• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grantland making the case the ravens will regain the throne in the toughest division

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an absurd criticism. He is making a prediction and said he may be wrong. That is the sort of thing that any writer would say when making predictions.

You finding that the biggest flaw in the article pretty much proves the vacuity of your claim.

Well lets go out on that limb with him.

I predict the Jaguars won't win the SB, but "I wouldn't be surprised" if they do.

or the inverse

I predict the Jaguars will win the SB, but "I wouldn't be surprised" if they don't.

Real edgy writing by that guy.

As others have pointed out, Grantland should stick to baseball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets go out on that limb with him.

I predict the Jaguars won't win the SB, but "I wouldn't be surprised" if they do.

or the inverse

I predict the Jaguars will win the SB, but "I wouldn't be surprised" if they don't.

Real edgy writing by that guy.

As others have pointed out, Grantland should stick to baseball.

Expect that would be a rather absurd comment to make because you WOULD be surprised if the Jaguars were to win the Super Bowl.

Perhaps English isn't your primary language but the phrase "I wouldn't be surprised if" is a way of tempering a claim or observation.

For example, I think the Seahawks will go to the Super Bowl this year but I wouldn't be surprised to see Green Bay make it instead. See how that works? It gives the reader an understanding that I am not adamantly supporting my claim and that other outcomes are nearly as likely.

Given that the AFC North was extremely competitive last year and is shaping up to be very competitive again this year, any prediction about that division is one that could easily be wrong.

For whatever reason, you can't seem to come to terms with this probably because your hatred of the Ravens makes it nearly impossible for you to accept anyone even considering them as possibly being good.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, you can't seem to come to terms with this probably because your hatred of the Ravens makes it nearly impossible for you to accept anyone even considering them as possibly being good.

:dingdingding:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect that would be a rather absurd comment to make because you WOULD be surprised if the Jaguars were to win the Super Bowl.

Perhaps English isn't your primary language but the phrase "I wouldn't be surprised if" is a way of tempering a claim or observation.

For example, I think the Seahawks will go to the Super Bowl this year but I wouldn't be surprised to see Green Bay make it instead. See how that works? It gives the reader an understanding that I am not adamantly supporting my claim and that other outcomes are nearly as likely.

Given that the AFC North was extremely competitive last year and is shaping up to be very competitive again this year, any prediction about that division is one that could easily be wrong.

Lot of words to prove my point, when you could have just used that one portion.

And just to make you feel better,

"I wouldn't be surprised" if the Chargers went to the SB.

And as to your last sentence, you clearly haven't been paying attention, since in multiple posts I have specifically said I thought they were a good team; however I think their chances are diminished due to the increasing parrity of the NFL and there being an uptick in teams in that mid tier range. That imho will hurt their chances not because they got worse, but because the room got fuller, combined with them having what appears to be a tougher schedule this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of words to prove my point, when you could have just used that one portion.

And just to make you feel better,

"I wouldn't be surprised" if the Chargers went to the SB.

Well I would be surprised if the Chargers went to the Super Bowl.

And as to your last sentence, you clearly haven't been paying attention, since in multiple posts I have specifically said I thought they were a good team; however I think their chances are diminished due to the increasing parrity of the NFL and there being an uptick in teams in that mid tier range. That imho will hurt their chances not because they got worse, but because the room got fuller, combined with them having what appears to be a tougher schedule this season.

This is so typical for you. Your entire purpose of discrediting the article was to disparage his prediction that the Ravens would win the division. You have repeatedly made factual errors trying to defend your position. And now you are going to trying to convince us that you actually had a tempered view of the Ravens? No one is buying it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What factual error/s?

And why are you so desperate to try and make it about whether I think the Ravens are any good or not?

My view of the Ravens being a good to better than avg team has been the same since the season ended.

The guy wrote a piece in part based on the assumption that the Steelers would have more injuries than the Ravens, and also left himself an out regarding his so called position.

You act if my take on them is some sort of radical view, when it's pretty much the common view on them.

Here are some articles on them for the upcoming season. Some sites I read, some I found just doing a quick search for this post, for example,

FINAL ANALYSIS
Although the schedule is demanding, the Ravens remain playoff contenders — if a receiving corps in flux can get the job done and if the secondary can avoid the injuries that have prevented them from getting past Tom Brady in the postseason.

Prediction: 3rd in AFC North

Baltimore Ravens 2015 Team Preview and Prediction | AthlonSports.com

---------------------

Final Record: 11-5 and a wild-card berth

Baltimore Ravens 2015 Schedule: Win-Loss Predictions for Every Game | Bleacher Report

--------------------------

Record: 9-7.

Baltimore Ravens game-by-game predictions - Baltimore Ravens Blog - ESPN

--------

Page is getting long so I'll stop with those for now.

Like I said, they are a very solid team and a threat to make the post season, but it will be harder this year for them, for the reasons I already stated.
The two of you are hung up on that one article like it's the end all be all, when in fact it's somewhat loosely written, for the reasons I already stated.

Ravens are a 9-11 win team, it's tough to call it any closer than that right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the post season. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the post season. I currently don't see them taking the North, but you know what, with everything being so tight amongst those teams, I wouldn't suprise if they won the North.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerHawk (quoted)

^
deep rooted hatred of the Ravens is so obvious. It feels good to see and in sure it's stemmed from the beatings levied by the Ravens on NE in Gillette in the playoffs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerHawk (quoted)

^
deep rooted hatred of the Ravens is so obvious. It feels good to see and in sure it's stemmed from the beatings levied by the Ravens on NE in Gillette in the playoffs.

So stating that they are a good team means I hate them?:scratch::L

Wholly schnickies are you delusional.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stating that they are a good team means I hate them?:scratch::L

Wholly schnickies are you delusional.

It's the 9,000 other posts from u that convinced me of this.... Slight trend...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerHawk (quoted)

^

I know the Raven's have beaten the Pats a few times in the playoffs, but I personally don't hate them but respect them, and like the new rivalry. I think it has replaced the Indy/NE that existed when Jethro was there. They are definitely the last team in the AFC that I want NE to face in playoffs. Ozzie understand BB, learning his coaching style as his first coaching job and Harbs aint no slouch

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was those three AFC North playoff record last year?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that, the "toughest division" in football couldn't beat any good team when it mattered.
You asked for the playoffs records of that div , but like I said before I'm not like a college fan, beating my chest about a conference SEC !!! Some guys on here are into the Div BS, not me. I don't mind Buffalo and Miami and despise Jets so hope everybody gives them a beating. including bye week