• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halfway Point

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one not scared of the giants?

We beat them in the reg season and barely lost in the NFC game which easily could of gone our way. Just because they beat us pretty good this yr doesn't mean nothing to me. If we rematch them in the playoffs regardless of location I'm confident we can handle them.

You are correct. What worries me is Harbaugh and Roman getting to cute on offense and our defense not getting off the field. We were flat out coached. So will Harbaugh over complicate and try to do to much. I do believe we can beat them but their are our toughest competition to reach the Superbowl.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
after 8 games we're 6-2, which site predicted only 7 wins?

we're not there yet but i'd have to think we'll top 7 and reach 10?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. What worries me is Harbaugh and Roman getting to cute on offense and our defense not getting off the field. We were flat out coached. So will Harbaugh over complicate and try to do to much. I do believe we can beat them but their are our toughest competition to reach the Superbowl.

Let's just hope he has learned his lessons from the ghost of games in the past. If Kaps playing time vs. the Cardinals is any indication it would seem he has.

That said, however, I don't mind and would certainly like to see Kap used in our offense.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after 8 games we're 6-2, which site predicted only 7 wins?

we're not there yet but i'd have to think we'll top 7 and reach 10?

Probably one of those guys who makes a bold prediction like that so if he happens to get it right he looks lie a genius and he gets to rub it in everyone's face.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are still the Bears. Their D is a bit overrated right now due to the turnovers they've been getting. Their offense is woefully inconsistent and probably always will be with Cutler. We can take Forte out of the game and force Cutler to make to many passes. Cutler having to throw on nearly every down is 3+ turnovers just waiting to happen.

The Falcons worry me a bit because their passing attack is so explosive this year. It's game our Offense would have to be on cue for to keep drives going so we win the Possession battle.

The Giants just flat out scare me. Eli has gone from the most overrated QB in the league to maybe the most underrated the last 2-3 years. When their Defense shows up to play they are tough to beat.

I don't think their D is overrated. It's not like the Bears have no say at all in the turnovers they're getting. We'll see when they play each other in a few weeks, but that game is going to be critical for our playoff seeding.

The Giants have two conference losses as well, but they've beaten us head to head, so they get the first tie-breaker.

I don't see the Falcons dropping three games the rest of the way, though they do have to play the Giants in Week 15, so that could potentially help us regardless of who wins.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think their D is overrated. It's not like the Bears have no say at all in the turnovers they're getting. We'll see when they play each other in a few weeks, but that game is going to be critical for our playoff seeding.

The Giants have two conference losses as well, but they've beaten us head to head, so they get the first tie-breaker.

I don't see the Falcons dropping three games the rest of the way, though they do have to play the Giants in Week 15, so that could potentially help us regardless of who wins.

yeah, for us to attain a bye, we first have to keep winning.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots won 3 super bowls with an offense like ours. They won by playing D. They have not won a super bowl since they became a offensive team. The Steelers also won a super bowl by playing D when Big Ben was a rookie.

We can absolutly win the super bowl this year, playing this way!

Yeah, Tom Brady and Alex Smith are statistically identical.

The Steelers didn't win the SB in Roethlisberger's rookie year. That year, the defense-oriented Patriots dropped 41 points on them in their own house before giving up 21 points to the Eagles in the SB.

CAN we win the SB this year? Sure, they still have to play the games. Are we LIKELY to win in a game where the other team scores a lot of points and moves the ball at will? I would say we're not. I don't think we can impose our will in three straight playoff games (unless the seeding changes between now and then) against playoff-caliber offenses.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Steelers didn't win the SB in Roethlisberger's rookie year. That year, the defense-oriented Patriots dropped 41 points on them in their own house before giving up 21 points to the Eagles in the SB.

CAN we win the SB this year? Sure, they still have to play the games. Are we LIKELY to win in a game where the other team scores a lot of points and moves the ball at will? I would say we're not. I don't think we can impose our will in three straight playoff games (unless the seeding changes between now and then) against playoff-caliber offenses.

That right there!

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are powerhouse offensive teams likely to win a game where the other team's playoff-caliber defense holds them down and keeps them from scoring points and keeps the ball out of their hands? I would say not.

It's true if the Niners defense suddenly doesn't get it done and can't hold whichever team under 24 or so we are not as likely to win the game. Last year's NO game notwithstanding. But we're built on superb D and average offense, if we are going to win that's what it's going to look like. Why would any of us expect us to have to win some kind of shoot out? Shouldn't we equally expect the offensive-oriented teams to have to play a grind it out type of game against a team like ours?

