• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh's contract ends in 2021?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://detroitsportsnation.com/rep...X73KJTsW-wJH1S9Ep5gumuEOsGtxAyV2OCUUKZkJ_iwJs

When the 2021 season comes to an end, so will the contract of University of Michigan head football coach, Jim Harbaugh.

I wonder what the language of his extension would be? Do they give him a raise and/or big incentives? I imagine it will be laced with incentives (B10 champ, playoff, national champ, etc.), but it would be hard to believe that they would give him a pay bump, although I imagine revenues have never been higher in the football program since he has taken over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIFETIME CONTRACT, BABY!

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll take his extension and try to get fired so he can collect and then go back to the NFL. He's not in Ohio State's league and he knows it.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s up to Michigan, and Harbaugh has been a B or B- coach IMO.

The part that surprises me if that he was an NFL QB and had Luck at Stanford, yet has been unable to land and/or develop a top shelf QB at UM. Getting even with tOSU is highly improbable, and most astute CFB fans knew that when he was hired. But having a good QB is hardly asking for the moon. Hell, Michigan had Brady FFS.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why everyone is making this a big deal. My guess is some extension will be in place before the start of Fall.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The part that surprises me if that he was an NFL QB and had Luck at Stanford, yet has been unable to land and/or develop a top shelf QB at UM. Getting even with tOSU is highly improbable, and most astute CFB fans knew that when he was hired. But having a good QB is hardly asking for the moon. Hell, Michigan had Brady FFS.
2020 is going to be major in regards to his ability to develop a QB, as he finally has to play one of his own recruits and not a transfer/leftover player from Hoke. There are multiple blue-chip caliber guys at the position, but his offense is so milquetoast and predictable, it might not matter. He had a 5*, top 5 overall recruit at QB, multiple 4/5* guys at WR last year, along with a 4* top 50 RB, and their offense was mediocre. Now he loses 3 of those blue chip WRs, his QB, and most of the offensive line. He's going to have to get creative if he wants to score points, but I don't think he has that ability.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 is going to be major in regards to his ability to develop a QB, as he finally has to play one of his own recruits and not a transfer/leftover player from Hoke. There are multiple blue-chip caliber guys at the position, but his offense is so milquetoast and predictable, it might not matter. He had a 5*, top 5 overall recruit at QB, multiple 4/5* guys at WR last year, along with a 4* top 50 RB, and their offense was mediocre. Now he loses 3 of those blue chip WRs, his QB, and most of the offensive line. He's going to have to get creative if he wants to score points, but I don't think he has that ability.
He also needs to have a real OC and let that person facilitate the offense. I realize that they have Gattis but I still question how much freedom he has? Judging by their last two games I am assuming not much because in both cases they were able move the ball and then simply went away from it. Not saying that would have led to a win, but its just perplexing to me as a fan

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also needs to have a real OC and let that person facilitate the offense. I realize that they have Gattis but I still question how much freedom he has? Judging by their last two games I am assuming not much because in both cases they were able move the ball and then simply went away from it. Not saying that would have led to a win, but its just perplexing to me as a fan
Who the hell knows? I think this is going to be a tough year, and Gattis is really going to have to step up, if he actually has the level of control to make a difference.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This comment needs parsed. First, Brady, (if you are referring to Tom) was not a top level recruit coming out of HS. Second, he was recruited by Carr and long gone by Harbaugh era.

Historically, Michigan has never landed elite QB prospects outside of Drew Henson and Rick Leach. Good QB's but not great ones.

That being said, Harbaugh has landed some 4-5 star QB recruits but never seems to be able to develop them so I agree with you on that assessment.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell knows? I think this is going to be a tough year, and Gattis is really going to have to step up, if he actually has the level of control to make a difference.
You can mark me down as not a fan of Harbaugh. I would be very happy if he left one way or another.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean hiring an OC after a 20 minute phone call with someone who has never called plays before isn’t ideal? Shocking.

Excuse me while I go talk to Michigan State’s play caller Dantonio got 15 years ago from Toys R Us.
upload_2020-2-4_12-44-39.jpeg

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost is laughing at Harbaugh.

Rookie move to let your contract get under 3 years.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost is laughing at Harbaugh.

Rookie move to let your contract get under 3 years.
I would say Coach O is laughing too but he even laughs in Cajun so I’m not sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That gives him enough time to improve his record against Ohio State to 0-7.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good assessment. Last year was suppose to be the year that displayed his offensive genius status. All top end , upper classmen prospects at most positions. Guys with a lot of experience, and talent. It was a dud.

I don't know if Harbs has it in him to hand the keys over to another coach for the offense, but he has the money to hire the very best available guys, and would be wise to go after them. The problem is that you can't micromanage a guy like that. You have to let him do his thing.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is undefeated against Minnesota and Fleck.

Yeah, Michigan took advantage of playing the Gophers in Fleck's first season. Wow, we're all SO AWED by Harbaugh's awesomeness, lol. NOT!!!

My money will be on Fleck to even up that series in 2020.