• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall him coming out of college, I believe he lead the NCAA in blocks... Can't say I knew he'd do this but I wished the Lakers would have grabbed him... By the looks of the article though he may not have done so well until after his failures... Said all that to say I'm impressed no doubt... I'd take the risk if I were the Lakers and offer him huge money on 1 condition... I'd watch the rest of this year... We could be witnessing the start of a great career or a good player whom has more energy than everybody else who has been playing long minutes for 3/4 months... I want to see how he finishes out, but I do like the taste of the koolaid...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you guys. At first of course you are skeptical of a guy with his history- but he has made a big time believer out of me. He has put together a string of games as a starter and it seems that he has improved on his great start rather than just maintaning it which would be impressive enough.

The Heat have him signed this year and next for little more than the league minimum. What a huge steal.

I guess in the offseason the Heat signed this kid, cut him and Memphis picked him up since they had a bunch of sick and or injured bigs- and than Memphis cut him the next day- and he was then playing in the dleague against the Heats dleague team- andhe dominated- and the Heat signed him to the 2 year deal the next day.

As far as starting centers go in the league lets try and see where he fits....

the elite

1. Marc Gasol- right now he is the best center in the game I think
2. DeMarcus Cousins- the guy is a beast
3. Joakin Noah- the total package- can do everything
4. Al Horford- I could really rank him as high as 2 if we were just going on this year
5. Dwight Howard- hes still Dwight
6. Tim Duncan- still trucking
7. DeAndre Jordan- leads the league in rebounding and blocks and averages double digit points
8. Andre Drummond- a freak. hes 21 and hes 3rd in the league in blocks and 2nd in boards and averages double digit points
9. Al Jefferson- maybe the best post moves in the game- carried his team to the playoffs last year
10. Nikola Vucevic- probably the Magics best player and was really a tough all star cut. Almost at 20 and 12 a game...Magic gota great deal with the K he just signed
11. Marcin Gortat- one of the reasons why the Wiz are a top 3 seed in the East

I think those are the 11 best centers in the league and are really the only ones that can be considered to be consistently relied upon to make major impacts on games.
I think Whiteside belongs right after those guys in the conversation with other guys who might not have the upside Whiteside has been flashing- but you have to respect their talent and upside- especially considering their maturity for their ages- guys like Valuciunas, Asik, Noel, Len, Kanter, Dieng --Joel Embiid's talent warrants him a mention in this list with the young highly regarded talents...Right now ifi had to pick for my team out of this group of good young guys id take Embiid, Valunciunas, Noel, Whiteside, Len, Asik, Kanter, Deing in that order. I think Embiid is going to be a amazing once he gets on the court as long as he come back healthy.

the next group is old guys who can still play but just arent dominate players anymore if they ever were at all- and id take the younger guys who have the upside over them and are for the most part cheaper -

Chandler still 6th in the league in rebounding but he doesnt have a whole lot longer left you would think. Brook Lopez's injuries take him out of consideration when 2 years ago he might be up pretty high. Larry Sanders is a waste of big time talent. Roy Hibbert turned Rich Ankiel over night. Mozgov is what he is, a 9, 8 guy who guards the rim well- and while he can be counted on hes not gonna dominate a game. The same can be said of Jordan Hill. Andrew Boguts best days are behind him but he can still find a way to make an impact.

To say a street free agent signed 2 months ago is all of a sudden a legit NBA starting center really is an exceptional compliment. If he continues what he is doing and shows he can do it for the season I think he could crack that top 11 and jump Gortat but after watching Nerleans Noel do what he did at the age of 20 the other night, and seeing what Valunciunas can do at the age of 22 id still take those 2 guys over Whiteside.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think Whiteside belongs right after those guys"

Whiteside has been a bigger difference maker then any of those players since this run of his has began.
I'm not saying he is better, because the sample size is so small...but the potential is there.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami had a Whiteside last year in the big 3's last run to the finals...I think we win and we'd be going for a 4 peat.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't consider Jordan Hill a true Center anyway, he's a PF forced to play Center. He can and has taken over a couple of games but he's far from consistent with his level of play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following are facts, the first three courtesy of Grantland’s Zach Lowe:
In the 80 minutes that Wade, Bosh, and Whiteside have played together this season, “The Heat have blitzed opponents by nearly 21 points per 100 possessions”… The Big Three reborn!
“He has blocked 11 percent of opponent shots while on the floor, a mark that would break the NBA record.”
His 26.5% rebound rate would be the fourth highest rate EVER.
He’s fourth (41.8%) in the NBA in rim protection (Opp FGP at Rim) with a minimum of five attempts per game.
He’s second in the NBA in Player Efficiency Rating behind Anthony Davis.
“Since Hassan Whiteside joined the team, the Heat are -196 with him on the bench and +20 when he’s on the court” — ESPN’s Tom Haberstroh
Heat games are unwatchable without him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not watching tonight....turning every now and then

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not watching tonight....turning every now and then

I'm watching Thunder.
This loss could be costly.

