• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hack-A-Robe

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the quarter pole of the season, OKC's Andre Roberson is shooting 6-26 from the line this season.

Solid player but horrendous free throw shooter...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares anyhow? I didn't care when it was happening to Shaq because as far as I am concerned, a professional athlete being paid millions of dollars to play a game should be able to do something very basic like a free throw and the team that tolerates that is almost as bad. Make the free throws and the problem goes away

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares anyhow? I didn't care when it was happening to Shaq because as far as I am concerned, a professional athlete being paid millions of dollars to play a game should be able to do something very basic like a free throw and the team that tolerates that is almost as bad. Make the free throws and the problem goes away

Well, it could become a serious issue for OKC down the road. Roberson will either have to start making FTs, or the Thunder may be forced to take PT away.

Perhaps hack a Roberson is the only thing that could stop Westbrook from averaging a triple double?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it could become a serious issue for OKC down the road. Roberson will either have to start making FTs, or the Thunder may be forced to take PT away.

Perhaps hack a Roberson is the only thing that could stop Westbrook from averaging a triple double?
I personally think that they need to revise the contracts with a performance clause - basically if your free throws drop below 75% - so does your salary. I bet you they would learn how to make them then.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that they need to revise the contracts with a performance clause - basically if your free throws drop below 75% - so does your salary. I bet you they would learn how to make them then.

I agree it is pretty ridiculous for an NBA player (especially a guard/wing) to shoot so poorly, but it just comes down to whether or not the player's overall contribution outweighs the weakness. For a guy like Roberson who shoots 1 FT per game, it will really only be a problem of teams start hacking him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robersons last year in OKC. Good defender, not much else.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it is pretty ridiculous for an NBA player (especially a guard/wing) to shoot so poorly, but it just comes down to whether or not the player's overall contribution outweighs the weakness. For a guy like Roberson who shoots 1 FT per game, it will really only be a problem of teams start hacking him.
That really burned me on Shaq back in 2004 or so because he basically fired his free throw coach and said he didn't need any more help and in essence gave up. He kept saying that going down the stretch in close games, he would make them and didn't merely because he was too lazy to figure it out.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't shoot 60 percent and won't at least try shooting them underhanded to improve you should be fined. It's proven to work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really burned me on Shaq back in 2004 or so because he basically fired his free throw coach and said he didn't need any more help and in essence gave up. He kept saying that going down the stretch in close games, he would make them and didn't merely because he was too lazy to figure it out.

Yeah. That sucks.

If you are bad at FTs and get to the line as often as Shaq you at least should work on it a lot. I get the feeling Roberson works on other things because he doesn't shoot many FTs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't shoot 60 percent and won't at least try shooting them underhanded to improve you should be fined. It's proven to work.
That's what I am saying - make them play or pay - On the other hand I just hope the Lakers never have another Kwame Brown - ughhhh