• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins benched...Kyle Allen will start against the Rams this week.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plot thickens. Likely locker room heat going on. Not surprised.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ron Rivera repeatedly said that Haskins didn't have OTAs, preseason and the reps he needed to be able to fully compete at a high level. So why did they even start him from the jump??"

This what I wondered from the start. Like this is a trainwreck but you can't look away

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plot thickens. Likely locker room heat going on. Not surprised.

Yes sounds like the players are tired of losing due too Dwayne incompetence at the position. I believe in Ron and hope he gets it straight. Hopefully if he’s not so pissed with his qb play, he can now concentrate on his clock management.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised by this move. Haskins has been awful pretty much every step of the way. The long term answer is to draft Lawrence or Fields.

Also, I'm guessing there is a rift between Haskins and either the coaches/management. Or he's a shitty teammate.

If Haskins is awful...Daniel Jones should be out of the league. Gettleman and Giants are up there with the Redskins for incompetent franchises, gotta be.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ron Rivera repeatedly said that Haskins didn't have OTAs, preseason and the reps he needed to be able to fully compete at a high level. So why did they even start him from the jump??"

This what I wondered from the start. Like this is a trainwreck but you can't look away
Exactly. And yes it is a train wreck. Clown show. Sure hope Allen steps up enuff to quiet all this noise.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully if he’s not so pissed with his qb play, he can now concentrate on his clock management.
For realz. He’s atrocious at that. Really concerns me that this was what Panthers fans bitched about the most. Wish he would for health reasons let JDR take over til the end of his cancer treatments. A QB controversy in DC isn’t any place for a sick head coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best for Haskins is to get traded to the Saints or Patriots and sit behind a veteran...I said that before he was drafted and then after. The talent is there but he just has a lot to work on and whether that ever gets fixed...that won't happen in Washington. Trade him to a stable franchise...try to savage a 3rd for him and move on. The problem is Washington is not bad enough to compete for a #1 pick imo. So they won't be getting Lawrence or Fields

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Haskins is awful...Daniel Jones should be out of the league. Gettleman and Giants are up there with the Redskins for incompetent franchises, gotta be.
Likely it’s the meetings and commitment to growing with coaching that is in play with DH. There is a story beyond the stats. Always is.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best for Haskins is to get traded to the Saints or Patriots and sit behind a veteran...I said that before he was drafted and then after. The talent is there but he just has a lot to work on and whether that ever gets fixed...that won't happen in Washington. Trade him to a stable franchise...try to savage a 3rd for him and move on. The problem is Washington is not bad enough to compete for a #1 pick imo. So they won't be getting Lawrence or Fields
What? *sarcasm* Pretty sure national narrative had us ranked last coming into this year. LOL REDSKINS. No nuance. Completely dismissed the D, which is what we have to hang our hat on to have a chance to win games with half decent QB play imo.

We’ll get a bridge guy in Allen if he works out, FA or one of the 3 top QBs if we shit the bed. Future could be alright but given this franchises track record...I offer no guesses

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here I am. I know you’ve been wanting to hear from me. My thoughts, I thought Haskins showed improvements last season as it grew. He took a couple steps back this season, and was quite frankly not very good. I don’t see Allen being any better. Hope I’m wrong on him too. I’d rather just tank for Trevor than win this shitty division if they don’t have the future qb.

I’ll still stand by my comments about all the negative press this team gets large and in part to the Owner and team name. I’ve saw it ever since his arrogant ass thought he could buy championship. He really pissed a lot of his foes (white libs that tell the Indians the name is offensive to them) off by saying “I’ll never change the redskins name” you can put that in caps. I hope their quid quo pro they’re doing to him actually works and he’s forced to sale.
But again. My comments are not that the team does not get negative press over the owner and team name. My comments are that Dwayne was legit not good. That’s why there was negative press, analytics etc. I could care less about all that. My point is, and always has been. There has been negatives about Dwayne, because Dwayne wasn’t good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? *sarcasm* Pretty sure national narrative had us ranked last coming into this year. LOL REDSKINS. No nuance. Completely dismissed the D, which is what we have to hang our hat on to have a chance to win games with half decent QB play imo.

We’ll get a bridge guy in Allen if he works out, FA or one of the 3 top QBs if we shit the bed. Future could be alright but given this franchises track record...I offer no guesses

That defense is too good...I think we all just didn't know how good. I mean if Kyle Allen shits the bed they could lose a bunch of games but it looks like Alex Smith is waiting in the wings possibly...he will save Washington from a top 3 pick I would think.

You have some solid weapons and the defense you can build around. QB and OL are needs...a lot of teams need the same

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is too good...I think we all just didn't know how good.
I suspected we might have something with Chase joining the squad and the RR hire. That’s what dragged me back to watch the Skins again. I’m pissed we lost Ionman, he was an unsung grinder out of Temple that was unrecognized by most. If this comes together that line is gonna be wicked.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again. My comments are not that the team does not get negative press over the owner and team name. My comments are that Dwayne was legit not good. That’s why there was negative press, analytics etc. I could care less about all that. My point is, and always has been. There has been negatives about Dwayne, because Dwayne wasn’t good.
Like I said I thought he improved as the season went on last year, and this year he regressed. Turns out I’m not a good qb evaluator I guess. Lol :suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt Jones is off to a shitty start this year, but based on their careers thus far, Jones has been way better. Haskins was shitty last year, and shitty this year. I'm not sure why you would think Haskins has been better than Jones at this point in their careers? It's pretty lopsided ATM.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trading him for a draft pick has sailed at this point IMO. They should have tried to do that in the off-season when there was still an element of unknown. I'm not sure who would give up a 3rd for him? If you suck and need a QB just draft Lawrence, Fields, Lance or Trask who are much better prospects IMO.