• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Possibilities, Discussion

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor was not our problem

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Joseph or Shanny

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't always the solution either.

Well he beat to death ...when Simms says he is really impressed with him and were he was late in the season . he is fine . Our D and our team all rallied around him . they said he was not the problem . his one problem was solved late in falling to far in the pocket it was his fault in some of those sacks ..still he was not why were losing .

Elway was a stud but there was years were he was not the problem .. He lost and was not the solution either

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Shanahan is old enough .. not sure ...

I want him as our new Head coach

The other idea I liked

Tom Coughlin - Head Coach / Manage the whole team and keep the big personalities in check
Mike McCoy - OC / fix the offense and develop Paxton Lynch
Wade Phillips - DC / keep the defense in top form

This would be a damn fine bunch of NE killers ! Coughlin has there #

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of My concerns with Baby Shanny is the Father Cloud. How influential will Mike be even if it's informally behind the scenes? And secondly there will always be his Dad's legacy he would be compared to.

Plus - where do you go to dinner, Shanahan's or Elway's?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm All In with Lynn!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of My concerns with Baby Shanny is the Father Cloud. How influential will Mike be even if it's informally behind the scenes? And secondly there will always be his Dad's legacy he would be compared to.

Plus - where do you go to dinner, Shanahan's or Elway's?

Elways for public consumption
Shanahans for clandestine meetings with pop

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Coughlin.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he beat to death ...when Simms says he is really impressed with him and were he was late in the season . he is fine . Our D and our team all rallied around him . they said he was not the problem . his one problem was solved late in falling to far in the pocket it was his fault in some of those sacks ..still he was not why were losing .

Elway was a stud but there was years were he was not the problem .. He lost and was not the solution either

Simms says a lot of things so not sure how much I'm going to pay attention to him.

And if you think depth of Siemian’s drop backs was the only problem then well you missed some things that he struggled with…

1) He struggled with throws to the right. He had one of the lowest QB ratings in the league on passes to the right side of the field. He also struggled with throwing over the middle. Honestly he just refused to do it. He stuck with his comfort zone of the left side and defenses adjusted taking a lot of that away. It is why teams just sat on those quick outs to the left side and had a few of those picked off.

2) He struggled to get through his progressions. Just go watch how often Sanders is open. Siemian a lot of times made up his mind where he was throwing the football before the ball was snapped. Which is fine if you are Peyton Manning and actually see the guy who is going to be open but with Siemian again he stuck with his comfort zone or the first read. Missed some huge plays down the field that had nothing to do with protection in front of him.

3) Injuries. He doesn’t know how to take a hit. From what I have heard today he is having surgery on his shoulder. One injury I’m willing to discount it to bad luck but this is becoming a consistent issue. I just don’t think he has the body to hold up in the NFL.

All of this doesn’t mean that he can’t improve or won’t be a starter in this league again next year. There is just plenty of reason that when asked around the league what the value of Siemian would be in a trade many NFL personnel have responded with he is untradeable. He is viewed in the quality back up/lower end starter area of the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be an interesting pick. Might not excite the fans quite as much as Shanahan but still could be a very good choice. His special teams units have dominated for years.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see Kyle Shanahan coming - you need new glasses. I would be very surprised if it didn't happen.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see Kyle Shanahan coming - you need new glasses. I would be very surprised if it didn't happen.

Everything that I hear in the local news (radio & TV) says that it's a two horse race between Kyle Shanahan and Vance Joseph. Of course that could change in an instant with Elway pulling the levers. The playoffs will slow the interview process down but it sounds like Elway wants to get his man ASAP.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that I hear in the local news (radio & TV) says that it's a two horse race between Kyle Shanahan and Vance Joseph. Of course that could change in an instant with Elway pulling the levers. The playoffs will slow the interview process down but it sounds like Elway wants to get his man ASAP.