This team is probably more likely to make the Superbowl than about 25 other teams, that's pretty much all I can ask.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are powerhouse offensive teams likely to win a game where the other team's playoff-caliber defense holds them down and keeps them from scoring points and keeps the ball out of their hands? I would say not.

It's true if the Niners defense suddenly doesn't get it done and can't hold whichever team under 24 or so we are not as likely to win the game. Last year's NO game notwithstanding. But we're built on superb D and average offense, if we are going to win that's what it's going to look like. Why would any of us expect us to have to win some kind of shoot out? Shouldn't we equally expect the offensive-oriented teams to have to play a grind it out type of game against a team like ours?

This team is probably more likely to make the Superbowl than about 25 other teams, that's pretty much all I can ask.

Have you not watched the playoffs in the last five years?

How did the giants and Patriots fare in grind it out games against us and the Ravens last year?

Look, I want us to win, and I'm happy we aren't a double-digit loss team anymore. The difference is that I'm not content with beating out 25 other teams. I want Lombardi trophies. Anything less is a failure to me. Being 6th best isn't good enough for me. Being 3rd best isn't good enough for me. I want Super Bowls. When the 9ers don't deliver, I'm not thrilled. I'm not content with "well, we didn't lose 12 games, so it was a good year."

Not accusing you, but clearly some fans are okay being 6th best in the league. I can't imagine why any 9er fan would celebrate being an also-ran. We have a pedigree built on being THE best. Not being 6th place. That's what Seattle and Arizona celebrate.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not watched the playoffs in the last five years?

How did the giants and Patriots fare in grind it out games against us and the Ravens last year?

Look, I want us to win, and I'm happy we aren't a double-digit loss team anymore. The difference is that I'm not content with beating out 25 other teams. I want Lombardi trophies. Anything less is a failure to me. Being 6th best isn't good enough for me. Being 3rd best isn't good enough for me. I want Super Bowls. When the 9ers don't deliver, I'm not thrilled. I'm not content with "well, we didn't lose 12 games, so it was a good year."

Not accusing you, but clearly some fans are okay being 6th best in the league. I can't imagine why any 9er fan would celebrate being an also-ran. We have a pedigree built on being THE best. Not being 6th place. That's what Seattle and Arizona celebrate.

I hear ya! I'm not saying we're 6th best, I am saying we are obviously better than 25 other teams and there are only a handful of teams out there that can compete with us.

And come on man!! I agree the Championship Games from last year are evidence of what happens when high flying offenses come up against elite defenses. They need flukey bullshit to occur in order to win. Missed 30 yard field goals and muffed punts do not equate to domination by overpowering offensive powerhouses.

I'm saying I will take our elite defense and ball control offense over any offensive powerhouse in the league every round of the playoffs. I am very confident in this team. Remember we only won 5 superbowls in 14 years when we really were the best team. Sometimes Roger Craig fumbles (sometimes I cried fucker!) Sometimes 49-3 happens. Sometimes we won.

It's a different means to the same end... At least that's a theory.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya! I'm not saying we're 6th best, I am saying we are obviously better than 25 other teams and there are only a handful of teams out there that can compete with us.

And come on man!! I agree the Championship Games from last year are evidence of what happens when high flying offenses come up against elite defenses. They need flukey bullshit to occur in order to win. Missed 30 yard field goals and muffed punts do not equate to domination by overpowering offensive powerhouses.

I'm saying I will take our elite defense and ball control offense over any offensive powerhouse in the league every round of the playoffs. I am very confident in this team. Remember we only won 5 superbowls in 14 years when we really were the best team. Sometimes Roger Craig fumbles (sometimes I cried fucker!) Sometimes 49-3 happens. Sometimes we won.

It's a different means to the same end... At least that's a theory.

Word.

Itching for a Super Bowl like somebody suffering from eczema and the chicken pox at the same time. Got spoiled in the 80's. Freaking the hell out for a relevant blowout right now.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the emergence of crabtree its basically like we have 3 new wr's. offensive line is playing so much better this year as well. i'm expecting roman to figure out how best to use the weapons that we have.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with the salary cap, it is hard to have both a top offense, and top defense. so the formula used to be top defense, plus average offense. but, this "average" offense would have a QB who comes thru in the play-offs.

it isn't quite like this nowadays but don't feel it went THAT far away either?

anyways, we all wish we had a potent offense, but it won't happen halfway thru this season. but what we have now is enough as long as our QB plays near HIS best.