• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Lebron passed Kobe on the all time list?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree coming up big does not mean last second shots only. But I was in fact talking about the buzzer beater clutch, the plays that by themselves determine the final outcome. The Jordan over Ehlo shot. The shot that made Kobe the best closer in the game for a long time. Earlier poster was correct, LeBron did improve. But he still hasn't delivered in those circumstances nearly as much as all the others on the all time list.

This is statistically untrue. He's actually had more game winners and buzzer beaters in the playoffs than Jordan.

This tweet is from a couple years ago, right after he hit the game-winning buzzer beater 3-pointer from the corner to beat the Bulls.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Lebron is a pussy that only plays in the weak East. Kobe balled in the West his whole career.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Lebron is a pussy that only plays in the weak East. Kobe balled in the West his whole career.

and while I certainly and clearly don't like LeClown, I will never take away from what he does on the court. but I DO agree that playing in a conference that's typically weaker has to factor in SOME. still, getting to the finals that many times in a row is no joke...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is statistically untrue. He's actually had more game winners and buzzer beaters in the playoffs than Jordan.

This tweet is from a couple years ago, right after he hit the game-winning buzzer beater 3-pointer from the corner to beat the Bulls.

VERY interesting. Good to know, I stand corrected. He must have really taken and made a lot in the last few years as someone posted. Thanks for setting me straight.

This would make me the first person in the history of the internet to be convinced to change him mind by another poster.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before, and I'll say it again, people have never really given Kobe the proper credit for what he did in the West in what was maybe the toughest conferences of all time. Everyone remembers all of Lebron's moments, but people really forget about Kobe leading the Lakers to that win over the Blazers in game 7, or Kobe torching the Western conference in 2001, or the Lakers beating the defending champion Spurs in 5 games in 08. That's just a few examples off the top of my head, but there are many more

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

This has been dissected on multiple threads. Everyone who is objective puts LeBron ahead of Kobe. IMO, it isn't particularly close.

You're right it's not close, especially on defense. Is Consistency part of your evaluation?

Kobe -- 9 time NBA all 1st team D, 3 time all 2nd team
Lebron -- 5 time NBA all 1st team D, 1 all 2nd team

Does anyone pay attention to defense any more? Or consistency?

I'd say Kobe and Lebron are pretty dam close. #3 or 4 all time and #7 or #8 all time isn't close? Championships are not close?

Go back to coaching girls volleyball

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, so you're saying the East isn't/wasn't weaker...?:scratch:

No, but I do think it gets overblown.

The West has had 2 dynastic teams over the last 15 years (Spurs & Lakers) - and we're probably now seeing a 3rd with the Warriors.

The East has had a couple of GREAT, but short-lived teams in the Pistons and Celtics - and they've had LeBron James.

Both conferences have had some really good teams that couldn't quite get it done, Suns, Pacers, Thunder, Magic

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since LeBron joined the league, the weak East has won 6 titles and the West has won 7.
Kobe is a great great player....right around top 10 of all time... i can see arguments for him being right inside/outside the top 10.

but hes no LeBron.

LeBron is just overall better. I mean- he is making history. Its just insane to think that he is 1 series away from making the Finals 7 years in a row.

Kobe MISSED the playoffs in his prime.

Can you even imagine if LeBron had missed the NBA playoffs in one of his prime years? I loved watching Kobe play, loved his heart and determination- but he just doesnt have the whole overall package that LeBron has.

And LeBron is only 32. He still has plenty of time to just continue adding to his resume.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since LeBron joined the league, the weak East has won 6 titles and the West has won 7.

LOL, much easier to win after 20 games in the east than after 20 games in the west. And they still couldn't even win half.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right it's not close, especially on defense. Is Consistency part of your evaluation?

Kobe -- 9 time NBA all 1st team D, 3 time all 2nd team
Lebron -- 5 time NBA all 1st team D, 1 all 2nd team

Does anyone pay attention to defense any more? Or consistency?

I'd say Kobe and Lebron are pretty dam close. #3 or 4 all time and #7 or #8 all time isn't close? Championships are not close?

Go back to coaching girls volleyball

I mean, we could limit the conversation solely to defense if you want.... LeBron will still come out on top.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, much easier to win after 20 games in the east than after 20 games in the west. And they still couldn't even win half.

Wait... hold on...

Your contention is that the East should win more championships because they are the weaker conference?

giphy.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we could limit the conversation solely to defense if you want.... LeBron will still come out on top.

I don't think you limit anything when you talk about the best ever. I'd think he'd be pretty solid all around.

Maybe Lebron will make the all 2nd team this year. :hope:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has 2 Finals MVP's...LeBron has 3 Finals MVP's.

Kobe has 1 league MVP- and prob should have 2

LeBron has 4 league MVP's, and should prob have AT LEAST 6.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize RW or Harden will win the MVP----

but - there is no doubt that LeBron is still the best player in the NBA.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think there was a time where the west was much much better. That time is ending and it will transition back towards the east, as it did in the 80s and 90s

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has 2 Finals MVP's...LeBron has 3 Finals MVP's.

Kobe has 1 league MVP- and prob should have 2

LeBron has 4 league MVP's, and should prob have AT LEAST 6.

well, Eagle, Colorado stopped Kobe from getting a 2nd league MVP...

just sayin'...

shoulda, woulda, coulda as far as the rest...