• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you ever cried over a sporting event?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time and one time only. When Joey Chestnut won Nathan’s Wiener eating contest. Breaking the record held by @Peter Gozintite. Not only the most eaten but the most wieners in your mouth at one time. Figured Peter would hold that record forever.
Oh, you're still on my dick? Do better loose caboose.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time and one time only. When Joey Chestnut won Nathan’s Wiener eating contest. Breaking the record held by @Peter Gozintite. Not only the most eaten but the most wieners in your mouth at one time. Figured Peter would hold that record forever.

Joey Chestnut is from my hometown. I was friends with his brother and I was in concert band and marching band under his dad for a short period of time. He's probably the greatest athlete in Vallejo history, and that's saying something when you consider that CC Sabathia and Jeff Gordon are from Vallejo. Dick Bass, Tug McGraw and Mark Munoz are also from Vallejo.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for me, I've never cried or even come close to it over a sporting event I participated in. If someone booed, I just felt like saying screw you. Cheering never lifted me up or anything. If I had the talent to be a pro at any sport, I'm sure I would've been a wonderful post game interview. LOL.

I was so embarrassed. Couldn't help it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that. What did you shoot in that last round? 90? 100? You don't have to say.
Let's say I got a 13 on a par 5 and leave it at that. Lol

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junior year of high school. Final football game of the season.

All week they showed us tape and one play was always the same: HB motion out of the wishbone, the team would fake a dive and run a pitch to the outside.

Didn't see the formation and motion all game until mid 4th quarter. They come out in the formation and do the motion. Even before the snap I am cheating towards the outside knowing the pitch is coming.

Instead of faking the dive and pitching it, they handed it off to the fullback who takes it right through the A gap 45 yards for a TD.

The A gap was my responsibility.

All those seniors on that team never played another snap of football because I didn't cover my gap.

I might start crying again.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB5....I was 12
Dallas had lost the two championship games to the packers in 66 & 67. They lost two division round games to Cleveland in 68 & 69 when they were heavy favorites. Couldn't take the SB5 loss.

Thankfully Captain America became the QB in 71 and the next years champions tag was finally off the Cowboys back

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gets me...

I was only 1 then. Man, I wish I was already watching sports and watched that game live. I think I heard that very few people were able to watch it live.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gets me...

I heard that a lot of people also cried when Secretariat won the Belmont Stakes in 1973. Another great sports moment before my time.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only 1 then. Man, I wish I was already watching sports and watched that game live. I think I heard that very few people were able to watch it live.

It was delayed on TV but nobody knew the outcome. No internet. No cell phones.

I was 13. I watched it on a 13 inch black and white tv in my room. It was amazing!! Lotta players from Boston on that team so it was a big deal in Boston. At that age I didn’t appreciate the political ramifications of the game. It wasn’t until much much later that I did. Like I said... it still gets me. Very very different time in America.

Years later I can recall hearing the story of the Iranian hostages being released and they were shown a video that the state department made of all the big things they missed. Reports were when they were shown this it got the biggest reaction from all of them.

lotta people take for granted what we have now. For some reason this event brings back a lot of memories from that era.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that a lot of people also cried when Secretariat won the Belmont Stakes in 1973. Another great sports moment before my time.

that’s another one that gets me. What a race. The movie puts it in even better context.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in Pop Warner Football. I was playing OT, the other teams coach had his whole D-Line chop blocking all over the place and the refs weren't doing anything about it. So the next time we lined up, I threw a forearm in the neck of the DT and took him out of the game.

Of course I did it right in front of the Ref, got thrown out of the game, PW football, and cried.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of.

My parents left me at home with my uncle Charles for Super Bowl XVIII (Redskins vs Raiders) when I was 10.

They told uncle Charles to keep an eye on me while they went to the bar to watch the game with friends. I was sitting on the couch watching the game and uncle Charles was sitting next to me zoning out at the TV screen.

All of the sudden he sat up and said "Oh no... speed ball, speed ball!" He just kept repeating those words, "speed ball!" I figured he was talking about the game, and I was so absorbed in the beating the Raiders were handing down I didn't look away from the TV. About 20 minutes later my dad walked into the room to find my uncle slouched over on the couch with foam coming out of his mouth and nose while I was sitting less than 3 feet away calmly watching the Raiders celebrate.

My dad raced over to Charles and started shaking his body, and when Charles didn't wake up he flipped out, kicked the TV and stormed out of the room to call an ambulance.

A few minutes after the paramedics took my uncle's body away my dad kicked open my bedroom door and beat me mercilessly with a set of jumper cables.

I didn't understand that Charles had died of a drug overdose until years later, and when I found out what a speedball was I realized that he probably hadn't been talking about the Raiders passing attack.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of.

My parents left me at home with my uncle Charles for Super Bowl XVIII (Redskins vs Raiders) when I was 10.

They told uncle Charles to keep an eye on me while they went to the bar to watch the game with friends. I was sitting on the couch watching the game and uncle Charles was sitting next to me zoning out at the TV screen.

All of the sudden he sat up and said "Oh no... speed ball, speed ball!" He just kept repeating those words, "speed ball!" I figured he was talking about the game, and I was so absorbed in the beating the Raiders were handing down I didn't look away from the TV. About 20 minutes later my dad walked into the room to find my uncle slouched over on the couch with foam coming out of his mouth and nose while I was sitting less than 3 feet away calmly watching the Raiders celebrate.

My dad raced over to Charles and started shaking his body, and when Charles didn't wake up he flipped out, kicked the TV and stormed out of the room to call an ambulance.

A few minutes after the paramedics took my uncle's body away my dad kicked open my bedroom door and beat me mercilessly with a set of jumper cables.

I didn't understand that Charles had died of a drug overdose until years later, and when I found out what a speedball was I realized that he probably hadn't been talking about the Raiders passing attack.

Hmmn. I wouldn't blame a ten year old in that situation. I would blame myself for picking that person to watch my kid. I'm guessing that Uncle Charles was your dad's brother, not your mom's brother. I'm really hoping that you made up this story. If not, man, it sounds like you had a tough upbringing. Sorry and RIP Uncle Charles.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Age 9. One of my strongest childhood memories even if I barely understood why it mattered so much

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of.

As soon as he walked in your bedroom you should have said “hey dad... better not try and start anything in here!”

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no

What kinda poosay cries over sports?

Suck it up you bunch of fhegs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no

What kinda poosay cries over sports?

Suck it up you bunch of fhegs.

I thought one could cry as long as it wasn't over baseball. Okay, one of my moments was over baseball.

giphy.gif