• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey hey hey, Timmay's got something to say!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that someone should have to have a college degree to vote is absurd <-- says the person with an MS and PhD

I wish there were a way to limit voting to people who at least know their stuff with politics... But there isn't. People who live here and pay taxes have every right to vote as those who do lots of research. I just wish people knew all angles and truly stood behind whatever candidate it is they vote for in the booth.

There is just so much blind voting as there is blind faith in this country. The media does not help at all.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish more fast food restaurants would take the care in their ingredients that Chick fil A has. Obesity would plummet.

lol, good luck with that. I am very proud of myself, I have completely weeded fast food out of my life altogether.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a good point.. i guess i hadn't thought about it like that.. however, as far as i know there wasn't a religious belief behind preventing black people from voting..
You haven't met any Ku Klux Klan members? :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb rednecks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know New York passed a law, where back in the day if a media outlet falsely speculated that somebody was gay they could be taken to court for defamation. That is no longer the case as New York decided that it doesn't qualify as defamation, although NYC is much more forward thinking when it comes to diversity than most places.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know New York passed a law, where back in the day if a media outlet falsely speculated that somebody was gay they could be taken to court for defamation. That is no longer the case as New York decided that it no longer qualifies as defamation, although NYC is much more forward thinking when it comes to diversity than most places.

The whole northeast is pretty gay. Literally.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they do. They get called nazis/traitors/unamerican all the time. Happens way too much on both ends of the political spectrum.

they dont get blasted on the level that this chik-fil-a story is on.. not even close.. they get the die-hard NRA folks in an uproar, but not the national media

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ya i get that, i was just responding to dare saying people who are against gay marriage are getting blasted because they're donating money to fight it, not because of what they are saying.. which IMO, also isn't fair

Might not sound "fair", but that's exactly what it is. You got your say/action. Here is my say/action.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they dont get blasted on the level that this chik-fil-a story is on.. not even close.. they get the die-hard NRA folks in an uproar, but not the national media

And we're back full circle to right/wrong beliefs. The level of backlash you get depends on how crazy the court of public opinion thinks your belief is. If they were "fighting" against interracial marriage, the backlash would be times 100 because we think that is absolute lunacy in 2012. Well, if they were fighting against gay marriage 20 years ago, they wouldn't have seen half this backlash. Oh the times they are a-changin'...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, thankfully i have not. do they call it a religious belief?

They burn crosses. Beats me. KKK isn't a religion. They are religious though.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're back full circle to right/wrong beliefs. The level of backlash you get depends on how crazy the court of public opinion thinks your belief is. If they were "fighting" against interracial marriage, the backlash would be times 100 because we think that is absolute lunacy in 2012. Well, if they were fighting against gay marriage 20 years ago, they wouldn't have seen half this backlash. Oh the times they are a-changin'...

Unfortunately for the worse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not sound "fair", but that's exactly what it is. You got your say/action. Here is my say/action.

its not just "my say" coming in retaliation though, the entire media jumps on board and piles on.. which takes us to a whole different problem i guess.. i'm perfectly fine with Joe saying "people who vote for gay marrige are dumb" and John saying "people who vote against gay marriage are dumb", i guess my real beef lies with the media jumping in and taking sides.. but i have a problem w/ the media doing that all the time, perhaps i need to get over that

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just "my say" coming in retaliation though, the entire media jumps on board and piles on.. which takes us to a whole different problem i guess.. i'm perfectly fine with Joe saying "people who vote for gay marrige are dumb" and John saying "people who vote against gay marriage are dumb", i guess my real beef lies with the media jumping in and taking sides.. but i have a problem w/ the media doing that all the time, perhaps i need to get over that

Yea, that's never going to change.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that's never going to change.

ya, but i guess the positive portion of that is things that matter to the people (at least the loudest, and therefore most comitted ones) get attention

i just think the media has too much control these days.. they can skew a story however they want and pick/choose what gets attention and what doesnt

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, but i guess the positive portion of that is things that matter to the people (at least the loudest, and therefore most comitted ones) get attention

i just think the media has too much control these days.. they can skew a story however they want and pick/choose what gets attention and what doesnt

If you put on Fox, they are behind Chick-Fil-A. If you throw on CNN, they heed the voice of the gays.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that my biggest frustration over this entire thing (as a ardent supporter of gay marriage) is the confusion some idiots seem to have between disagreeing with something and oppression.

Misdirected outrage, fanned by the media and zealots. What's new.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media has too big an influence on people now... Sadly, I think it is far too late to change that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that my biggest frustration over this entire thing (as a ardent supporter of gay marriage) is the confusion some idiots seem to have between disagreeing with something and oppression.

Misdirected outrage, fanned by the media and zealots. What's new.

as in legalizing gay marriage doesn't do anything to the religious, they can still operate under their beliefs and be just fine? but banning gay marriage is forcing people to follow a religious belief?

i can agree w/ that.