes are proposed.

No imagined hypocracy there. IMO they are not being vilified for expressing their beliefs, they are being hammered for clandestinely or openly spending money to try to limit others' rights over their beliefs. BIG difference.

Well stated.

No, it's not you.....

When you and eloco debate, I actually learn something.

I can't believe you are drunk on a Monday morning, 46. ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so against corporate personhood as it applies to "free speech" (whether it's speaking with money or media power)...it boils my blood.

"I'm a real boy!"

Ronald-McDonald-61.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thanks. and i agree 100%

Aye, it impairs your driving just like alcohol. However, it is much more healthy for you than both cigarrettes and alcohol. It should be taxed and have laws just like alcohol. You shouldn;t be fired for having it in your system, however if you go to work, or are at work high, you get fired. Same as with alcohol.

agree 100%

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason marijuana is not legalized across the board is pharmaceutical companies stand to lose quite a bit of money from legalizing it and they put lots of money into lawmakers pockets. Tylenol, Aspirin, nausea medicines, as well as countless other over the counter meds would be obsolete. As soon as the money aspect gets figured out it will be legalized..

The prison lobby fights against it, too. And it goes against some of our Puritanical social foundations. I hope it happens, but it seems a long ways away still.

Interesting question though... If we legalize it, will we still need to give drug tests to Welfare recipients?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prison lobby fights against it, too. And it goes against some of our Puritanical social foundations. I hope it happens, but it seems a long ways away still.

Interesting question though... If we legalize it, will we still need to give drug tests to Welfare recipients?
Nope, welfare recipients will become hemp farmers. no more welfare needed. ;)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn Puritans. :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should. There is still crack/cocaine, heroine/opiates...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and don't forget about all the new As Seen On TV products, like the George Foreman Hemp Helper portable Hemp Greenhouse.

if only billy were around to pitch them to us :pout:

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pipe in and say that legalizing weed is smart economically but would make america even more lazy, something that is a huge problem IMO.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pipe in and say that legalizing weed is smart economically but would make america even more lazy, something that is a huge problem IMO.

Highly doubtful. Has alcohol made the world lazy? It is something that will never go away. Make money on it.

edit: And hand over that pipe after making a comment like that.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and overweight, but the potato chip and fast food industries would make out like bandits. :thumb: :p

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's false. Not everyone gets munchies and sleepy. :sly:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been gone for a few hours but want to back up to the voting issues. Here is a video from a few years ago. It will scare the hell out of you knowing why people vote the way they do...

[YOUTUBE]2PgV3_1_qlc&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]