• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey hey hey, Timmay's got something to say!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
figured I'd copy the text incase he decides to delete again.

I stand with Chick-fil-A.

Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay.

Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage.

“Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage.

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”

of course you stand with a homophobe, Timmay. of course you do.

a lither side of the issue: http://www.theonion.com/articles/chickfila-debuts-new-homophobic-sandwich,28888/

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strombone ‏@strombone1
Hey guys remember 2y ago in the Stanley Cup Final when people thought I was the crazy goalie?Well I still might be, but NOT the craziest one

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you all will sit behind your monitors and laugh because this man is taking a stance. I wasn't aware that not agreeing with homosexuality and favoring traditional values renders one a "homophobe".

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Of course you all will sit behind your monitors and laugh because this man is taking a stance. I wasn't aware that not agreeing with homosexuality and favoring traditional values renders one a "homophobe".

yes, when you want to deny the rights of people entirely due to their sexuality, that does in fact define you as a homophobe.
and I would say that to his face, and to yours. no hiding going on on this end.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Timmay's post disappears soon though.... again.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Mayor's Letter To Chick-Fil-A President: Anti-Gay Stance Is 'Insult' To City

I wonder if Tim Thomas would have left the Bruins if this all happened before 2011 Finals/playoffs. If all that he hates and stands against decided to pop up then instead of AFTER he won the cup. he seems that now that he's won he's DONE with hockey altogether and now that he has the notoriety of being who he is he can just go off on his crazy fuck tangent now without care. he seems REALLY odd.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that "not agreeing with homosexuality" is mild homophobia. I mean, if you don't agree with it, than you're against it, right? You think there's something wrong with it? That's homophobia, no?

What really pisses me off is how some of the Christian right seems to think they've got dibs on the word "marriage". Fuck that. If the goverment uses the word 'marriage', then it transcends any single religion. Can two buddhists get married? Two atheists? Yes? Then what the fuck does Christianity have to do with it?

Saying that a gay couple shouldn't have the same rights as a straight couple is homophobic. Pretty damn simple.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that "not agreeing with homosexuality" is mild homophobia. I mean, if you don't agree with it, than you're against it, right? You think there's something wrong with it? That's homophobia, no?

What really pisses me off is how some of the Christian right seems to think they've got dibs on the word "marriage". Fuck that. If the goverment uses the word 'marriage', then it transcends any single religion. Can two buddhists get married? Two atheists? Yes? Then what the fuck does Christianity have to do with it?

Saying that a gay couple shouldn't have the same rights as a straight couple is homophobic. Pretty damn simple.

if your not with us your against us...... ahhhh Bush.

I dont think that if you disagree with homosexuality it doesnt equally mean your homophobic. now saying that a gay couple shouldn't have the same rights as a straight couple... now that.... THAT is homophobic and plain arrogant.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we replaced all of the McDonalds in the world with Chick fil As, the obesity rate in this country would crumble. It is amazing how healthy their chicken really is.

In addition, for those hating on the company for taking a stance, that is your right. However, I hope you aren't wearing any Nikes or Ralph Lauren clothing (among thousands of other companies) who not only support risky child labor but actually partake in it.

For the record, I am pro-gay marriage, 100%. I am also pro freedom of speech. People can boycott all they want, but the sense of appall is so overstated.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Chic-fil-a but do not agree with Mr. Cathy's interpretation/stance. I will now still eat Chic-fil-a and they're damn-fine, delicious chicken sandwiches with a modest frown on my face.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your not with us your against us...... ahhhh Bush.

I dont think that if you disagree with homosexuality it doesnt equally mean your homophobic. now saying that a gay couple shouldn't have the same rights as a straight couple... now that.... THAT is homophobic and plain arrogant.

I would call it a mild form of homophobia... what do someone mean when they say they "don't agree with homosexuality"? That it's morally wrong? That people should choose to be straight?

Put another way, can somebody say "I don't agree with interracial marriages" and claim not to be racist?

But it's a gray zone, sure. Whereas, as you pointed out, restricting legal rights for gays, is a bit more black and white.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call it a mild form of homophobia... what do someone mean when they say they "don't agree with homosexuality"? That it's morally wrong? That people should choose to be straight?

Put another way, can somebody say "I don't agree with interracial marriages" and claim not to be racist?

But it's a gray zone, sure. Whereas, as you pointed out, restricting legal rights for gays, is a bit more black and white.

ah ok. I see your view. right...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical interaction in a Chick - Fil - A anywhere in the US:
Customer: Thank you
Employee: My pleasure

Typical interaction in one in Baltimore:
Customer: Dank
Employee: My pez

True story.

As for the other subject, a very wise person I know once looked at it like this:
"You fall in love with the soul as that is what is eternal. You play with the body which is mortal. Therefore it's really just stupid to limit the possibility of love to compatible body parts. They are only temporary."

I like that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think to battle Chick-Fil-A a couple gay dudes should start a restaurant called Fil-A-Dude.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITT: Various posters begin the fight of their lives with the definition of homophobe.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ITT: Various posters begin the fight of their lives with the definition of homophobe.

You think that's bad... I originally had a typo, and this whole thing could have been about homophones!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's bad... I originally had a typo, and this whole thing could have been about homophones!

THIS IS A VERY REAL THREAT TODAY PUCKHEAD... HOW MANY PEOPLE TAKE CALLS ON THEIR HOME PHONE

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured I'd copy the text in case he decides to delete again.

I stand with Chick-fil-A.

Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay.

Of course Chick-fil-A is a privately owned business. I don't understand Timmy's point. The public or segments of the public have a right to decide whether or not to frequent that business, or to boycott it if they find their practices, their views, etc. offensive. If you are against gay marriage, Timmay. Just say that. Because the free speech involved in speaking out against a business you disagree with is something your freedom-loving ass should love!

We know, Jeff. We know. He's SO brave. Also, no further questions.