• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Jennings

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins was a known wtf pick by just about everyone on this board. Not the same scenario as drafting Patterson. At the very least Patterson can take over every role Ginn and KW were providing in the return game day 1.

Tell me a little about Patterson. I don't know who you mean.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's gonna cost too much and isn't worth what he would bring to the table in our offense. I think he benefits a lot from Rodgers and their system.

If Kaep continues to develop as a passer (a true dual threat QB), I think someone like Manningham would be ideal for him in this system. I hope he is able to rehab well and comes back at 100%. Jennings is one hell of a route runner, once he hits free agency, he's going to get a rude awakening (the market for him is not what he thought he would receive). Then we can make a move for him and get him for a fair price. He's not a deep threat, nor is he able to win jump balls like his current teammates Jones, but the guy is a heck of a route runner - he is able to get open with ease and is a smart player. This year though, I haven't seen the same ability with regard to getting seperation with ease. So I agree with Ray and that we shouldn't be "desperate" to bring him in. If he falls on our lap, then so be it, but I wouldn't pursue him intensely at all. I'd rather go for a rookie (Patterson or Austin).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but the coaching staff clearly has this season. He got the shot and dropped it and I haven't seen him since. Ginn is getting play over him. That speaks volumes.

Yes it does.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me a little about Patterson. I don't know who you mean.

Cordarelle Patterson of the University of Tennessee. Was a JUCO transfer that played one season for the Vols. I wanna say he was the #1 rated JUCO WR at the time. He never even learned all the playbook but he still broke the SEC record for all purpose yards if I recall correctly. He has size, speed, hands, and leaping ability but his best attribute is what I call yards with the ball. Once he gets a pass, toss, handoff, or catching a kick, look out. He makes cuts at full speed that breaks peoples ankles unlike any WR I have seen. The big question mark is his melon and refining route running. Were the routes off because he didn't learn the playbook? Can he learn the playbook? Stuff like that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ Jenkins was a known wtf pick by just about everyone on this board. Not the same scenario as drafting Patterson. At the very least Patterson can take over every role Ginn and KW were providing in the return game day 1.

60% of the people were pleased by that pick when it was made. I wasn't one of them. We can easily go back and dig that thread up to see what I'm talking about. I always said that we drafted the wrong "Jenkins".

Jenkins need to forfeit his vacation plan with his family this summer and remain in the team facility. He needs to bulk up a whole lot and work on his craft. He still has a chance to be a descent # 2 but I always knew that he didn't have what it to be a # 1 receiver in the league.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordarelle Patterson of the University of Tennessee. Was a JUCO transfer that played one season for the Vols. I wanna say he was the #1 rated JUCO WR at the time. He never even learned all the playbook but he still broke the SEC record for all purpose yards if I recall correctly. He has size, speed, hands, and leaping ability but his best attribute is what I call yards with the ball. Once he gets a pass, toss, handoff, or catching a kick, look out. He makes cuts at full speed that breaks peoples ankles unlike any WR I have seen. The big question mark is his melon and refining route running. Were the routes off because he didn't learn the playbook? Can he learn the playbook? Stuff like that.

That concerns me. Harbaugh has a very short patience with guys like that. What about Robert Woods from USC? He's coming out. I love that guy. He took a back seat last year due to off season surgery and the emergence of Marquis Lee, who I think is the best player in college football, but Woods was Marquis Lee before Marquis was. He caught 111 passes as a sophomore.

......." Woods was a three-year starter for the Trojans and leaves as the all-time school leader in receptions -- 252 -- to go along with 2,930 receiving yards. He was also a tremendous kickoff and punt returner, with 4,619 all-purpose yards in his career Woods showed a knowledge of the playbook and a fierce competitive nature as he led the Trojans with 65 catches and a USC freshman record with 1,817 all-purpose yards......"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60% of the people were pleased by that pick when it was made. I wasn't one of them. We can easily go back and dig that thread up to see what I'm talking about. I always said that we drafted the wrong "Jenkins".Jenkins need to forfeit his vacation plan with his family this summer and remain in the team facility. He needs to bulk up a whole lot and work on his craft. He still has a chance to be a descent # 2 but I always knew that he didn't have what it to be a # 1 receiver in the league.

Ha ha! Leave it to you to inject the Janoris Jenkins controversy into the thread. Nicely done!

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, but the coaching staff clearly has this season. He got the shot and dropped it and I haven't seen him since. Ginn is getting play over him. That speaks volumes.

unfortunately, it does speak volumes on Jenkins. that he isn't playing ahead of Ginn, not he dropped ONE pass.

not against a FA WR in general, cause we don't know what Moss will do? fortunately, Crabtree, Manningham, and KW are all veteran themselves. even if we assume Manningham and KW won't be the same, leaning on Crabtree isn't a bad thing. he has that chemistry with Kaep, so why not catch 90-100 passes?

getting back to Jenkins, we still have to give him every opportunity to succeed.......next off-season. let him play in OTA's, and pre-season games, to make sure.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, those who went on the Ginn bashing campaign yesterday should have instead immediately turned their attention towards Jenkins. Jenkins had every opportunity to overtake Ginn on the todem pole throughout the year. He should have easily leapfrogged over emergency WR Ginn by the first game of the season.

