• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey hey hey, Timmay's got something to say!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legalize pot!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just "my say" coming in retaliation though, the entire media jumps on board and piles on.. which takes us to a whole different problem i guess..
Yep.
i'm perfectly fine with Joe saying "people who vote for gay marrige are dumb"
so am I
and John saying "people who vote against gay marriage are dumb", i guess my real beef lies with the media jumping in and taking sides.. but i have a problem w/ the media doing that all the time, perhaps i need to get over that
again, me too. But when Paul, Inc. and its $20 million say "lets remove gay marriage from even being considered", I have as much beef with that as I do the corporate-owned media jumping in to take sides (Turner, Murdoch, etc)

The link I provided that started this round of discussion was from a businessweek article basically saying that good business decisions are not to be made personal. Imagine that, a media outlet that's designed for a particular topic (business) stays on topic. :)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it should be up to the church. If the Catholics do not want to marry gat couples, fine. If the Presbyterians do, fine. I think the state should sign off on any marriage between two consenting adults.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legalize pot!

Again, that would be a good fiscal decision, as there are many other beneficial uses for hemp than just smoking it. The agricultural and textile industries would get a huge boom, among others. But there are too many irrational hangups in too many people's minds to do so.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there were a way to limit voting to people who at least know their stuff with politics... But there isn't. People who live here and pay taxes have every right to vote as those who do lots of research. I just wish people knew all angles and truly stood behind whatever candidate it is they vote for in the booth.

There is just so much blind voting as there is blind faith in this country. The media does not help at all.

The college graduate rate in America fluctuates around 30%. That is not a lot of people (people over 25 is how it is evaluated).

The thing is, there are a lot of people who know a lot more about the issues that do not have a college degree than those who do have one.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that would be a good fiscal decision, as there are many other beneficial uses for hemp than just smoking it. The agricultural and textile industries would get a huge boom, among others. But there are too many irrational hangups in too many people's minds to do so.

It has such a good effect on the mind though. :smokin:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The college graduate rate in America fluctuates around 30%. That is not a lot of people (people over 25 is how it is evaluated).

The thing is, there are a lot of people who know a lot more about the issues that do not have a college degree than those who do have one.

Agreed completely.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it should be up to the church. If the Catholics do not want to marry gat couples, fine. If the Presbyterians do, fine. I think the state should sign off on any marriage between two consenting adults.
That's what gets me. The legalizing of gay marriage has nothing to do with any churches or their established practices. It's just about having all citizens have the same legal benefits that a civic union provides (lower taxes, survivor benefits, etc.)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed completely.

The thing is, I can splice DNA and do complex outbreak modeling. I am right there when people start to get sick, and the person that you want on your side. I am a finely tuned tool in that world. However, that doesn't make me any more educated on political issues than the owner of a family run carpentry business. In fact, I am less equipped to be political, despite the letters after my name.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

so am I

again, me too. But when Paul, Inc. and its $20 million say "lets remove gay marriage from even being considered", I have as much beef with that as I do the corporate-owned media jumping in to take sides (Turner, Murdoch, etc)

The link I provided that started this round of discussion was from a businessweek article basically saying that good business decisions are not to be made personal. Imagine that, a media outlet that's designed for a particular topic (business) stays on topic. :)

i was going to say its one thing for someone to donate 20 million, because more often then not, someone else donates 20 million the other way.. which makes that 'fair', but the media is so much stronger than 20 miillion.. but i guess the individuals/corporations in charge of the media are just exercising a different way of supporting a cause

ugh..

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so against corporate personhood as it applies to "free speech" (whether it's speaking with money or media power)...it boils my blood.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so against corporate personhood as it applies to "free speech" (whether it's speaking with money or media power)...it boils my blood.

so basically against corporate donations and stuff.. so if ed snider wanted to donate to something, in your world, he'd have to do it out of his pocket.. rather than having comcast donate to something?

just trying to be more educated :)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason marijuana is not legalized across the board is pharmaceutical companies stand to lose quite a bit of money from legalizing it and they put lots of money into lawmakers pockets. Tylenol, Aspirin, nausea medicines, as well as countless other over the counter meds would be obsolete. As soon as the money aspect gets figured out it will be legalized.

Also, marijuana is dangerous. Obviously tobacco and alcohol are dangerous as well, but the belief that there is no harm in doing it is silly. People that say they drive better etc. are foolish. It's easy to see everything coming and be more alert when you're driving 7 mph.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically against corporate donations and stuff.. so if ed snider wanted to donate to something, in your world, he'd have to do it out of his pocket.. rather than having comcast donate to something?

just trying to be more educated :)
correct.