• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you ever cried over a sporting event?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confession time. This could be for happy reasons or sad reasons, or just because you like to cry. And no, complaining over a bad call doesn't count unless you actually shed tears over it.

I'll start. There have been two times I cried. 1991 NFC championship game when the New York Giants beat the Niners 15-13 on a field goal as time expired. Before that FG, Roger Craig fumbled and the Giants hurt Joe Montana (again!). Ended the Niners' threepeat attempt. I was 11 years old then, so I think I should get a pass.

The other time was when the 1993 San Francisco Giants missed out on the postseason on the last day of the regular season. Giants had led the West almost all season and then fell behind by 5 games in the last month. They made a furious comeback to tie the Braves only to be blown out by the Dodgers in Game 162 after the Braves finished a season sweep of the Rockies earlier that day (something like 13-0 against Colorado that season. Damn the Rockies!!). I was 14 years old then, so looking back at it now, I feel ridiculous.

I'm gonna check back here Saturday to see if you have added the 49ers losing to the Vikings! :suds:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit that slant right when he got into the game for like 20 yards. He looked sharp.

Young only threw one pass and didn't have a rush, which is understandable because he came in late and they were trying to run out the clock. You just always wish you could have that chance back when your team had a chance of doing something unprecedented or very rare. I felt that way about the Warriors last season. Didn't cry because I'm too old for that. LOL. No NBA team has won 4 of 5 since the '60s Celtics and such an opportunity might never come again for any NBA team let alone the Warriors.

Niners-Bills Super Bowl would've been a lot of fun. I have faith the Niners would've won, but the Bills were awesome during that run of success. Maybe that Niners loss changed the Bills' history, too, and they would've won a Lombardi in 1991 and never become famous for going 0 for 4.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna check back here Saturday to see if you have added the 49ers losing to the Vikings! :suds:

I already lived the 1988 NFC playoff loss to the Vikings. No repeat please. I was only 8 then and was thinking that this Anthony Carter guy might even be more unstoppable than Jerry Rice. LOL.

No, I didn't cry. Not sure why I didn't. I should have. Maybe it was because the only other Niners playoff game I watched up to that point was the 49-3 shellacking to the NYG the year before where Montana got knocked out, so the 1988 Vikings loss was easier to take. By 1991 when I did cry, I was then fully spoiled and expecting the Niners to win the Super Bowl every year.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I won my state bowling tournament that’s about as close as I’ve ever gotten

No, you misunderstood. He said sports.

J/k man, good job, better than I've ever done.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs winning the World Series. State championship in high school football.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My jr year of football we lost one game in the regular season. Our defense gave up negative yards total for the game. I didn't play defense. Our offense did good between the 20s but we didn't score a TD all day. Up 6-0 on two field goals with like 3 mins left to play. Kicking a FG to pretty much seal the W. Two of us blockers got beat on the play. His guy blocked the kick, the guy I was supposed to block caught it cleanly on 1 bounce and took it to the house. We lost 7-6. And then had a 45 min bus ride home. Some tears were shed.

Sr year we had a superstar QB, I literally saw him throw the ball 75 yards in the air before. But our whole team was stacked. USA today newspaper had us ranked like 16 or 17 in ths nation out of every high school team. I think we were the only school not from Cali, Texas, or Florida even in the top 25. State Semi finals ended up pretty much exactly how the movie Varsity Blues ended. Honestly I dont remember if I cried, I was so numb and empty inside. I know I cried the one time I watched that stupid movie though. Never did that again.

Only time I think I ever cried watching sports was the Keri Strugg vault. And it wasn't a full on cry, but I remember like watching it thinking how cool it was, then I like gasped and had some chest pain. Took a couple quick shaky breaths and had tears at the corners of my eyes. But then I was ok. Caught me by surprise how deeply invested I had become.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... unless I was too young to remember.

It's a fucking sports contest. Crying over that? Seriously, if you're past... 8-9 (around the age I VIVIDLY remember most things - like fucking a young Denise Richards) and are crying about this kind of shit? Sterilization. Immediately. The fuck are you CRYING for?

Friends/family (after rooting for the Seahawks when I was 8/9 when they weren't that good): "WERE YOU GOING NUTS and SCREAMING DOWN THE STREET!?!?!"
Me: "No. I was in a room by myself (no Super Bowl party which are for losers) and nodded silently, gave a quick fist in front of me, and poured a drink to watch the post-game."

Seriously this Country is running a bunch of fags. Crying over a sporting event. SERIOUSLY? A # of you are on notice with this thread...

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Packers team really should've won more than one Super Bowl.
Definitely were good enough in 1995. Should have won in 1997 as well. Feel like we had the best team that year. 1998 would have been tough. Minnesota and Denver were playing better ball, but I am still bitter over that game against the 49ers in the wildcard round. Rice CLEARLY fumbled

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely were good enough in 1995. Should have won in 1997 as well. Feel like we had the best team that year. 1998 would have been tough. Minnesota and Denver were playing better ball, but I am still bitter over that game against the 49ers in the wildcard round. Rice CLEARLY fumbled

Yeah, the Packers beat the perceived best or second best team of the 1994-1995 season, the Niners, so I definitely liked their chances of taking down the Cowboys.

I've always liked replay, but I remember thinking, "man, it's a good thing the NFL got rid of replay," during that 1998 game. LOL.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were able to see it live instead of tape delay? I think I read that it was broadcast live in Canada. Kinda lame that it was broadcast on tape delay in the United States.
Actually wasn't it in New York? I think it was only delayed a couple hours and only on the West coast

I was living in Houston at the time

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried actually. Only 6.5 pt favorites at home,.Minny odds best chance of division round upset.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched that as well. Can still hear the announcer yelling Eruzione Scores!!! Mike Eruzione!!! on the go ahead / game winning goal. The place went nuts.

Can't say I cried though.

Now, if you asked how many times I've cussed and thrown things over a sporting event.. Probably couldn't count. But even then not for a long time. I'm way too old to get that worked up over a sporting event I'm not actually involved in.
People forget they had to beat an almost as good Finland team the next game to win gold. The gold made it all the more awesome.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still probably many years off at best. Rebuilding the Key was yet another in a LONG ASS LINE of epic blunders by that city council. Parking is going to be worse than it was before and it was unbearable.

I hear ya, they've made it tough at every turn... The Key is suppose to be NBA ready though when done so we'll see... Seattle's parking is bad though...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, they've made it tough at every turn... The Key is suppose to be NBA ready though when done so we'll see... Seattle's parking is bad though...
Parking is for shit at the Warriors new place, Chase Center. That was almost on purpose, tons of public trans there plus Ubers

Parking is way less of a thing with Uber. For same price as parking next to the arena you park 2 miles away and Uber

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't openly weep but my eyes got watery when the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the 1998 NFC Championship game.

That was a really good Vikings team that year, just had bad luck in that game... Randal, Moss, Carter.. Dam near unstoppable offense... That team probably wins it all had they won that game.. Broncos were a tough nut to crack but that Vikings team had a shot...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really good Vikings team that year, just had bad luck in that game... Randal, Moss, Carter.. Dam near unstoppable offense... That team probably wins it all had they won that game.. Broncos were a tough nut to crack but that Vikings team had a shot...

More than a shot it seemed. That Vikings team looked like a juggernaut.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.
As an adult Male.
You shouldnt cry over sports. (Happy or sad)
(unless you are one of those guys that literally bet their house on a game & lost everything)

Now I have gotten mad at losses, but never cried.