• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

guys we need to re-sign

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot about Phil Dawson. He's in my Boldin category.

I think Crabtree is replaceable. I wouldn't pay him the money he wants.
I'd rather draft one of Benjamin, Evans, Moncrief or Cooks, and I'd take a flyer on Britt.

Ya, I think Dawson is especially important. Because of the 49ers ineptitude in the red zone, an accurate kicker is a must.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more likely that Iupati is gone after his contract runs out.

We will resign Boldin, Kap, Crabs and Aldon for sure within the next year or so.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree, but Crabtree is really starting to grow on me. He shows a toughness and determination that I did not think he had his first couple of seasons.

I can name a bunch of receivers I'd rather have than Crabtree. Crabtree is decent but to me he's not a top 10 WR in the league. I'd put him somewhere around 20th best receiver in the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took us a long time to find a #1 WR so I would want to keep Crabtree. Look how long it took to land a #2 WR.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can name a bunch of receivers I'd rather have than Crabtree. Crabtree is decent but to me he's not a top 10 WR in the league. I'd put him somewhere around 20th best receiver in the league.

Crabtree is just in the wrong situation. He would excel with a Qb who can throw to a spot and throw him open. He uses his body and hands well to shield a defender away from the ball but kaepernick is not accurate enough to take advantage of that skill. Additionally, kaepernick has no ability to see where a route is going and throw it to that spot. It will be tough for him to play at his best with Kaepernick back there. Put Crabtree with Brady, Brees or someone of that caliber and he will be a star.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boldin beat Crabs top yrds in one season.

Playing with Kap for a full season. Smith hasn't shown an ability to really take advantage of his WRs to date. Particularly on the outside. Bowe had his worst YPG year this season with Smith at QB.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing with Kap for a full season. Smith hasn't shown an ability to really take advantage of his WRs to date. Particularly on the outside. Bowe had his worst YPG year this season with Smith at QB.
My comment was about the top WR to the 9ers...Boldin is the #1 at the moment.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might add to this that Bowe is a terrible fit for both Smith and Reid and I'm honestly surprised that he was re-signed. Bowe doesn't have the quickness or explosion in his routes that Reid likes in receivers historically, he is a big bodied receiver who uses his size to get open more than anything. Smith plays on a safe side, he likes to throw safe passes to guys who are open, Bowe historically isn't as open as other might be as his style is to use his body to create space between him and the defender, he then makes catches away from the body. Although Smith occasionally used Crabtree in this manner on quick slants, Bowe does not have the hands that Crabtree does, Bowe did catch some of these passes from Smith this season but it certainly wasn't as efficient as Crabs.

I don't disagree that Smith doesn't like to throw to receivers on the outside, I'm just pointing out that Bowe is a bad example because he is such a poor fit.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I might add to this that Bowe is a terrible fit for both Smith and Reid and I'm honestly surprised that he was re-signed. Bowe doesn't have the quickness or explosion in his routes that Reid likes in receivers historically, he is a big bodied receiver who uses his size to get open more than anything. Smith plays on a safe side, he likes to throw safe passes to guys who are open, Bowe historically isn't as open as other might be as his style is to use his body to create space between him and the defender, he then makes catches away from the body. Although Smith occasionally used Crabtree in this manner on quick slants, Bowe does not have the hands that Crabtree does, Bowe did catch some of these passes from Smith this season but it certainly wasn't as efficient as Crabs.

I don't disagree that Smith doesn't like to throw to receivers on the outside, I'm just pointing out that Bowe is a bad example because he is such a poor fit.

Sure, but Crabtree - though somewhat quicker - is a similar player in that he doesn't regularly get wide open. And although Bowe may not be the best comparison point, we've never seem Smith really take advantage of a WR.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoking the catnip again Toby?

Can you cop a buzz off that shit? I just thought it was funny that you called Boldin the #1 receiver on the Niners, that's all.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Boldin was the #1 receiver on the 9ers most of this year..Crabs was injured a good part of the time at the very least..and well Crabs didn't make the big play when it counted for 2 years now. Sooo that means he hasn't elevated himself to being THE #1 as of yet. Good but not good enough to get it done and won.:L

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you cop a buzz off that shit? I just thought it was funny that you called Boldin the #1 receiver on the Niners, that's all.
Not sure...I'll give it a try. Boldin is currently the #1 WR of the 9ers. The numbers on that are a simple fact.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was about the top WR to the 9ers...Boldin is the #1 at the moment.

Boldin is not a #1 anymore. Very good #2 WR. Also Boldin is old. Crabtree is younger.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin is not a #1 anymore. Very good #2 WR. Also Boldin is old. Crabtree is younger.
Of course Boldin is the #1...Crabs has to earn that back if he can stay healthy. IMO Crabs is not fit for this team. The 9ers need aggressive WRs to deal with Kaps darts and one read skills. Boldin is tops on the current list and I'm hoping for Evans to join the club for the same reason.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is the case for Boldin the 9ers do no possess a #1 wr on their team. Which could be the case but Boldin still had the ability to bail Kap out last year and is the #1 wr on there roster.