• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks sign Eric Winston

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any O-line depth/competition is welcome at this point.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a RT, correct?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Bright side, Carpenter looks like a totally different player. Watching him trying to move around last year was painful. He looks good this year weight wise. I hope it means his play also looks totally different. It's to bad he got a little nicked up in Tuesdays practice before the camera's came on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Bright side, Carpenter looks like a totally different player. Watching him trying to move around last year was painful. He looks good this year weight wise. I hope it means his play also looks totally different. It's to bad he got a little nicked up in Tuesdays practice before the camera's came on.

Yes indeed! It's about time Carpenter came to camp in shape. Seahawks are going need him this year, I'm crossing my fingers he can stay healthy.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Winston signing says to me that we aren't impressed with either Bowie or Britt. I'm holding my breath on this one

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Winston signing says to me that we aren't impressed with either Bowie or Britt. I'm holding my breath on this one

Well Bowie came to camp out of shape and then suffered a injury, Britt...won't you know it, good in the run game, not so good at pass blocking. This drafting of OL who are not great at pass blocking( but good at run blocking) has got to stop.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed! It's about time Carpenter came to camp in shape. Seahawks are going need him this year, I'm crossing my fingers he can stay healthy.

It is always a red flag for me when a player has motiviational problems (showing up out of shape for example), underachieves for several years and then suddenly shows up to camp in shape and look the best of his career in a contract year.

Hopefully he plays great this year but I hesitiate to give him a long term deal no matter how he performs this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a side-by-side comparison of Carpenter during last year's camp and this year's camp. The difference in his physique from last year to this year is ridiculous. Doesn't look like the same guy. I don't care if he only did it because it's a contract year as long as he helps the offensive line play better. As jakedog said, all the Seahawks have to do is remember what he looked like and played like in his first couple of years in the league and not get too caught up in his changes for this season when it comes to making the decision whether to keep him beyond this year or not.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but remember that the absolute theme of this team is "competition." Carroll and Schneider aren't going to let anyone just have a job on this team. If they want to motivate a guy, they'll bring someone in to compete for his job.

That, plus the safety of a reliable veteran presence, is what the Winston signing says to me.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's a solid guy. He is probably more suited to be a backup swing tackle now rather than a starter. He's neither great nor terrible in the passing & run games.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hawks just brought him on to see what he can do he could be cut somewhere around the preseason the cardinals didnt bring him back for a reason this is probably more of a competition move

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's a solid guy. He is probably more suited to be a backup swing tackle now rather than a starter. He's neither great nor terrible in the passing & run games.

I respectfully disagree. I think at this point in his career with his knees, he is a great character guy and a pinch hit service kind of player. He was getting run OVER the last couple seasons.