• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys you'd trade up for in the first round.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. Long time board stalker(ESPN and this one). Infrequent poster. Guys have been posting in different threads some players they'd be willing to trade up for. I'm just wondering who are the guys you'd be interested in moving up for. I know its all speculation until draft day-who's dropping, etc.-but who do you like?

Since we all know that at most we'll probably end up drafting 7 or 8 guys I'd prefer moving up no more than 10 spots in the first round using our 4th and 5ths. I'd rather use our 2's and 3's to stay put, trade back and/or trade into next years draft.

Guys I'd target, in no order, with realistic chances of being in the 21-28 range.
1.Hopkins
2.Austin
3.Hankins
4.Jarvis Jones-if he falls from medical worries
5.Trufant
6.Allen
7.Rhodes
8.Hunter
9.Lacy

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've been the biggest Allen fan here (probably), but I wouldn't trade up for him after him not running at the combine. And pro' day is BS, so he can't make it up IMO.

He's one of those guys I'd take at 31 but I wouldn't trade up for him (like Hunter, Short & Jonathan Jenkins).

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Jones, because I wouldn't want to see him on the Rams or Seahawks and because medical issues or not, I think he's the most talented player in the draft. Everyone else has the chance of lasting to 31.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how far and how much it'll cost, but Richardson, Jones, Moore, Hopkins, Hunter, Austin, Floyd, and Warmack come to mind.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star (heart situation could scare folks), Patterson, Austin, Warmack, Jones, Ansah, Mingo, Werner.

No corners only because I think we can lure one or two marquee FAs to come sign with us during the offseason.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star (heart situation could scare folks), Patterson, Austin, Warmack, Jones, Ansah, Mingo, Werner.

No corners only because I think we can lure one or two marquee FAs to come sign with us during the offseason.

I'd add Mingo to my list as well. He's very scheme specific and won't fit well with a lot of teams, but I think he'd do really well in our system.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only trade up. Too many quality players at the end of the first start of the second to go crazy. There are not many if any elite players this draft, but there are a lot of really solid players.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lacy, Hankins and Hopkins easily. At least two out of those three should be 49ers. No ifs, ands, or buts about it for me. Trent, make it happen!

I think Lacy could transition into the feature part of the offense starting right off the bat if he had to and I'd love to have somebody like that locked in cheap for a couple of seasons if Gore begins to fall off like I fear he might start to soon. I think Lacy has a fantastic chance to be SPECIAL.

It would be somewhat difficult emotionally seeing Gore phased out before he was done but I don't want to see his tank finally hit empty and be stuck with just an ok to good run game for part of a season.

There might be only a couple of people on this board who've appeared to like Kendall Hunter more than myself, but I wouldn't want to see them run an offense with Hunter and James, who I don't like a whole lot, for too long as the two main guys, especially now that Hunter had the injury.

I'd take on the Hankins past diet/conditioning/immaturity risk(s) if I were this team. He's another one that could be special. It's very difficult finding all that many tackles who move as well as Hankins does and are his size. He'd be one of the last guys I'd ever want to see against me in a cage fight. I think he can play in alot of different systems and fronts.

There's no other WR in this draft I'd rather have than Hopkins. None. And I think this class could produce quite a few good ones, too.

Cordarrelle Patteron's head scares the daylights out of me. His reported troubles with the playbook scare me. A coach who worked with him recently didn't give him a glowing endorsement which scares me as well.

I think Tavon Austin can and probably will be extremely scary in certain situations/packages but I don't feel THAT confident he'll be a top of the line number one for someone. I like Hopkins better.

Keenan Allen has intrigued me for quite a while. He's sneaky to me at this point. I'd like to and plan on going back and watching some of his games that I saved of his. Can't speak as much about him as I can on Hopkins and Austin but I think he has a chance to be one of the better ones in this class. Still, I like Hopkins better.

Terrance Williams is another one that is kind of sneaky. I saw more of him this year than Allen and I think he could be a pretty good one down the road, but I still like Hopkins better.

Wheaton, Woods, Dobson, and Sanders are all intriguing. Still would like to dig up more on Patton and I will at some point. Cobi Hamilton is another that I need more on. I'm forgetting some others.

Anyways, I kind of got off track but I wanted to talk about the WR class just a little bit because that may clear where I'm at on them because I could see someone questioning me for having Hopkins where I do, especially over Patterson, who I know a number of people on here like.

Getting back on point. I would possibly trade up for Warmack if I felt like he didn't have a two cent head. That's putting it in a manner without alot of detail but hopefully that makes sense.

