• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Coach, why didn't you send a 2nd defender at Le Bron?

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Le Bron's career numbers. After years of being a talented player who deferred to others at crunch time, he now has sense of presence that dwarfs just about anyone's in the game today. The 36% figure for this season is indeed applicable, but the extra couple of feet and the fade away are more than offset by the man's ability to now be the man.

Barnett knew that, and that's why he agreed with me that he needed to be doubled there.

File this one under, "Where's your data? Forget your data? Use my opinion"

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, it was a great shot, by a great player. I'd even be disappointed if that were the shot that Steph ended up with. Not to mention that he shot it over a well defended Iguodala who is one of the first players in the league I'd match up with him in that scenario.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You exaggerated your "data" a bit in your first post, and certainly Le Bron's rising confidence in clutch time is a reasonable factor to consider.

File it wherever you wish though.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I said "forget about his career numbers," not his season numbers. Le Bron 2.0 is far more clutch than the previous model.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We are a defensive-minded team, and it's great to see that we can win ballgames when we are not at our best offensively or we miss shots or things aren't going our way,"

Ha! You can keep repeating this nonsense, coach, but it still isn't true. Your team is just not interested in playing defense. You are a running, gunning, jump shooting team.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We are a defensive-minded team, and it's great to see that we can win ballgames when we are not at our best offensively or we miss shots or things aren't going our way,"

Ha! You can keep repeating this nonsense, coach, but it still isn't true. Your team is just not interested in playing defense. You are a running, gunning, jump shooting team.

The Warriors held the Rockets to 36% from the field and 30% from the 3point line. If you're going to keep griping about this, at least be consistent and point it out when they have a bad game defensively, not when they play well.

Here's some things you probably didn't see from a defensive scheme stand point.

1) The Warriors put Klay on Harden and AI on Parsons. When Harden was going off, the Warriors didn't switch that pair. Why not? The Warriors chose to shut down all the ancillary players. They know Harden is going to get his anyways. Parsons has been killing us and AI held him to 8-24 shooting. Keeping him out of rhythm was a key.

2) Defensively, they guarded the 3 point line very well. The reason they did this was because they didn't hard double Howard in the post, like most teams do. JO played a fantastic game and was able to let him go straight up. The Warriors guards most times faked a double, only to recover back instantly. This caused Howard to move in a direction most times he was not comfortable with, without compromising the three point line.

3) The perimeter defense was great in stopping the dribble penetration. Other than Harden, no one was able to get anything going towards the basket. They gave ground and recovered very well. They forced the ball handlers towards help and made excellent rotations.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not interested in playing D? That's just ridiculous amigo. Being defensive minded and playing up tempo are not mutually exclusive. The Dubs are entirely focused and determined at the defensive end, and they do, for the most part, play as well as they are capable.