• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heath Farwell

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post this. What a cool thing for Carroll to do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see this news and I think him being a player coach is a plus for our special teams play.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Pete and John do this to help build a good reputation around the league with the players so that it will help convince free agents to come and play here? they also did this with a rookie that got hurt and waived but got to keep this rookie contract or something. Im sure they want to take care of heath but i think this helps with recruiting free agents

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Pete and John do this to help build a good reputation around the league with the players so that it will help convince free agents to come and play here? they also did this with a rookie that got hurt and waived but got to keep this rookie contract or something. Im sure they want to take care of heath but i think this helps with recruiting free agents

Yep, I think they do... and it's working

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see not everything is based on business. Cincy did a similar thing to that practice squad player whos kid has cancer.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I think pete and John do it because they care and it comes across to the players. It's hard to fake caring and that reputation helps bring free agents here but I don't think when they first decide to do something like this its all about using it to convince free agents to come here. Pete doesn't strike me as someone who cares about his reputation as much as just being a mentor to the young guys, and the good vibes just happen to be a happy side effect. At least that what I believe.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think pete and John do it because they care and it comes across to the players. It's hard to fake caring and that reputation helps bring free agents here but I don't think when they first decide to do something like this its all about using it to convince free agents to come here. Pete doesn't strike me as someone who cares about his reputation as much as just being a mentor to the young guys, and the good vibes just happen to be a happy side effect. At least that what I believe.

Agreed. I don't think they're doing it for the PR or as a means of attracting free agents in the future. I think it's being done out of a genuine belief that Farwell has something to offer the other players in a coaching/mentoring role and I think it's a sign of respect to Farwell for how he played in his time here. There are just certain unique circumstances where something like this will happen and it'll have a feel-good ending, but I don't think it's something that a lot of free agents necessarily put it high on their list of factors for choosing the places they choose to play.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly didn't mean my post as they are only doing for PR. I do believe it's genuine.

I just think they will go above and beyond what most other franchises do to take care of their players, part of the culture Pete is instilling.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks also did something similar with Garrett Scott. When they found a heart problem during a physical they put him on the IR instead of cutting him so he could keep the league insurance and pay him a years pay so he can get the whole heart issue fixed.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't hurt them in free agency, but I think that's more of a byproduct of this than their actual intention.

I dont think free agents are really that concerned with that. They're worried about cold, hard cash, starting roles and an opportunity to win.