• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grantland making the case the ravens will regain the throne in the toughest division

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls always think their comments are innocuous. Of course at this point, you've staked your vitally important Internet reputation on smearing Barnwell so obviously there is no other choice but to call him horrible in every possible way. Doesn't matter if you've never read him.

What's Shaughnessy up to this week?

Don't know, not my turn to spy on him, and he sucks.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've repeatedly made the assertion that he isn't a very good writer. What you haven't done is show WHY. Once again you bring up a factually wrong criticism and now just punt back to saying "He sucks".

The only reason why the Ravens are relevant is because you started off this whole criticism by criticizing the article simply because you didn't like his observations. Now you feel the need to defend your absurd reasoning because no one is ever forced to concede an error on the Internet so if you just keep repeating the same thing and gunning for the last word you feel you can still "win" the argument.

I've been reading Barnwell for some time and he always provides a detailed argument for whatever he is saying unlike most of the crap you read on the Internet today.

Barnwell sucks and it has nothing to do with the Ravens. that is an assumption you made early on, it was wrong, and now your inability to admit you were wrong on something is on full display.:thumb:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnwell sucks and it has nothing to do with the Ravens. that is an assumption you made early on, it was wrong, and now your inability to admit you were wrong on something is on full display.:thumb:

Wrong about what? The fact that you never heard of Bill Barnwell until this thread? Or the fact that you would never simply admit that point and instead will just repeat "he sucks" over and over again as if that is some brilliant insight.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how the Ravens 2015 season will be remembered, just a bump.

The top quote is your very first post in this thread.

It has nothing to do with the Ravens??? Uh-huh. :L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who deadspin lists at #10(NPO) on their 73 worst accounts in sports.

The Deadspin Twitter -100*: The 73 Worst Accounts In Sports
Wrong about what? The fact that you never heard of Bill Barnwell until this thread? Or the fact that you would never simply admit that point and instead will just repeat "he sucks" over and over again as if that is some brilliant insight.

Grantland is sub par, as is contributor Bill Barnwell, imho.

Wrong about that I disliked the article because of it having to do with the Ravens, when in Fact I disliked it because the article sucked, and it had nothing to do with the Ravens.

And you'll just repeat over and over again how great Bill Barnwell is, as if that is some brilliant insight.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it every writer who speaks ill of the Pats are horrible writers, and all those who swing from Bradys nut are great.

Nope. There are lots of crappy writers out there that are for or against the Pats, as there are also lots of good writers out there that are for or against the Pats.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top quote is your very first post in this thread.

It has nothing to do with the Ravens??? Uh-huh. :L

My opinion of Bill Barnwell, and Grantland have nothing to do with the Ravens. And my first post was a joke.:L

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of Bill Barnwell, and Grantland have nothing to do with the Ravens. And my first post was a joke.:L

If you just owned even half of the crap you spew on here, people would have much more respect for you. People actually respect Rock more than you.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just owned even half of the crap you spew on here, people would have much more respect for you. People actually respect Rock more than you.

If you stopped making just half of the ignorant comments based on preconceived assumptions you spew on here, people would have much more respect for you. People actually respect Oldman more than you.:thumb:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens will be good, but the question is...are they that much better than the Steelers or Bengals in that division. Honestly...No.

Their offense is nowhere near PItt's, and despite a lack of QB in Cincinnati, they have weapons beyond measure on offense at WR, TE, and RB, as well as one of the best OL's in the NFL. Their defense is probably the deepest in the division with Atkins back at 100%, return of MJ at DE, and their CB's and Safeties are very good.

The Ravens are going to be good, and will have a favorable schedule thanks to their finish last year. It's up to them to take advantage of that schedule and win games outside the division, because inside the division nothing is a given...as usual.

The AFCN is going to be a tough division.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens will be good, but the question is...are they that much better than the Steelers or Bengals in that division. Honestly...No.

Their offense is nowhere near PItt's, and despite a lack of QB in Cincinnati, they have weapons beyond measure on offense at WR, TE, and RB, as well as one of the best OL's in the NFL. Their defense is probably the deepest in the division with Atkins back at 100%, return of MJ at DE, and their CB's and Safeties are very good.

The Ravens are going to be good, and will have a favorable schedule thanks to their finish last year. It's up to them to take advantage of that schedule and win games outside the division, because inside the division nothing is a given...as usual.

You didn't predict the Ravens being the best, you clearly don't understand that, that is the only allowed position on these boards according to posters such as tgann, money, and now flyerhawk for some odd reason..

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't predict the Ravens being the best, you clearly don't understand that, that is the only allowed position on these boards according to posters such as tgann, money, and now flyerhawk for some odd reason..

You whine more than your favorite QB.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ranking the teams based on how I rank the QBs heading in.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland

Hmmm funny, that is about how I see it too.

Hater!!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland

That's a fair assessment. No arguing that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who deadspin lists at #10(NPO) on their 73 worst accounts in sports.

The Deadspin Twitter -100*: The 73 Worst Accounts In Sports

Did you see where he said that Barnwell is a fine writer? His problem with his Twitter handle is that he is too much of a know it all. Once again, you can't support your argument.

Grantland is sub par, as is contributor Bill Barnwell, imho.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When you aren't able to back it up, people tend to dismiss the opinion though.

Wrong about that I disliked the article because of it having to do with the Ravens, when in Fact I disliked it because the article sucked, and it had nothing to do with the Ravens.

You dismissed the article because of its conclusions. You didn't read the article. You then made claims that were simply false about the article, and then did the same thing with another article of his.

And you'll just repeat over and over again how great Bill Barnwell is, as if that is some brilliant insight.

I've provided detail as to why I think he is a very good football writer. It isn't brilliant insight but it is supporting an argument. Something you should try and do

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you think I care where the Ravens are ranked, speaks volumes about your biases.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is amazing with this guy. He says stupid shit and when it gets pointed out he either pretends he didn't say or says it was a joke.