If Lacy, Hankins and Hopkins were all gone I'd move up for Datone Jones. The fact more people in the draft world weren't talking more about him in October and November was stupid.

It wouldn't shock me if somebody fell head over heels for Kawann Short and took him in the first. He'd be on the fringe of that area if there was a run on all those guys I mentioned.

I'd love to get into the guys I'd trade up for in the 2nd round also because there are quite a few I'd love to have in that area, too. I'll hold off on that as to not change the thread up too much. Man, I really like alot of prospects this year. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg but I went on way too long.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know I am going to get a lot of flack for this, but I am stickin with MAH BOY.. Desmond Trufant.. Especially after running the way he did at the combine, I think there is no doubt in my mind he goes top 25.. I wouldn't mind moving our #34 and a third next year to get to 23ish and move in front of Indy who desperately needs corner help. I think Trufant is going to be a stud in this league. Just strikes me as the #1 personality with the ability to back that up.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow any of these guys make it to 20:

Floyd
Lotulelei (and his heart checks out)
Allen
Austin

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith, Sean Smith... We are going to be losing our Smiths in the next five years. (Justin, Reggie before... Sarcasm)

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy, Hankins and Hopkins easily. At least two out of those three should be 49ers. No ifs, ands, or buts about it for me. Trent, make it happen!

I think Lacy could transition into the feature part of the offense starting right off the bat if he had to and I'd love to have somebody like that locked in cheap for a couple of seasons if Gore begins to fall off like I fear he might start to soon. I think Lacy has a fantastic chance to be SPECIAL.

It would be somewhat difficult emotionally seeing Gore phased out before he was done but I don't want to see his tank finally hit empty and be stuck with just an ok to good run game for part of a season.

There might be only a couple of people on this board who've appeared to like Kendall Hunter more than myself, but I wouldn't want to see them run an offense with Hunter and James, who I don't like a whole lot, for too long as the two main guys, especially now that Hunter had the injury.

I'd take on the Hankins past diet/conditioning/immaturity risk(s) if I were this team. He's another one that could be special. It's very difficult finding all that many tackles who move as well as Hankins does and are his size. He'd be one of the last guys I'd ever want to see against me in a cage fight. I think he can play in alot of different systems and fronts.

There's no other WR in this draft I'd rather have than Hopkins. None. And I think this class could produce quite a few good ones, too.

Cordarrelle Patteron's head scares the daylights out of me. His reported troubles with the playbook scare me. A coach who worked with him recently didn't give him a glowing endorsement which scares me as well.

I think Tavon Austin can and probably will be extremely scary in certain situations/packages but I don't feel THAT confident he'll be a top of the line number one for someone. I like Hopkins better.

Keenan Allen has intrigued me for quite a while. He's sneaky to me at this point. I'd like to and plan on going back and watching some of his games that I saved of his. Can't speak as much about him as I can on Hopkins and Austin but I think he has a chance to be one of the better ones in this class. Still, I like Hopkins better.

Terrance Williams is another one that is kind of sneaky. I saw more of him this year than Allen and I think he could be a pretty good one down the road, but I still like Hopkins better.

Wheaton, Woods, Dobson, and Sanders are all intriguing. Still would like to dig up more on Patton and I will at some point. Cobi Hamilton is another that I need more on. I'm forgetting some others.

Anyways, I kind of got off track but I wanted to talk about the WR class just a little bit because that may clear where I'm at on them because I could see someone questioning me for having Hopkins where I do, especially over Patterson, who I know a number of people on here like.

Getting back on point. I would possibly trade up for Warmack if I felt like he didn't have a two cent head. That's putting it in a manner without alot of detail but hopefully that makes sense.

If Lacy, Hankins and Hopkins were all gone I'd move up for Datone Jones. The fact more people in the draft world weren't talking more about him in October and November was stupid.

It wouldn't shock me if somebody fell head over heels for Kawann Short and took him in the first. He'd be on the fringe of that area if there was a run on all those guys I mentioned.

I'd love to get into the guys I'd trade up for in the 2nd round also because there are quite a few I'd love to have in that area, too. I'll hold off on that as to not change the thread up too much. Man, I really like alot of prospects this year. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg but I went on way too long.

Pozz, would love to know who your 2nd round trade up targets are too, if you don't mind.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pozz, would love to know who your 2nd round trade up targets are too, if you don't mind.

Well, if they didn't trade up in the first and anyone I already mentioned was there at the start of the 2nd then obviously they'd have priority over these next names.

