• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grantland making the case the ravens will regain the throne in the toughest division

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vegas was giving the odds of 3 teams from a division making playoffs and it was 1-10 odds I'd lay down a G to win a hunge last year was a fluke because of the soft schedule like you said
Of course it was a fluke... The Ravens Losing in Gillette was the fluke that was a nice comeback against a better team... Twice

..and how much would u have laid down that Baltimore goes into Gillette and beats NE by 15 two years ago or by 19 2 years before that?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratbird is so negative. Weak but negative.
Where the other words too big for you? Didn't study them in summer school today?
Just more deflection. Have you ever answered a question? Without some BS stat?
Of course it was a fluke... The Ravens Losing in Gillette was the fluke that was a nice comeback against a better team... Twice

..and how much would u have laid down that Baltimore goes into Gillette and beats NE by 15 two years ago or by 19 2 years before that?
Slow down, take breath and some adderal. Focus for just a second. Sonny was talking about regular season. You go off on your normal tangent. Why not tell us again how Flacco dominates the Pats, ha ha ha

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that was possible, I didn't say he said it. Maybe you should go back and read the posts again.

Oh now we are in the "I'll parse everything into oblivion" stage of the discussion? Cool.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The year Brady comes back after knee surgery with supposed broken ribs? and you want to keep revisiting that game, get a new coat rack to hang your hat on. That game I forgot about years ago, but to you it's like a girl you banged in HS after 2 bottles of MD20/20 and some spanish fly. Now Giants being a 14 point underdog in SB and wins, that's a huge upset, 1 of the biggest ones in Sports history taking down an 18-0 team.

It would like me saying that Pats are 20-5 vs the mighty AFCN with Brady under center in every post, who give's a rat's ass, I worry about 2015 now. I don't go around to say that but Pats are the current champs, that's history,this is a new season. 3 Teams from AFCN aint gonna happen kid, helll they might only be 1 with Pitt

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even quoted a line from it.

the only thing you quoted was Barnwell saying "I wouldn't be surprised". The rest of your comments were fluffy hand wavy stuff that didn't point to anything specific. The closest you got was Barnwell saying that the Ravens are less injury prone, which I didn't actually infer from the article.

3000 words in the article and you can't find a single specific sentence you can refute but you find it junk. Granted it isn't nesn.com or barstoolsports so I can see why you wouldn't like it.

You still haven't shown any evidence to suggest that your criticism of the article and website is driven by anything other than your hatred of the conclusion.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year Brady comes back after knee surgery with supposed broken ribs? and you want to keep revisiting that game, get a new coat rack to hang your hat on. That game I forgot about years ago, but to you it's like a girl you banged in HS after 2 bottles of MD20/20 and some spanish fly. Now Giants being a 14 point underdog in SB and wins, that's a huge upset, 1 of the biggest ones in Sports history taking down an 18-0 team.

It would like me saying that Pats are 20-5 vs the mighty AFCN with Brady under center in every post, who give's a rat's ass, I worry about 2015 now. I don't go around to say that but Pats are the current champs, that's history,this is a new season. 3 Teams from AFCN aint gonna happen kid, helll they might only be 1 with Pitt

This is a reasonable criticism.

Past success is not necessarily indicative of future performance.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just call the play where Edelman threw that touchdown a really good play, well executed at exactly the right time in a game that was continually back and forth. The backward pass from Brady to Edelman made the DBs on the right stop, step forward and then realize that Edelman was going to throw. It allowed Amendola an extra two steps. Edelman being a quarterback in college was not uncomfortable throwing the ball.

Can you guys just take a breath, stop the insults and call it what it was.

Ravens were not outcoached on the play, they had the correct coverage. It wasn't a sneaky, illegal play, it was legit play. The simple truth is that it was a play that worked to perfection exactly as it was designed to do.

Exactly like the Ravens first play in Gillette three years ago. Hand off to Rice, breaks left behind a perfect block and runs 78 yards untouched to the end zone. Perfect. Exactly as designed and perfectly executed. It doesn't matter what else happened on that play. I don't care that Vince Wilfork said he was held.....the play worked and the Patriots never recovered.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vegas was giving the odds of 3 teams from a division making playoffs and it was 1-10 odds I'd lay down a G to win a hunge last year was a fluke because of the soft schedule like you said

Oh I think the odds of any division getting 3 playoff teams are pretty small. I would put down big money on the AFC North not doing it again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just call the play where Edelman threw that touchdown a really good play, well executed at exactly the right time in a game that was continually back and forth. The backward pass from Brady to Edelman made the DBs on the right stop, step forward and then realize that Edelman was going to throw. It allowed Amendola an extra two steps. Edelman being a quarterback in college was not uncomfortable throwing the ball.

Can you guys just take a breath, stop the insults and call it what it was.

