• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greedy Williams

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be far from the first CB to become a stud after dropping behind others in the draft. Richard Sherman was a 4th rounder and was the best CB in the league for several years. Desmond King, Jason McCourty, Pierre Desir, Xavien Howard, Casey Hayward, Darius Slay, Trumaine Johnson, and Steven Nelson were drafted 2nd round or (some much) later. Chris Harris, Bryce Callahan, and AJ Bouye were UDFA. They were all top 25 CBs in the league last year.

From what I heard, Greedy didn't interview that well, and he also didn't make any pre-draft visits, which helped his drop. However, his on the field performance - in a conference with elite WRs - should have Browns fans really excited.

Good point...what you're saying is you don't have to be a 1st rd pick to be a good CB...agree 100%.

The difference is most of the players you mentioned were not pre draft 1st round picks...the point I'm making is you said he was an outstanding cover CB. Yet, historically such players are one of the 1st off the board at their position.

It's going to be fun watching this yr to see how all these young CBs develop.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point...what you're saying is you don't have to be a 1st rd pick to be a good CB...agree 100%.

The difference is most of the players you mentioned were not pre draft 1st round picks...the point I'm making is you said he was an outstanding cover CB. Yet, historically such players are one of the 1st off the board at their position.

It's going to be fun watching this yr to see how all these young CBs develop.
I'm usually not a fan of taking a CB in the first round unless they're truly a "can't-miss" type of prospect. I think his decision not to take any visits is what hurt him the most. I can't really think of a player doing that in recent years. That can definitely make a big difference. His tackling not being good also hurt a lot, though, I'm sure.

That said, there always seems to be at least 2-3 guys every year that are looked at as surefire first rounders who drop as you get closer to the draft and then subsequently on draft night. Byron Murphy was being looked at as a top 15-20 pick this year. Same with Jawaan Taylor, who I even saw being mocked as the first OT off the board as recently as mid-April. You just never know. If anything, I hope it adds fuel to his fire and that he works his ass off to show the other 31 teams they were wrong to pass on him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you got your wish...Greedy could turn out to be a stud, but talking about SB, etc, the kid just needs to earn a starting gig first. A lot to like, but also enough to drop him from the 1st or 2nd CB taken to the 7th CB taken.

Yeah he is the smartest kid but I think the excitement of being on this roster and just him falling that far....I think that will give him motivation.
Concerns: Wonderlic score - tbf Revis got a 10 on the wonderlic, other guys have too, especially CB's.
Tackling - have to actually see this on the field. He played against physical WR's like Metcalf and absolutely shut him down.

Yeah it was concerning he fell that far but I watched him play a lot and his cover skills alone and athleticism made him a top 3 CB in this draft...I guess most teams thought his "weaknesses" trumped his strengths. I disagree but I guess we will find out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not a fan of taking a CB in the first round unless they're truly a "can't-miss" type of prospect. I think his decision not to take any visits is what hurt him the most. I can't really think of a player doing that in recent years. That can definitely make a big difference. His tackling not being good also hurt a lot, though, I'm sure.

That said, there always seems to be at least 2-3 guys every year that are looked at as surefire first rounders who drop as you get closer to the draft and then subsequently on draft night. Byron Murphy was being looked at as a top 15-20 pick this year. Same with Jawaan Taylor, who I even saw being mocked as the first OT off the board as recently as mid-April. You just never know. If anything, I hope it adds fuel to his fire and that he works his ass off to show the other 31 teams they were wrong to pass on him.

I think the entire CB class was knocked down a few pegs in this draft because of the depth of DL, and edge. I don't see very much CFB, but I do see some SEC games and I thought Baker was the better player, between the two, but after the combine testing and his numbers were not stellar, he started dropping yet he ended up being the 1st CB off the board.

Some kids excel right away, most others don't really get a handle on the pro game for a year or so.