Durant just blew it.

Well. 2.8 left. So it's not over..

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching. You're not missing much.

What a stupid foul by Pelicans.
Unbelievable.

And then Davis with the walk off..
Unreal.
That's why I love the NBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just made a thread about it.

There were some crazy things taking place in the final minute in OKC tonight

Happy the cold got me to stay in and watch all these game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid foul by Pelicans.
Unbelievable.

And then Davis with the walk off..
Unreal.
That's why I love the NBA.

Exactly why I love league pass. When my team is shit I'm able to watch other great games.

I watched nearly all of Warriors/Hawks, the end of Cavs/Pacers, & the end of Thunder/Pelicans & Memphis/Minnesota

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why I love league pass. When my team is shit I'm able to watch other great games.

I watched nearly all of Warriors/Hawks, the end of Cavs/Pacers, & the end of Thunder/Pelicans & Memphis/Minnesota

Exactly.
Yes, it's more fun when you're team is good, but I have said many times, it is entertainment and there plenty of good players all around the league that serve that purpose.

I don't have to be a fan of a team to enjoy watching them.
I have been playing a couple fan duel teams every night, and that even makes it more entertaining.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following are facts, the first three courtesy of Grantland’s Zach Lowe:
In the 80 minutes that Wade, Bosh, and Whiteside have played together this season, “The Heat have blitzed opponents by nearly 21 points per 100 possessions”… The Big Three reborn!
“He has blocked 11 percent of opponent shots while on the floor, a mark that would break the NBA record.”
His 26.5% rebound rate would be the fourth highest rate EVER.
He’s fourth (41.8%) in the NBA in rim protection (Opp FGP at Rim) with a minimum of five attempts per game.
He’s second in the NBA in Player Efficiency Rating behind Anthony Davis.
“Since Hassan Whiteside joined the team, the Heat are -196 with him on the bench and +20 when he’s on the court” — ESPN’s Tom Haberstroh
Heat games are unwatchable without him.

80 minutes together! shit! we should hand them the trophy if all 3 ever play a bunch together....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the numbers are probably a bit exaggerated but it isn't rocket science that the heat are a much better team when those 4 guys who are hands down their best 4 players are on the floor at the same time

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the numbers are probably a bit exaggerated but it isn't rocket science that the heat are a much better team when those 4 guys who are hands down their best 4 players are on the floor at the same time

No doubt he makes a big impact- especially when you figure the guys he was replacing.

It was definitely important to get to- as we have said- he is on a very very cheap contract- and signed for next year

it gives the Heat the ability to prioritize getting a starting point guard- and then getting a scorer off the bench.

Do you think they make a move at the deadline for a point guard? Is that their priority? i would think it is-but i could see them trying to pick up a big man for depth- or a wing that can guard the perimeter

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only guard I can see them getting is Mo Williams.

Package Cole & Granger

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only guard I can see them getting is Mo Williams.

Package Cole & Granger

i heard theres a good chance Cole goes to Detroit. youd have to give up a pick to get Williams- they wouldnt just take those 2...

Bosh/Whiteside/Anderson can do some work....but it leaves you pretty thin considering Anderson cant really play big minutes- and Whiteside, I would think- is going to hit the wall at some point.

dont get me wrong-it hink he will still be effective- but he has never played this many games or this many minutes and its not as if he is asmall guy that is in amazing cardio shape....

even the best in shape college players hit the wall at game like 40-50 in the NBA a lot of the time.....

itll be interesting to see how Whiteside is handling it come like March and May....he really came along at hte perfect time though...the Heat are gonna have a battle to get in looks like with Charlotte playing better- the bucks being decent, the Pacers getting a little momentum and finally healthy and have some hope of George maybe playing at some point- and Detroit playing some decent ball

the 6/7/8 is gonna be a big battle between the Bucks, Heat, Pistons, Hornets, Pacers.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80 minutes together! shit! we should hand them the trophy if all 3 ever play a bunch together....

More making shit up.

First of all, I copied and posted someone else's observation of FACT.

I never claimed it would continue nor improve, even though common sense would dictate that more minutes together would equal more continuity.

On the other hand, you made tons of wild claims/predictions about the Cavs.....which is fine....but really???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More making shit up.

First of all, I copied and posted someone else's observation of FACT.

I never claimed it would continue nor improve, even though common sense would dictate that more minutes together would equal more continuity.

On the other hand, you made tons of wild claims/predictions about the Cavs.....which is fine....but really???

I see Wiggy is typing from both sides of his keyboard again. :lol:

"80 minutes together! shit! we should hand them the trophy if all 3 ever play a bunch together... - Wiggy

"expecting the Cavs to win a championship this season is unfair because they need to have time to learn each others games and come together as a team. Lebron even said so himself." - Wiggy