QB Tyler Wilson

RB Stepfan Taylor (Some lay into me that this is too high. Not for me)

WRs Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, and maybes on Markus Wheaton and Aaron Dobson.

S Eric Reid, Matt Elam, and Jonathan Cyprien.

CBs David Amerson and Darius Slay.

LB Jamie Collins and Trevardo Williams.

NTs Jesse Williams and Brandon Williams.

Taylor, all three safeties, the two CBs, and both NTs would be my main targets.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think Lacy would get drafted before 31 Pozz? And if you had to choose one guy to move up for who would it be?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think Lacy would get drafted before 31 Pozz? And if you had to choose one guy to move up for who would it be?

He's going to be drafted before 31. Barring trades it could be as high as 16 (STL) or 21 (CIN) or 22 (STL again). The one that most would consider more realistic are to either Green Bay at 26 or Atlanta at 30. Other than STL, that's maybe my worst case scenario in this 1st round. I think GB or ATL are the two favorites for him at this point unless one of them gets Steven Jackson in FA. I'd like to at least jump ahead of GB for him.

In the 2nd half of the first, Chicago, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Minnesota, Seattle, Houston, and New England could all be landing spots for Hopkins. Tavon Austin fits in there somewhere, too. It's conceivable some would or could go Patterson, Allen, and Hunter over him, too, though.

If I had to pick one over the other it'd be Lacy but that really hurts to say emotionally because I want both. They both appear to be really solid guys that I'd love to have as part of the core group of players to build around for the future. And obviously hopefully Kaepernick is going to be able to be the man leading it all.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man I am so pissed right now. I wrote up a detailed response to my views regarding the 2nd round. I accidentally closed the tab and causing me to lose everything I had written.

Anyway, let me try to sum up what I wrote:

Who would I trade for in the 2nd round? Well, by nature of the business I or anyone for that matter would have a much bigger list of prospects to choose from. Players who were projected to go in the mid first round is somehow still available to us at pick 34?! The more QBs or offensive linemen that goes in the 2nd round, the more likely some crazy talent will draft to us in the 2nd round. We all should be rooting for Menelik Watson to get drafted in the 1st round.

Hankins, if he is there in the 2nd round it's a mere no brainer IMO - I agree with Pozz's assessment in regard to what he is capable of doing for a man his size. Despite all of that, I wouldn't trade for him in the first - IF AND ONLY IF, Baalke's and coach Harb's vision for him is to utilize him solely as a NT. Several posters including Pozz, and primarily Sick has stated that they would draft him to play NT. I really do not want to target any NTs anywhere in the first round. However, if the coaches' plan was to use him primarily as a DE in our scheme, than by all means I am all for it (trading up to get him). For me to feel comfortable in trading up to draft him I would need to hear that DE would be his primary job description (of course here and there could sub in to play NT, but I mainly want him as a DE). Same thing with Star, I would love to see him in as a DE in our scheme. Ansah, I could see him play either DE for us or OLB. He would be a great fit for us at either position (he's athletic and stout enough to excel in either position). Unfortunately for Hankins, and fortunately for us there are other true NTs that I feel would be just as good as Hankins would be if were to play NT for us. John Jenkins and Brendon Williams for instance. They are two players I would rather wait and draft with our 2nd second round pick (61 overall).

Please note that we have the 34th pick, is it really worth it to trade up to the 33rd pick to draft a player? For instance, if Justin Hunter did not get drafted in the 2nd round, what would you think of? Do you wait for our 34th pick to draft him, or do you call Jacksonville to move up one spot to make a trade? There are only less than a hand full of players I would trade with Jacksonville with (Datone Jones, Hankins, Slay, Amerson).

Most players I would stay put at pick #34 and draft (Hunter, Hopkins, Allen, Williams, Jenkins, Short, Trufant, Eifert, Okafor, Poyer, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Jesse Williams, etc.)

I would move out of the 61st pick to move up higher. That list consist of many more players. Too many to list at this point. Brendon Williams, Barret Jones, Travis Frederick, Eric Reid, Zach Ertz, etc.)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bingo, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want a NT in the first round? Is it because Sopoaga played such few snaps?

If it is, I don't get that rationale because NT is probably the most important player on the entire defense when they line up 3 DL. And NT is a huge need if Sopoaga leaves (and I think it's still a need even if he doesn't leave).

Look at the Steelers' defense last decade. They had a lot of good players, but the single biggest reason they were so good was Casey Hampton IMO.