• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team Trade-Up For QB Trey Lance: All in favor?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to look at players with what I deem to be a "dead eye" meaning without bias, no sidebars, if. buts or exception. Added to that there's a lot of what they have done in actual competition and I just am not seeing where the Washington team hype is coming from. Outside of the fact that he is now with our team, seems to be a great guy to hang out with and can probably provide the material for hearty rib aching laughs I see a journeyman QB who is now on his 9th NFL roster primarily as a back-up. Help me out, what am I missing?

View attachment 269223

View attachment 269224

Your vision still seems to be 20/20 young man.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Lance or Fields whichever of the two are available at pick #7. This team has been waiting for a true star QB to fall into their laps for far too long and seems to be of the mindset employed by lottery players hoping to win the big one. Good luck with that foolishness, they must get their long term answer at the position now.

While there can be an argument made against it and for building up the rest of the team, factually in today's NFL you're going nowhere no matter how set you are everywhere else positionally. Of course the counterargument goes something like this. You have really good to great players on the team and have decided to continue building your team instead of getting the one piece that puts you in contention.

How then does this team sell that to the players that they have and will get instead? Without saying so, they are asking their current and near future players to sacrifice those years that are going to be played until the wait is over and they finally get the QB they covet. Then they're either hoping that he is an immediate star or they would have to sacrifice another season or two until he gets settled into the job. Seasons are valuable, careers don't last long and having to sacrifice them generally means that a high percentage won't be around when they finally decide to get that guy. Waiting is not sellable to players wanting to make the most out of playing the game. No thanks!
Well said Sir! :salute: