• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Jennings

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if there's a f/a thread or not, if there is, hopefully one of the mods can move this.

Did I hear them say that he was going to be available next season? Would anybody be opposed to bringing him in instead of bringing Moss back?

I don't know how much he'd cost, but talent wise he would be a nice pickup. He'd be a player we could sign for 3 years and expect solid production for all of them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's a FA at the end of the season and the Packers right now are not expected to have him back.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a Free Agent, but I'm pretty sure he wants top top dollar. That is the part that disinterests me, plus... in my opinion Crabtree is playing way too good to break the bank on a FA WR.

If it matters, I believe he said in an NFL Network interview that he wants to play in a dome.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is a Free Agent, but I'm pretty sure he wants top top dollar. That is the part that disinterests me, plus... in my opinion Crabtree is playing way too good to break the bank on a FA WR.

If it matters, I believe he said in an NFL Network interview that he wants to play in a dome.

It's possible he said something that I missed, but this is what I heard him say about playing in a dome:

Some Packers don't like cold weather

Not convinced it would be a deal breaker.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

It's possible he said something that I missed, but this is what I heard him say about playing in a dome:

Some Packers don't like cold weather

Not convinced it would be a deal breaker.

Yeah, I doubt his dome preference is a deal breaker. But, since he has his super bowl ring it allows him to just chase his preferences of lots of money to secure his family's future and playing for a dome team.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be available but I'd rather have J Jones

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still really excited about the Crabtree and Manningham combination with CK at QB. So, I'm not that interested in a high priced FA WR. Even though Randy really didn't contribute much statistically, I really love how big of an impact he has had on the offense. The attention he draws away from Crabtree and VD is huge, along with how great of a teammate he has been.

I'm biased though because I'm a big Randy Moss fan, he and Barry Sanders are my favorite non 49ers players, well I guess I can't really say Randy is a non-49er anymore :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jennings done in Green Bay?: Facing a financial windfall this offseason, receiver Greg Jennings hinted on Monday he was not coming back to the Packers in 2013. The free-agent-to-be said he had "to do what's best for myself and my family" while cleaning out his locker after the Packers lost to the 49ers in the divisional playoffs. Jennings had six catches for 54 yards and a touchdown in the 45-31 defeat. When asked what the most difficult part would be about leaving Green Bay, Jennings didn't sound disappointed. "I don't know if there's a difficult part," he said according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Like I said, I'm excited for the future. Football is going to be football. I'm excited for that."
(Updated 1/14/13)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is one of free agents I'd like to see come over. I wouldn't mind Wes Welker either. But don't tell Clyde I said that; he thinks Kentawn Balmer is better than Welker.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still really excited about the Crabtree and Manningham combination with CK at QB. So, I'm not that interested in a high priced FA WR. Even though Randy really didn't contribute much statistically, I really love how big of an impact he has had on the offense. The attention he draws away from Crabtree and VD is huge, along with how great of a teammate he has been.

I'm biased though because I'm a big Randy Moss fan, he and Barry Sanders are my favorite non 49ers players, well I guess I can't really say Randy is a non-49er anymore :)

I really like Manningham too, but he blew out two major ligaments in his knee a few weeks ago. he won't be back to form next season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is one of free agents I'd like to see come over. I wouldn't mind Wes Welker either. But don't tell Clyde I said that; he thinks Kentawn Balmer is better than Welker.

I wouldn't mind a little GJ either. I like Manningham but to your point how bad is his injury, how long will it take to heal and will he ever get back to form?

As for Kentwan Balmer being better than Wes Welker - I think I'm going to have to agree with that - Welker can't rush the QB to save his life! ;)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind a little GJ either. I like Manningham but to your point how bad is his injury, how long will it take to heal and will he ever get back to form?

As for Kentwan Balmer being better than Wes Welker - I think I'm going to have to agree with that - Welker can't rush the QB to save his life! ;)

Damn! Clyde bested me again!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna cost too much and isn't worth what he would bring to the table in our offense. I think he benefits a lot from Rodgers and their system.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna cost too much and isn't worth what he would bring to the table in our offense. I think he benefits a lot from Rodgers and their system.

I think any receiver would benefit from that but I think Jennings is a better version of Manningham and would fill that role nicely. They are going to need someone to take some of the attention off of Crabtree and I don't see anyone on the current roster who will be able to do that next year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any receiver would benefit from that but I think Jennings is a better version of Manningham and would fill that role nicely. They are going to need someone to take some of the attention off of Crabtree and I don't see anyone on the current roster who will be able to do that next year.

Which is why I want badly to draft a guy like Patterson in the first round. He could instantly be like a Cobb at a fraction of the price of GJ. We really need to go in to this draft and bundle picks to move up higher in the early rounds if need be to get quality over quantity.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I want badly to draft a guy like Patterson in the first round. He could instantly be like a Cobb at a fraction of the price of GJ. We really need to go in to this draft and bundle picks to move up higher in the early rounds if need be to get quality over quantity.

You just need to look at AJ Jenkins to see the possible problem with that scenario. Wouldn't you rather have a known entity; a guy we know can play in the NFL? I'd rather use the draft for a Center, another D Lineman or a bigger RB like Eddie Lacy.. I don't profess to know where the 49ers stand as far as cap space.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just need to look at AJ Jenkins to see the possible problem with that scenario. Wouldn't you rather have a known entity; a guy we know can play in the NFL? I'd rather use the draft for a Center, another D Lineman or a bigger RB like Eddie Lacy.. I don't profess to know where the 49ers stand as far as cap space.

AJ Jenkins was a known wtf pick by just about everyone on this board. Not the same scenario as drafting Patterson. At the very least Patterson can take over every role Ginn and KW were providing in the return game day 1.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everyone given up on AJ Jenkins?

No, but the coaching staff clearly has this season. He got the shot and dropped it and I haven't seen him since. Ginn is getting play over him. That speaks volumes.