I love Vance Joseph - I might hire him, but he is being mentioned (I'm sad to say) for his ethnicity in this case - Kyle Shanahan allows the Broncos to keep Wade Phillips - and building the Kubiak legacy and offense. Otherwise - Vance Joseph doesn't make sense in this situation - it creates a problem with the D coaches and it doesn't solve the problem with the offense.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Vance Joseph - I might hire him, but he is being mentioned (I'm sad to say) for his ethnicity in this case - Kyle Shanahan allows the Broncos to keep Wade Phillips - and building the Kubiak legacy and offense. Otherwise - Vance Joseph doesn't make sense in this situation - it creates a problem with the D coaches and it doesn't solve the problem with the offense.

No doubt it could be the Rooney rule in effect regarding Vance Joseph but Elway reportedly really likes him. Most of the local media agree that an offensive coach makes the most sense, since they can retain Wade and have him do what he does with the defense, while the new HC fixes the offense. However, there are some that think Elway would be fine with Joseph coming in and losing Wade. Ya just never know when it comes to John Elway!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say good chance Vance Joseph would keep Wade though. Worked under him in Houston and actually credits him with being one of his biggest mentors. Kubiak fits in that category as well.

Something to keep in mind is that Elway talked a lot about the next coach needing to be a great communicator and person who can work with a lot of different personalities among the players/coaches/FO. In the past this is an area that Kyle Shanahan has struggled a lot. I would recommend reading up on his relationaship with Donovan McNabb and RGIII.

He also was thought to have hired a staff around himself in Washington that lacked much experience and had no checks and balances to really help balance him out.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms says a lot of things so not sure how much I'm going to pay attention to him.

And if you think depth of Siemian’s drop backs was the only problem then well you missed some things that he struggled with…

1) He struggled with throws to the right. He had one of the lowest QB ratings in the league on passes to the right side of the field. He also struggled with throwing over the middle. Honestly he just refused to do it. He stuck with his comfort zone of the left side and defenses adjusted taking a lot of that away. It is why teams just sat on those quick outs to the left side and had a few of those picked off.

2) He struggled to get through his progressions. Just go watch how often Sanders is open. Siemian a lot of times made up his mind where he was throwing the football before the ball was snapped. Which is fine if you are Peyton Manning and actually see the guy who is going to be open but with Siemian again he stuck with his comfort zone or the first read. Missed some huge plays down the field that had nothing to do with protection in front of him.

3) Injuries. He doesn’t know how to take a hit. From what I have heard today he is having surgery on his shoulder. One injury I’m willing to discount it to bad luck but this is becoming a consistent issue. I just don’t think he has the body to hold up in the NFL.

All of this doesn’t mean that he can’t improve or won’t be a starter in this league again next year. There is just plenty of reason that when asked around the league what the value of Siemian would be in a trade many NFL personnel have responded with he is untradeable. He is viewed in the quality back up/lower end starter area of the league.
Nobody is going to convince Cd that " his boy " Lynch is Denver's savior. He needs that. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to convince Cd that " his boy " Lynch is Denver's savior. He needs that. :)

So please provide me with anything that I said was wrong on Siemian?

It has been proven he struggles to throw to the middle and right side of the field. This was true the entire season.
It is easy to see that he struggled to go through his progressions. He at times would throw into triple coverage because that was his first read instead of seeing Sanders running across the middle with nobody within 10 yards of him. Young QB's all struggle with this. Lynch struggled with this when he got his starts.
Injuries--Can you really refute that he has struggled with injuries throughout college and now the pros?

I never said he won't or can't start in this league. He has some tools that you really like.

I think he is a smart player. Has a good arm. When healthy is very accurate. Good locker room kid. Stays pretty cool under pressure.

He has plenty to work with and it wouldnt' surprise me if he won the starting job again next year for the Broncos. I just think his ceiling is lower than that of Lynch. Doesn't mean I don't like the kid. Can I not like 2 QB's at the same time?