• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey hey hey, Timmay's got something to say!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all beliefs are created equal.

If I think people without a college degree shouldn't have the right to vote, I can go shout it through the rooftops, but that doesn't make it a good belief that everyone has to respect. They can shout right back that I'm a moron.

from someone looking for equality for all people thats an interesting statement... who decides what beliefs are created equal?

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. I'm close friends with a lesbian couple that have a pretty strong dislike for their chain because they won't hire gays/fun girls. I don't have a problem with the policy because it's their business. They should be able to hire the people that fit the team the best. What kind of an idiot would try to work for a company that disagrees with their sexual bias anyway?

Most intelligent people wouldn't let their personal feelings into business decisions so there would be no fallout for working for someone who personally didn't side with your side on this issue.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont have a strong feeling one way or another, but i do think its very hypocritical that people who stand up to defend marriage as between a man and a women get hammered in the media and society when all they're doing is expressing their beliefs, same as those who are for gay marriage.
No imagined hypocracy there. IMO they are not being vilified for expressing their beliefs, they are being hammered for clandestinely or openly spending money to try to limit others' rights over their beliefs. BIG difference.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from someone looking for equality for all people thats an interesting statement... who decides what beliefs are created equal?

In policy? We eventually do. It takes time. A fuckton of time.

People who are rabidly racist are considered batshit crazy in 2012 now, right? If you see some guy on the street trying to get the vote taken away from black people, you don't think "What a well-thought out argument!" No, you're like "Get this fucking crazy away from me."

The tide is shifting right now which is why you're seeing all the backlash. Homophobia is becoming less and less acceptable.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homophobia is such a funny term.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No imagined hypocracy there. IMO they are not being vilified for expressing their beliefs, they are being hammered for clandestinely or openly spending money to try to limit others' rights over their beliefs. BIG difference.

how is that any different then people donating money for gun control? those people don't get persecuted for donating?

people donate money to support their beliefs, it happens all the time.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's calling me out. Whatever. Apparently "all beliefs are not created equal" is groundbreaking for some, so someone is learning here.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In policy? We eventually do. It takes time. A fuckton of time.

People who are rabidly racist are considered batshit crazy in 2012 now, right? If you see some guy on the street trying to get the vote taken away from black people, you don't think "What a well-thought out argument!" No, you're like "Get this fucking crazy away from me."

The tide is shifting right now which is why you're seeing all the backlash. Homophobia is becoming less and less acceptable.

thats a good point.. i guess i hadn't thought about it like that.. however, as far as i know there wasn't a religious belief behind preventing black people from voting.. which makes this a little different.. not that i'm a proponent for following the bible to a T or anything like that, but i respect religious people for following their faith

but its still a good point

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
how is that any different then people donating money for gun control? those people don't get persecuted for donating?

Depends on your purpose/audience. If the manager of a vegan-themed resturant donated money to a pro-life organization, for example, they would get shit because their customers are more likely liberal, pro-choice people. There's a lot of choice in today's world. You don't need a lot of reason to boycott something.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's calling me out. Whatever. Apparently "all beliefs are not created equal" is groundbreaking for some, so someone is learning here.

i'm sure you're targetting me with that comment.. but applying "all beliefs are not created equal" wherever you want is a problem.. obviously it can be applied in some situations, but calling a belief someone is following because of their religion a lesser belief, is a problem, IMO

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chick-Fil-A is getting a lot of free advertising. That's for sure. It has been known long before this statement that this company was extremely religious. They aren't even open on Sundays. Trying to bring down this company is doing nothing but making proponents of gay marriage look fucking stupid.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats a good point.. i guess i hadn't thought about it like that.. however, as far as i know there wasn't a religious belief behind preventing black people from voting.. which makes this a little different.. not that i'm a proponent for following the bible to a T or anything like that, but i respect religious people for following their faith

but its still a good point

I respect that too. And it's Chick-Fil-A's right to donate money to whatever causes they want. But everyone else is allowed to have an opinion on that move and where their dollars go too. I think it was a stupid business decision. Gays fucking love rallies and causes and shit. We really do. As we speak, I'm sure someone on Facebook is setting up a bunch of homosexual rallies where we can go yell about this and be all homosexual.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your purpose/audience. If the manager of a vegan-themed resturant donated money to a pro-life organization, for example, they would get shit because their customers are more likely liberal, pro-choice people. There's a lot of choice in today's world. You don't need a lot of reason to boycott something.

ya i get that, i was just responding to dare saying people who are against gay marriage are getting blasted because they're donating money to fight it, not because of what they are saying.. which IMO, also isn't fair

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure they do. They get called nazis/traitors/unamerican all the time. Happens way too much on both ends of the political spectrum.