• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Wiggy is typing from both sides of his keyboard again. :lol:

"80 minutes together! shit! we should hand them the trophy if all 3 ever play a bunch together... - Wiggy

"expecting the Cavs to win a championship this season is unfair because they need to have time to learn each others games and come together as a team. Lebron even said so himself." - Wiggy

a coach that has never coached in the NBA and a team that only returned 3 of its players and made major in season moves vs....? what?

alrighty then

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a coach that has never coached in the NBA and a team that only returned 3 of its players and made major in season moves vs....? what?

alrighty then

Such a LAME attempt.

You made all of your predictions IN SPITE of what you are now trying to say.

I hope you improve your debate skills if you are planing to be any type of trial attorney.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

alrighty then

Uh, how about vs. a team that had a ton of injuries and one of the "big 3", while on a great run, is a complete unknown. He could be a 7 foot version of Linsanity, he could be the real deal or he could be anything in between.

Bottom line, you made a dumb post and had it pointed out. Just admit it and move on instead of coming up with a weak defense of it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Jan 1, Whiteside has the highest PER in the league (32.0), better than Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, LeBron James and James Harden. He's also on pace to have the fourth-highest rebound percentage while on the floor in league history.

Cleveland fans feeling dumb yet?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night he had a subpar game but was still solid as he went for 7,9, & 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Jan 1, Whiteside has the highest PER in the league (32.0), better than Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, LeBron James and James Harden. He's also on pace to have the fourth-highest rebound percentage while on the floor in league history.

first off on numerous posts here i have been complimentary of Whiteside- at the beginning i was skeptical because he has hardly played. If you dont believe that a quick check of posts on this very thread will cure your ignorance

2nd off....

since the game on Christmas vs. the Cavs where Whiteside played 8 minutes- the vast majority of games he has played in he has gotten decent minutes besides the games where he was out hurt (one of which they won- the other one which they lost- I believe he missed 2 games).

What is the Heats record since December 25?

8-13

the Heat started the season 5-2

there record right now?

22-29

and barely hanging on to a playoff spot in the East.

just saying.....

so you ask me how stupid I am feeling after giving this kid what i feel is a very deserved amount of credit as evidenced by numerous posts on this very thread?

my answer would be- "not very"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one thing does not look like the other

32-21

27-25

35-16

41-9

22-29

ohh...so your saying he hasnt played all season? Since he has started playing decent minutes

8-13

now i am not saying he is bad- quite contrarily- he has played awesome....but for you to put him in that company and act like its a huge thing he has this huge PER in limited minutes- compare him to the results that those other players deliver. And please- dont say- oohhh well those guys play with other great players--- all you have done is rip on how bad the Cavs are without LeBron- without Davis the Pelicans are sunk, without Curry you can kiss that #1 seed good bad and put the GSW battling with the rest of the West.

I like Whiteside- but when you compare him to those guys you make yourself look extremely foolish.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we are basing a player's ability off his team's record is safe to Kyrie Irving hasn't been a very good PG until LeBron showed up?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we are basing a player's ability off his team's record is safe to Kyrie Irving hasn't been a very good PG until LeBron showed up?

i definitely see your point- but thats why i said it was so foolish to compare him to LeBron, Curry, Davis, Harden-

those guys ACTUALLY can bring up a team all by themselves. Its clear Kyrie Irving could not do that for the Cavs at age 21 (its yet to be determined if he could do that in his prime at 25). Its clear Whiteside cant do that.

I have said I like Whiteside a lot- but please- Curry, LeBron and Davis? I think someones been hitting the sauce a little early

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never compared their games lol, just stating that he has a higher PER in 2015 than they do.

Calling him the Jeremy Lin of Bigs isn't really giving him credit. All I did was point out how well he has been playing. Chris Anderson said just the other day that Whiteside is "10 times better" than him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never compared their games lol, just stating that he has a higher PER in 2015 than they do.

Calling him the Jeremy Lin of Bigs isn't really giving him credit. All I did was point out how well he has been playing. Chris Anderson said just the other day that Whiteside is "10 times better" than him.

Whiteside only started playing regular minutes just about the very end of December/beginning of January. In that time he has also missed two games.

So- AT MOST- he has played regular minutes in about 20 games.

how much praise can you possibly give a guy for 20 games- of which his team has had a losing record?

I just cannot corronate a guy as even one of the best at his position when he has only played a quarter of the season.

I think it was effusive and borderline overboard praise when I said right now he is right about outside the top 10 centers in a group with about 5-6 other guys.

To call a guy one of the top 11-16 starting centers in the league after 20 games I think is about as high praise as I can bestow on a guy unless he absolutely turned the team around and they were dominating games- which of course we know is not true because of the Heats losing record and precarious hold on the 8th seed in the East.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside only started playing regular minutes just about the very end of December/beginning of January. In that time he has also missed two games.

how much praise can you possibly give a guy for 20 games- of which his team has had a losing record?

I just cannot corronate a guy as even one of the best at his position when he has only played a quarter of the season.

I think it was effusive and borderline overboard praise when I said right now he is right about outside the top 10 centers in a group with about 5-6 other guys.