When James is able to come in and earn significant playing time, it's not like the coaching staff is averse to throwing rookies out there. This is just not the time for him to be eased into action... but maybe he can get a few catches in this one. Crabtree needs to stay healthy right now!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has everyone given up on AJ Jenkins?

No! Not at all. This time last year I didn't say a word about Culliver. In year two, you need to show your worth.

Same thing will apply for Jenkins. Especially for a first round pick. During he offseason Clyde and I were justify why it was imperative to give Kaep a shot at the position since we knew what Alex had to offer. I remember justifying my reasoning based on his draft selection and what we had to do in order to select him. You don't make such a huge investment and say, you know what we are not going to use you yet....

Jenkins, who is a first round pick, should have been able to show signs of promise in year one. First round picks are supposed to be used on players who are able to come in right away and play (not necessarily at a high level, but at least show that you an above average contributor). Jenkins has not received any criticism from me this year despite him not playing to his draft selection. However, I promise you guys I will give him more heat (more than I gave Culliver this year if 2014 doesn't show any sign of improvement. I mean dramatic improvement.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some nice punt returns in this one including the old sit on the player and keep going for a TD.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No! Not at all. This time last year I didn't say a word about Culliver. In year two, you need to show your worth.

Same thing will apply for Jenkins. Especially for a first round pick. During he offseason Clyde and I were justify why it was imperative to give Kaep a shot at the position since we knew what Alex had to offer. I remember justifying my reasoning based on his draft selection and what we had to do in order to select him. You don't make such a huge investment and say, you know what we are not going to use you yet....

Jenkins, who is a first round pick, should have been able to show signs of promise in year one. First round picks are supposed to be used on players who are able to come in right away and play (not necessarily at a high level, but at least show that you an above average contributor). Jenkins has not received any criticism from me this year despite him not playing to his draft selection. However, I promise you guys I will give him more heat (more than I gave Culliver this year if 2014 doesn't show any sign of improvement. I mean dramatic improvement.

He has received a lot from me for that very reason. He is such an object of scorn and derision to me I can barely utter his name without getting pissed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you won't be alone, this board is very good at criticizing. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, those who went on the Ginn bashing campaign yesterday should have instead immediately turned their attention towards Jenkins. Jenkins had every opportunity to overtake Ginn on the todem pole throughout the year. He should have easily leapfrogged over emergency WR Ginn by the first game of the season.

When James is able to come in and earn significant playing time, it's not like the coaching staff is averse to throwing rookies out there. This is just not the time for him to be eased into action... but maybe he can get a few catches in this one. Crabtree needs to stay healthy right now!

yep, thought he should've been getting reps at the tail end of the regular season. even say 2-3 per game would've been ok.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I seen a mock earlier today this is what they wrote on him:

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

The Bengals need to find another receiver who can complement A.J. Green, Patterson is an unknown because there is not a lot of film to judge him by, but he is 6'3" with incredible hands and explosive speed off the line of scrimmage.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! I found a youtube of that short run against Kentucky Bingo. One of the best short runs I can remember. Go to :34 seconds.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen a mock earlier today this is what they wrote on him:

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

The Bengals need to find another receiver who can complement A.J. Green, Patterson is an unknown because there is not a lot of film to judge him by, but he is 6'3" with incredible hands and explosive speed off the line of scrimmage.

HAHA, they should have tuned to ESPN more often and watched him this season. What other film do you need Singletary?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
you won't be alone, this board is very good at criticizing. :-)

It is not you moron! How could you know how to use a computer and still make such a stupid, asinine statement like that? Go in tommorow and ask your 6th grade teacher or the rest of the retards in your class to teach you how to develop a coherent thought; and ask for a clue in life for Christmas. Maybe then you won't look like such a window-licking jackass!

Owned. :)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I didn't even bother watching the second half of that Kentucky game this year, but man he killed them now that I watched it on youtube. He was doing his Fitz impersonation and skying up and grabbing the rock. Wow. Gonna absolutely crush me if I have to watch this guy play for some other NFL team.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
YES! I found a youtube of that short run against Kentucky Bingo. One of the best short runs I can remember. Go to :34 seconds.

The kid is amazing. He can stretch the field like Torrey Smith, and has a running back's ability to cut and juke multiple players at will. He is as deadly as someone like Percy Harvin to game plan against. He would make like so easy for Vernon and Crabtree. Our offense would be unmatched.