• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Jennings

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha! Marquis Lee is the most dominant player in the game and Woods, when healthy, is very, very good. No one can touch that receiving corps of SC this year.

watched the entire USC/Hawaii game and spots of others involving USC. in this limited sampling, felt Lee needed to "push off" more than others? Woods not as much?

all receivers use their hands so not saying he JUST uses his hands? am saying he seems to use it more forcefully than typical? if i'm wrong no problem, it is based on limited viewing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the entire USC/Hawaii game and spots of others involving USC. in this limited sampling, felt Lee needed to "push off" more than others? Woods not as much?

all receivers use their hands so not saying he JUST uses his hands? am saying he seems to use it more forcefully than typical? if i'm wrong no problem, it is based on limited viewing.

Wait till you get a load of this guy in the pros. He is unstoppable. First team All American, for good reason. He is the best player in college football, hands down; he does everything and he's only a sophomore.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait till you get a load of this guy in the pros. He is unstoppable. First team All American, for good reason. He is the best player in college football, hands down; he does everything and he's only a sophomore.

No he is not! Hands down he is not the best player in college football. He may not even be the best receiver in the nation by this time next year. He still has to contend with Sammy Watkins for that title, and none of them are better players than Jadeveon Clowney. Bar None!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Vols duo over anything USC throws out at that position. Patterson is a player - funny thing, I was just reading about him and how he could really be elite with his abilities. The Niners could defnitely need some WR's considering our situation with Moss and Manningham probably not coming back next year. AJ Jenkins needs more time and so the other guys in the position are KW and Ginn Jr? Getting someone such as a Denarius Moore type would help this team but Patterson has all the tools to be much, much better than Moore, both of whom attended the same school btw.

First sentence is dead on. If Hunter returns to pre injury Hunter then there really is no need to ever compare again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not! Hands down he is not the best player in college football. He may not even be the best receiver in the nation by this time next year. He still has to contend with Sammy Watkins for that title, and none of them are better players than Jadeveon Clowney. Bar None!

No, Lee is far more dynamic and versatile. Clowney is good but the position he plays does not allow him to have as much value as Lee. Lee is far and away the best player in college football. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, be it pass, run, or kickoff as he has shown this year. There hasn't been a combination possession and YAC/deep threat like him since I can remember.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those injuries are a lot to come back from in that short a period. Some of it will depend on Manningham's willingness to work I think.

"Receiver Mario Manningham, who sustained a torn ACL and posterior cruciate ligament against the Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 23, is scheduled for surgery this week after just recently getting off crutches. The swelling in Manningham's knee had to subside before surgery could occur." Matt Maiocco

Did anyone else know this? So at best he comes back for the regular season opener. I think we have to draft a WR or pick one up in FA. That or hope that Jenkins develops this offseason

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Receiver Mario Manningham, who sustained a torn ACL and posterior cruciate ligament against the Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 23, is scheduled for surgery this week after just recently getting off crutches. The swelling in Manningham's knee had to subside before surgery could occur." Matt Maiocco

Did anyone else know this? So at best he comes back for the regular season opener. I think we have to draft a WR or pick one up in FA. That or hope that Jenkins develops this offseason

I didn't. But I did know that doctors have to wait for the swelling to go down before they can see what the actual damage is prior to deciding on what type of surgery is needed. I would not count on him being ready next year; I think Peterson was the exception rather than the rule. I remember the same injury ended Leslie Frazier's career in the Super Bowl. I'm not counting on Jenkins either; I'd like to see them go after someone in FA.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I was waiting for this post. :)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not convinced Manningham will be on the roster opening day. He's set to make about $4M next season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not convinced Manningham will be on the roster opening day. He's set to make about $4M next season.

I didn't think he'd be back even before he tore his knee up. Now it's almost guaranteed.

I think the Niners could possibly part ways with Whitner too. He's makin' a grip. And I hope to God Goodwin is gone. Haralson & Akers need to go. CJ Spillman is making too much for a ST guy too.

I also wouldn't rule out Rogers getting cut, but I don't think it'll happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think he'd be back even before he tore his knee up. Now it's almost guaranteed.

I think the Niners could possibly part ways with Whitner too. He's makin' a grip. And I hope to God Goodwin is gone. Haralson & Akers need to go. CJ Spillman is making too much for a ST guy too.

I also wouldn't rule out Rogers getting cut, but I don't think it'll happen.

window licking!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
window licking!

lol!

I hope the irony of that post was more than obvious; it was the best I could do at a moment's notice. I need to get better smack before I'm a refined asshole. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Lee is far more dynamic and versatile. Clowney is good but the position he plays does not allow him to have as much value as Lee. Lee is far and away the best player in college football. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, be it pass, run, or kickoff as he has shown this year. There hasn't been a combination possession and YAC/deep threat like him since I can remember.

I'm gonna go ahead and pass on USC QB's and WR's from now on. They never pan out at the next level. If he's there to sign as an undrafted FA, then fine, but I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Amari.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go ahead and pass on USC QB's and WR's from now on. They never pan out at the next level. If he's there to sign as an undrafted FA, then fine, but I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him.

Ha ha! Tat's a good one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol!

I hope the irony of that post was more than obvious; it was the best I could do at a moment's notice. I need to get better smack before I'm a refined asshole. :)

if "smack" isn't in you, it won't show no matter how hard you try.