Ravens were not outcoached on the play, they had the correct coverage. It wasn't a sneaky, illegal play, it was legit play. The simple truth is that it was a play that worked to perfection exactly as it was designed to do.

Exactly like the Ravens first play in Gillette three years ago. Hand off to Rice, breaks left behind a perfect block and runs 78 yards untouched to the end zone. Perfect. Exactly as designed and perfectly executed. It doesn't matter what else happened on that play. I don't care that Vince Wilfork said he was held.....the play worked and the Patriots never recovered.

Good post. I feel the same way about Butler's pick to be honest.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a reasonable criticism.

Past success is not necessarily indicative of future performance.
Well I keep hearing spout of the might AFCN and have AFCE is a cake walk. Over the Past 15 years the pct diff is very close with the AFCN slightly above the AFCE and the Pats have dominated the AFCN 20-5. One would summize that the Pats would win the AFCN every year in they went there, but who knows, the dynamic changes. Having said that , I'm not like the CFL fan's that argue about conferences. The SEC is the best and your sucks nah nah nah nah!!. I don't worry about the other 3 teams in the AFCE and have a hatred for the Jets, but if Miami or Buffalo were in it , would probably root for them to advance if Pats were out. Maybe 2 comes out of the AFCE , maybe. Every year Miami is supposed to be on the upstart and they fall just short, I think if Buffalo could get a real QB, they would be scary good and could take the division and maybe go back to the promised land. God knows 4 straight SB's and no Lombardi's is damn damn tough pill to swallow. I was lucky to have been at the first 3 of those SB's 25,26,27

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I keep hearing spout of the might AFCN and have AFCE is a cake walk. Over the Past 15 years the pct diff is very close with the AFCN slightly above the AFCE and the Pats have dominated the AFCN 20-5. One would summize that the Pats would win the AFCN every year in they went there, but who knows, the dynamic changes. Having said that , I'm not like the CFL fan's that argue about conferences. The SEC is the best and your sucks nah nah nah nah!!. I don't worry about the other 3 teams in the AFCE and have a hatred for the Jets, but if Miami or Buffalo were in it , would probably root for them to advance if Pats were out. Maybe 2 comes out of the AFCE , maybe. Every year Miami is supposed to be on the upstart and they fall just short, I think if Buffalo could get a real QB, they would be scary good and could take the division and maybe go back to the promised land. God knows 4 straight SB's and no Lombardi's is damn damn tough pill to swallow. I was lucky to have been at the first 3 of those SB's 25,26,27

The problem with measuring division strength is that it is hard to measure it effectively.

Is a division with 4 9 win teams stronger than a division with a 14 win team, a 11 win team and a 3 and 5 win team?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with measuring division strength is that it is hard to measure it effectively.

Is a division with 4 9 win teams stronger than a division with a 14 win team, a 11 win team and a 3 and 5 win team?

Exactly and the way I look at is if said Div has 2 to 3 reps and they go out first round in the playoffs, vs a Div that has say 2 reps and they meet up in CCG like say Seattle vs SF. I could care less if Pats played in the weakest div in NFL but as long as they are standing in the CCG like the 9 times in 13 years Brady has started, if this makes any sense?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and the way I look at is if said Div has 2 to 3 reps and they go out first round in the playoffs, vs a Div that has say 2 reps and they meet up in CCG like say Seattle vs SF. I could care less if Pats played in the weakest div in NFL but as long as they are standing in the CCG like the 9 times in 13 years Brady has started, if this makes any sense?

Having said that, I don't think the the AFC East has been a particularly difficult division for most of that era. The Bills have been mostly bad and the Dolphins only occasionally make it to average. The Jets have been the Jets except for 2 seasons.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that, I don't think the the AFC East has been a particularly difficult division for most of that era. The Bills have been mostly bad and the Dolphins only occasionally make it to average. The Jets have been the Jets except for 2 seasons.

I concur but no other div in AFC has been tough except North. Your NFCW wasn't strong until the last 4-5 years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur but no other div in AFC has been tough except North. Your NFCW wasn't strong until the last 4-5 years

Oh I agree with that. It's rare to have a consistently tough division. I'd say the NFC North is probably the only one that has been more or less tough consistently.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing you quoted was Barnwell saying "I wouldn't be surprised". The rest of your comments were fluffy hand wavy stuff that didn't point to anything specific. The closest you got was Barnwell saying that the Ravens are less injury prone, which I didn't actually infer from the article.

3000 words in the article and you can't find a single specific sentence you can refute but you find it junk. Granted it isn't nesn.com or barstoolsports so I can see why you wouldn't like it.

You still haven't shown any evidence to suggest that your criticism of the article and website is driven by anything other than your hatred of the conclusion.

Actually he closes the article with him using the injury issue as the reason for the article. Maybe try reading it?:noidea: