• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, if he even blocked 2 a game that would be unheard of freaking historic shit man....that would be like the 2nd coming of Ben Wallace

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill give ya a chance to revise that bat-shit crazy number....

There's nothing to revise. He's a shot blocker. He will be between 2.5 & 3 if he continues to start and get 25+ MPG

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to revise. He's a shot blocker. He will be between 2.5 & 3 if he continues to start and get 25+ MPG

ohh ok...2.5 now....i mean...at least that wouldnt mkae him the best shot blocker in the NBA....he wouldnt quite be on Anthony Davis level....YET!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serge Ibaka, Roy Hibbert- eat your heart-out....you have not played until you have seen the power of the WHITE SIDE!!!!! lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing at home vs. Milwaukee tonight with no Larry Sanders you would think he should get some decent run....ZaZa v. Whiteside?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude.... if this kid came off the street and averaged 3 blocks a game it would be historic....it would be like Ben Wallace 2.0.

I even said- I realize it takes big men a long time to develop- and this kid does have some bulk as a 7 footer which is not something that comes along very often- but give it some time. I have to believe there is a reason he was a street free agent.

but even 2 blocks a game would just be CRAZY GOOD. It would EASILY be the pickup of the season - and one of the best free agent pickups in the games history.

Forgive me if 18 games in I am skeptical.

that being said- If he did that triple double game tonight against the Bucks without Larry Sanders- thats one thing. It definitely opened my eyes a little bit that he did that against the Bulls frontcourt that is one of the deepest and best in the league.

as a Mac guy - i would be rooting for him if he was not on the heat, lol....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude.... if this kid came off the street and averaged 3 blocks a game it would be historic....it would be like Ben Wallace 2.0.

I even said- I realize it takes big men a long time to develop- and this kid does have some bulk as a 7 footer which is not something that comes along very often- but give it some time. I have to believe there is a reason he was a street free agent.

but even 2 blocks a game would just be CRAZY GOOD. It would EASILY be the pickup of the season - and one of the best free agent pickups in the games history.

Forgive me if 18 games in I am skeptical.

that being said- If he did that triple double game tonight against the Brewers without Larry Sanders- thats one thing. It definitely opened my eyes a little bit that he did that against the Bulls frontcourt that is one of the deepest and best in the league.

as a Mac guy - i would be rooting for him if he was not on the heat, lol....

It only took you about 3 games to declare JR Smith the most important Cavs acquisition since Lebron came back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 rebounds at half tonight.

Can't teach height

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only took you about 3 games to declare JR Smith the most important Cavs acquisition since Lebron came back.

Mozgov is def more important- but if Jr Smith keeps shooting over 40% on 3's and keeps his head out of his ass....yah....

I mean think about it- Jr Smith actually WANTS to be here- he came from a dumpster fire of a Knicks team- and all of a sudden isntead of being relied on to be either the teams 2nd or 3rd best scorer and being game planned for every night----- he is going to get WIDE OPEN looks because of the attention the Cavs big 3 bring, he will never be game planned for- and he will never be the focus of the other teams defense....that AND he is playing for a winner...

compare that to Dion- who HONESTLY thought he was better than Kyrie and Love. Who did not like Kyrie personally. He did NOT want to be here and constantly complained about his role.

that net +- cannot be understated.

plus anyone that knows the game knows that Jr Smith is a pure shooter from the outside-

I loved Dion- but he is not a pure outside shooter- hes a slasher- and thats the last thing the Cavs needed.....

Jr Smith is honestly a huge improvement in so many ways over Dion- the biggest of which is he wanted to be here and Dion did not....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said- if this was the Cavs team of last year-and they traded Dion for Jr Smith- i would have lost my shit.....like seriously been extremely pissed.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. Cannot talk sense to Cavs fans. You guys remind me of some Heat fans circa 2010. Only worse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing zaza pachulia to a standstill! well, Henson too...and i actually think Henson would be a great pickup for a contender.

what does that have to do with rebounding? Your excuses for him being a good rebounder is fucking hilarious.

He also rebounded well against Gibson/Noah/Gasol and Jordan/Griffin

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does that have to do with rebounding? Your excuses for him being a good rebounder is fucking hilarious.

He also rebounded well against Gibson/Noah/Gasol and Jordan/Griffin

you guys are losing to the Bucks without their best big man

hassan is definitely rebounding well against Pachulia and Henson- but he is also 1/6...

If you are trying to say that the is doing his role considering who he is very well then i would totally agree with you. The Heat needed a center- and to find a guy that will give you solid minutes off teh street is a humongous plus.

But if you would take him in a draft of the top 40 big men in the league that would be crazy - and you think he will be a top 15 rebounder and top 5 shotblocker in the league

i mean, what would y ou expect me to say?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are losing to the Bucks without their best big man

hassan is definitely rebounding well against Pachulia and Henson- but he is also 1/6...

If you are trying to say that the is doing his role considering who he is very well then i would totally agree with you. The Heat needed a center- and to find a guy that will give you solid minutes off teh street is a humongous plus.

But if you would take him in a draft of the top 40 big men in the league that would be crazy - and you think he will be a top 15 rebounder and top 5 shotblocker in the league

i mean, what would y ou expect me to say?

I'm guessing you have not watched the game? He's 1/6 but they came on bad misses. He missed a dunk and 2 bunnies.....shots he will hit on most nights.

Who said anything about taking him in a draft of big men?

It is not rocket science to see if a player is a good rebounder or not. The guy is avg over 10 RPG anytime he plays 20+ MPG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov just started a fastbreak with a block that ended with a Klove transition 3 :) after a lackluster first quarter where they were losing 19-17 the Cavs are up 65-53

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you have not watched the game? He's 1/6 but they came on bad misses. He missed a dunk and 2 bunnies.....shots he will hit on most nights.

Who said anything about taking him in a draft of big men?

It is not rocket science to see if a player is a good rebounder or not. The guy is avg over 10 RPG anytime he plays 20+ MPG.

I am just saying- with the stats you said you expected out of him that would make him EASILY a top 5 shotblocker and top 15 rebounder in the league

and i think that is just so totally crazy i cannot even comprehend it for a guy that was pumping gas 6 weeks ago. That simply does not happen in the NBA. If it does happen it would be something historic- and right now- call me skeptical- but i am not seeing history being re-wrote vs. the ZaZa and the Bucks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying- with the stats you said you expected out of him that would make him EASILY a top 5 shotblocker and top 15 rebounder in the league

and i think that is just so totally crazy i cannot even comprehend it for a guy that was pumping gas 6 weeks ago. That simply does not happen in the NBA. If it does happen it would be something historic- and right now- call me skeptical- but i am not seeing history being re-wrote vs. the ZaZa and the Bucks

I don't think anyone expected a triple double....

What history did you expect tonight? Seriously

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so hard to do it on a night in-night out basis in the NBA....all i am saying is give it till the end of March- where we can see the how the rigors of the NBA season, scouting, and playing against starters effects the guy.

If he is going for 8 and 10 on a nightly basis by the end of March i will be the first person to eat a big pile of crow.

I see a guy like TT with all the talent in the world- have huge nights here and there- but its so hard to do it EVERY night to maintain a 10 rebound average. Its why only 13 guys in the league average double digit rebounds. Of course with Tristan- PT and the rest of the guys make ita little tough

Whiteside should get a ton of opps in Miami which is undoubtedly part of your argument which has a lot of merit to it.....who is he competing for rebounds with? perimter Bosh? ancient Haslem? 20 minutes a night Anderson?