• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team Trade-Up For QB Trey Lance: All in favor?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair there's this from Russell. It's full of negative assumptions, some true others not so much, but the overriding point of fear of failure or in proper perspective something that you're almost guaranteed to do or more middle of the pack finishes if you stand pat.

Arguments Against: Washington Football Team Tra ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Argum....69i57.2432j0j1&pglt=299&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531#

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A future without a QB in today's NFL is... well.. not much of a future.

If I've posted it once then I've posted it a thousand times, where players end up reflects more about the organization than the player if/when they fail.

you wrote.. " We had the same fate as all the wildcard losers this past season. Imagine trading off numerous draft picks JUST to host another wildcard game we lose or miss the playoffs?? I'm looking for another GM soon."

Taylor Heinicke showed us what could be done with a good QB, imagine what could be done with an exceptional one. Or on the flip side imagine keeping all of your draft picks, getting no long term QB and repeating that wildcard fate over and over again, IF you're lucky and the division continues to be one of the worse in the game. Then you're looking for an entirely new staff top to bottom.

We've had exceptional QBs in Griffin and Cousins. The organization continues to shoot itself in the foot with poor management and culture.
Again, if we make the playoffs this year, I'd be more open to such a move, but right now we appear to have a staff that can motivate and outcoach teams that possess more talent. I've said it before, I was furious with some of the moves Rivera made before the season -- but things worked out and some things simply went our way for a change. The powers that be have went on record saying they are OK with letting the draft fall how it does(that can easily change draft night). Also on your thread #19 - players go through seasons knowing that they are TANKING, which IMO is them being told wait til next year..... The WFT roster has always been motivated despite the QB carousel. I believe they are close to something great, and that's why IMO....i HOPE they don't make Lance the face of the organization, UNLESS he can sit for at least a year.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other assets are there besides draft picks? The trading partner will want value in order to make the deal worthwhile. Sweat and Young are off of the table IMO, the rest I can part with.

If THEY feel Lance or Fields is a future top 7 QB I'd be willing to trade multiple 1st and a 2nd and 3rd.

I'm not going to pretend to know what these guys are gonna do in the league.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If THEY feel Lance or Fields is a future top 7 QB I'd be willing to trade multiple 1st and a 2nd and 3rd.

I feel like we got by last year BUT - we need help at OT and possibly a new RG.
Linebacker is a mess, TE is a need. And if Gibson has to miss significant time, we are weak at RB.
IF we use all this draft capitol to get Lance and don't surround him with talent, i don't think we get to a superbowl

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams that win and go to the playoffs every year are the ones with the top 10 QB. Other teams will make a run here and there, just like we have with RG3 and Kirk.

It's a gamble for sure, no denying that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had exceptional QBs in Griffin and Cousins. The organization continues to shoot itself in the foot with poor management and culture.
Again, if we make the playoffs this year, I'd be more open to such a move, but right now we appear to have a staff that can motivate and outcoach teams that possess more talent. I've said it before, I was furious with some of the moves Rivera made before the season -- but things worked out and some things simply went our way for a change. The powers that be have went on record saying they are OK with letting the draft fall how it does(that can easily change draft night). Also on your thread #19 - players go through seasons knowing that they are TANKING, which IMO is them being told wait til next year..... The WFT roster has always been motivated despite the QB carousel. I believe they are close to something great, and that's why IMO....i HOPE they don't make Lance the face of the organization, UNLESS he can sit for at least a year.
I'll not get into a discussion about Griffin and Cousins beyond stating that one was exceptional the other mediocre. Poor management is the key to having a successful transition from college to pro. I'm not sure what you mean by "motivated" but using both griffin and Cousins as a reference point, this is the result of that motivation if I'm understanding you correctly.

2012 =10-6
2013 = 3-13
2014 = 4-12
2015 = 9-7
2016 = 8-7-1
2017 = 7-9
2018 = 7-9
2019 = 3-13
2020 = 7-9

Washington has a horrible record of letting them sit, allowing them to learn and grooming them for the NFL game. Allowing the football people do their thing is also an issue here. If that is the impetus behind taking a chance on getting the long term answer at QB, then I understand. Just know that such paralyzing fear means being forever entrenched in mediocrity or worse. The very long record prior to and with or without either Griffin or Cousins proves it to be true.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one knows with any degree of certainty, I'll agree with that, however, when it comes to certainty, not getting the long term answer at QB will yield pretty poor results. Fields IMO ( we can have opinions correct?) is the best QB in this class simply because he isn't going to Jacksonville. He'll be OROY if he goes to San Francisco and starts which isn't a given. Lance is very raw and needs to sit, observe and absorb the game, learn as the season goes on then get his start when he is ready the following season. The problem with trading up isn't the trade, but a reluctance to exhibit patience, sit him, and groom him properly, after trading whatever it costs to get into position to draft him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Cooley likes Jones and Lance over Fields and also said Wilson is the best QB in the draft. Cooley killed the Skins for taking Haskins @15 and was begging them not to do it heading into the draft.