To call a guy one of the top 11-16 starting centers in the league after 20 games I think is about as high praise as I can bestow on a guy unless he absolutely turned the team around and they were dominating games- which of course we know is not true because of the Heats losing record and precarious hold on the 8th seed in the East.

You're right about that one, I forgot about that. I can't read all of your posts because they're always long-winded and sometimes redundant, but I actually did read that one. The "Cleveland fans feeling dumb yet?" may have been a little much.

I thought the rebounding stat was more impressive than the PER on limited minutes. When he's in the game he has been snagging the boards at a historical rate so far. The thing about Jeremy Lin is that he doesn't have near the natural talent that Whiteside has, he just played out of his mind for a relatively short stretch. Whiteside just has to stay healthy really.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right about that one, I forgot about that. I can't read all of your posts because they're always long-winded and sometimes redundant, but I actually did read that one. The "Cleveland fans feeling dumb yet?" may have been a little much.

I thought the rebounding stat was more impressive than the PER on limited minutes. When he's in the game he has been snagging the boards at a historical rate so far. The thing about Jeremy Lin is that he doesn't have near the natural talent that Whiteside has, he just played out of his mind for a relatively short stretch. Whiteside just has to stay healthy really.

Whiteside could get a big head too. If he stays healthy and humble and keeps his nose clean he could really make himself a lot of money in about a year and half.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Outlaw's post specifically said since Jan. 1 and didn't say he was one of the best in the game. He simply posted a stat showing how he has compared to them since Jan. 1.

It's like you're arguing just to have a reason to post something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Outlaw's post specifically said since Jan. 1 and didn't say he was one of the best in the game. He simply posted a stat showing how he has compared to them since Jan. 1.

It's like you're arguing just to have a reason to post something.

dude

when the post is completed with the words

"are the Cleveland people feeling dumb yet"

yah- i think thats a pretty clear invitation to get into it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude

when the post is completed with the words

"are the Cleveland people feeling dumb yet"

yah- i think thats a pretty clear invitation to get into it

Dude, there was nothing to argue about. The parameters he used were the same one's that you used to try and argue his post. He also never said that Whiteside was one of the best in the game, he only showed how Whiteside compared since Jan. 1.

Basically, you argued points that were never made. As of right now, Whiteside's run is like Jeremy Lin's "Linsanity" run. During Linsanity, his numbers compared favorably to the best in the league and the best that have ever played. The fact that he turned out to be a serviceable at best PG, doesn't change how his numbers compared during "Linsanity."

The same holds true for Whiteside. He may prove to be nothing more than a 7 foot Jeremy Lin, but if he does, that won't change what he has accomplished during this run or how it compares to the best players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there was nothing to argue about. The parameters he used were the same one's that you used to try and argue his post. He also never said that Whiteside was one of the best in the game, he only showed how Whiteside compared since Jan. 1.

Basically, you argued points that were never made. As of right now, Whiteside's run is like Jeremy Lin's "Linsanity" run. During Linsanity, his numbers compared favorably to the best in the league and the best that have ever played. The fact that he turned out to be a serviceable at best PG, doesn't change how his numbers compared during "Linsanity."

The same holds true for Whiteside. He may prove to be nothing more than a 7 foot Jeremy Lin, but if he does, that won't change what he has accomplished during this run or how it compares to the best players.

just as long as what you are comparing is put in perspective I agree

PER is a per minute- so if you arent playing many minutes it does not matter.

Obviously everyone knows that its easier to maintain that kind of pace over a smaller amount of minutes compared to a larger amount

your comparing apples to wrenches.

and if you REALLY want to compare I said compare wins and losses. LeBron, Curry, Durant, Harden, Davis are all good enough to lift a ship all by themselves

Whiteside does not come close when it comes to wins and losses.

as long as we are clear on that I totally agree- if the argument was- based on this stat that does not take into account the differences in playing time- he has performed comparably.

Wins and losses. not so much. not that i would expect whiteside to have an impact too much on the final outcome of a win or a loss

but those other guys? Yah....i do- and they prove it night in and night out.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Whiteside does not come close when it comes to wins and losses."

yet you suck Kyries nuts here everyday when he, as a team leader, lead the Cavs to the worst cumulative record in the NBA over the course of seasons.

Whiteside had played how many minutes with Wade/Bosh/Deng/Chalmers?

Like the Heats losing is his fault?
He is basically the only thing that is worth watching on the Heat for most casual fans.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wallace @WallaceNBA_ESPN
Follow
Hassan Whiteside on facing LeBron: "I mean, he a good player ... I don't know him ... I'm not guarding him. I'll meet him at the rim."
4:11 PM - 10 Feb 2015

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside could get a big head too. If he stays healthy and humble and keeps his nose clean he could really make himself a lot of money in about a year and half.

Yesterday was the first sign of trouble.
When he picked up his first foul (he was pushed into the player by Amundson) he bitched at the refs way longer than necessary. If basically took him out of his game for quite some time and carried over into him picking up a technical later in the game.

He needs to understand that bad calls happen all game and just move on.
He let it get personal with Amundson which lead to the dunk/stare down in the 3rd qtr.
Opponents will quickly learn that the best way to stop Whiteside is to rattle him, if he really is so easily going to get rattled.

Hopefully UD and Bosh, etc.. straightened him out and he learned something moving forward.