• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team Trade-Up For QB Trey Lance: All in favor?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it depends on the cost . 19 51 and one of the 3rd rounders would be a start . you cant lose sweat and allen from the d/line and compete well on defense .

you cant line up smith williams as your starting DE or casey toohill

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lance is legit, he’s worth giving up Sweat.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and second rounders and sweat is too steep a price for a qb who I believe has played 19 games in college, yes?

The best play remains staying put or trading back to fill the roster with a deep draft.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looking at a place in Chelsea, MA.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a hard hard pass for me, we had poor, conservative QB play and actually should have finished 9-7.
This year, the minor upgrades we'll make through the draft should should help whoever plays QB win games.
Lance is NOT Cam Newton 2.0 ...not worth the risk, the team is still being built. There are going to be gems at 19.
We may even land picks for '22 if we just wait it out

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in on Lance, said that long ago. If he gets past ATL Rivera will be ready. Great situation with Fitz here. I'm never giving up Young or Sweat so, 19, 51, 2022 1st should do it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Lance or Fields whichever of the two are available at pick #7. This team has been waiting for a true star QB to fall into their laps for far too long and seems to be of the mindset employed by lottery players hoping to win the big one. Good luck with that foolishness, they must get their long term answer at the position now.

While there can be an argument made against it and for building up the rest of the team, factually in today's NFL you're going nowhere no matter how set you are everywhere else positionally. Of course the counterargument goes something like this. You have really good to great players on the team and have decided to continue building your team instead of getting the one piece that puts you in contention.

How then does this team sell that to the players that they have and will get instead? Without saying so, they are asking their current and near future players to sacrifice those years that are going to be played until the wait is over and they finally get the QB they covet. Then they're either hoping that he is an immediate star or they would have to sacrifice another season or two until he gets settled into the job. Seasons are valuable, careers don't last long and having to sacrifice them generally means that a high percentage won't be around when they finally decide to get that guy. Waiting is not sellable to players wanting to make the most out of playing the game. No thanks!

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for moving up but not at the cost of one of our d linemam.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for moving up but not at the cost of one of our d linemam.
What other assets are there besides draft picks? The trading partner will want value in order to make the deal worthwhile. Sweat and Young are off of the table IMO, the rest I can part with.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all these teams are so desperate to overdraft a QB, this draft class has far too much talent to be as desperate. It is highly likely an exceptional talent will fall to 19.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing! both sides of the fence on an argument are played, right before the firing squad comes in to execute all opposed to weakening the future of an organization for instant gratification.
Trevor Lawrence would bust here.
This organization is STILL a circus, make the playoffs again?
We gain some credibility. We had the same fate as all the wildcard losers this past season. Imagine trading off numerous draft picks JUST to host another wildcard game we lose or miss the playoffs?? I'm looking for another GM soon.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all these teams are so desperate to overdraft a QB, this draft class has far too much talent to be as desperate. It is highly likely an exceptional talent will fall to 19.
I'll start another new thread about BPA vs Need.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing! both sides of the fence on an argument are played, right before the firing squad comes in to execute all opposed to weakening the future of an organization for instant gratification.
Trevor Lawrence would bust here.
This organization is STILL a circus, make the playoffs again?
We gain some credibility. We had the same fate as all the wildcard losers this past season. Imagine trading off numerous draft picks JUST to host another wildcard game we lose or miss the playoffs?? I'm looking for another GM soon.
A future without a QB in today's NFL is... well.. not much of a future.

If I've posted it once then I've posted it a thousand times, where players end up reflects more about the organization than the player if/when they fail.

you wrote.. " We had the same fate as all the wildcard losers this past season. Imagine trading off numerous draft picks JUST to host another wildcard game we lose or miss the playoffs?? I'm looking for another GM soon."

Taylor Heinicke showed us what could be done with a good QB, imagine what could be done with an exceptional one. Or on the flip side imagine keeping all of your draft picks, getting no long term QB and repeating that wildcard fate over and over again, IF you're lucky and the division continues to be one of the worse in the game. Then you're looking for an entirely new staff top to bottom.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick question or three for everyone who's ever played organized ball (sport doesn't matter) and had a goal of winning championships.

When you played did you ever find yourself in a position in which you said or were asked to wait to win games because in future seasons there will be better players than you joining the team?

How many years was your window open and you were willing to sacrifice any one of them because there wasn't a win now attitude with the team that you had?

I get building for the future but when exactly is that, and what does that say about the present or selling it to your current guys? Tick, tick, tick tick, tick.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in on Lance, said that long ago. If he gets past ATL Rivera will be ready. Great situation with Fitz here. I'm never giving up Young or Sweat so, 19, 51, 2022 1st should do it.

lol. So you think a 2nd and next years first is enough to move up? I dont think do. Why would any team in the top 10 move to 19? The teams that could trade up are Denver, eagles, and pats. Im against trading up.