Cooley also said Menshew(spelling) was gonna be a steal for someone. I really trust Cooley but wow, Wilson over Lawrence is a hot take for sure.

That's why I say if Rivera REALLY believes in someone, whomever that is, and they can get him without giving up the d line, I hope they do it. Otherwise, I'm hoping for Parsons, maybe Slater slips, or a trade down and draft Toney or Bateman.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has a horrible record of letting them sit, allowing them to learn and grooming them for the NFL game. Allowing the football people do their thing is also an issue here. If that is the impetus behind taking a chance on getting the long term answer at QB, then I understand. Just know that such paralyzing fear means being forever entrenched in mediocrity or worse. The very long record prior to and with or without either Griffin or Cousins proves it to be true
You're excellent at decoding. That is the impetus for me. Griffin was not so great but the staff got greatness out of him despite poor offensive talent surrounding him, Cousins got a chance to sit and became above average. They both were pro bowl playoff leading qbs, and they both were mishandled with nothing to show for it. Nearly 10 years later, i still think its too soon to ask a 22 year old to deal with thoughts on name change, cam newton comparisons, cheerleader scandal....oh and if he doesn't bring back immediate returns in the trade, the media will destroy him. I'm comfortable with Fitz and Taylor for a couple of years

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trask, Mills or Mond could all be franchise QB's and they would also get to sit a year to learn and develop

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Trask at all, I'm for Mond or Mills in the 4th and sitting a year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Lance or Fields whichever of the two are available at pick #7. This team has been waiting for a true star QB to fall into their laps for far too long and seems to be of the mindset employed by lottery players hoping to win the big one. Good luck with that foolishness, they must get their long term answer at the position now.

While there can be an argument made against it and for building up the rest of the team, factually in today's NFL you're going nowhere no matter how set you are everywhere else positionally. Of course the counterargument goes something like this. You have really good to great players on the team and have decided to continue building your team instead of getting the one piece that puts you in contention.

How then does this team sell that to the players that they have and will get instead? Without saying so, they are asking their current and near future players to sacrifice those years that are going to be played until the wait is over and they finally get the QB they covet. Then they're either hoping that he is an immediate star or they would have to sacrifice another season or two until he gets settled into the job. Seasons are valuable, careers don't last long and having to sacrifice them generally means that a high percentage won't be around when they finally decide to get that guy. Waiting is not sellable to players wanting to make the most out of playing the game. No thanks!
we diverge at this point . i would like the long term qb solved this year if it doesnt mortgage the future . if we cant make it happen then next year there will be a draft and another couple of cant miss qbs as well

so i dont think there is a hole lot of pressure to force a bad trade . on draft nite the price should be cheaper and if it reasonable we should do it . but if not then simply build our team

what i dont want is to be out our picks , our d/line and the qb that fails us as well

we tried to go get our qb and he failed . he is a career BU now . we had our franchise qb that we drafted but we let him walk over money and he fell right to us

we blew the JC and ramsey trade ups as well

but again if the price is reasonable i would pull the trigger

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you watch trask vs alabama and come away thinking he has no chance in the NFL then you are blind . but i have seen trask not process the field and make poor choices

can you coach him through his flaws ? unknown . i like mond and i like mills - the injuries

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of cuts, trades and trade offers to come. Lots of teams aren't going to be cap compliant after they sign their draft picks. The NFC is crumbling before our eyes, the WFT on the other hand is rising

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So you think a 2nd and next years first is enough to move up? I dont think do. Why would any team in the top 10 move to 19? The teams that could trade up are Denver, eagles, and pats. Im against trading up.
Let's just see how this unfolds. So your against trading up for a franchise qb? Your not sold on Lance. Yes, #19, #51, 2022 1st and possibly LC.
If it works out for us, Lance will be ready when all peices around him are set in year 2.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnfl%2Fpanthers.png

PANTHERS GET
NO. 19 OVERALL (2021)
1ST ROUND PICK (2022)
4TH ROUND PICK (2022)

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnfl%2Fwashingtonfootball.png

FOOTBALL TEAM GET
NO. 8 OVERALL (2021)

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has played in 18 college games vs who?

This sucks!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is lance - josh allen, Lamar jackson, Carson wentz pre injury, kyler murray, hurts? I think not, I'll go all out another draft class